or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2022

post #30316 of 76166
Will.i.n
post #30317 of 76166
On second examination I think I need to take in this suit in a few places, feels a bit big especially in the chest/shoulders, maybe waist too but I don't want it tugging. Maybe I am just not used to how things are "suppose" to fit, as I took everyones suggestion to ease up on tightness. I also need to take in the sleeves more, my tailor didn't take them in enough so dropping it off today after work but wanted thoughts on other alterations. First slubby silk tie purchase.

7342066614_975da46b22.jpg


7156876371_2d09ffdb43.jpg
post #30318 of 76166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citan1145 View Post

On second examination I think I need to take in this suit in a few places, feels a bit big especially in the chest/shoulders, maybe waist too but I don't want it tugging. Maybe I am just not used to how things are "suppose" to fit, as I took everyones suggestion to ease up on tightness. I also need to take in the sleeves more, my tailor didn't take them in enough so dropping it off today after work but wanted thoughts on other alterations. First slubby silk tie purchase.

This. Don't touch that suit!
post #30319 of 76166
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinDonuts View Post

I'm curious, was the Jubilee an excuse for your neighborhood to have a party, or are there really parties going on to celebrate someone you don't know holding the same job for a long time? (I'm asking from the point of view of a citizen of a country without a monarchy whose leader changes every 4-8 years).

There have been celebrations all across the country. We have got a 4 day weekend as we have had Monday and Tuesday as a bank holiday. There was a pageant on Sunday and all weekend there have been parties, fireworks etc. The monarchy is a big thing for us Brits, everyone seems to love the queen, and she has been in power for 60 years! So, while it was nice for my girlfriends street to have a party, it wasn't just an excuse for a party haha. There is bunting everywhere around London and lots of cars have union jacks flying out of their windows. It's great, makes me proud to be British.
post #30320 of 76166
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

looks good. prefer black shoes with it.

no doubt you do wink.gif

thanks buddy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcobinad View Post

Am liking this. Well coordinated. Nice tie there :-)

thank you sir!

@ cousin donuts - "Is the suit charcoal or navy? regardless, I like it."

it is charcoal, with a light blue chalk stripe, and thanks. smile.gif
post #30321 of 76166
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
from yesterday, had photobucket issues so i couldnt post it.

excuse the lawn.

Untitled-19.jpg
14fc5dbd.jpg
d87088e5.jpg

Coat seems a bit long, Stitch. Does it need to be that long to cover your tuchus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedYoga View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Fun day in court.

1765095

1765096

323

It looks like the coat is hinging on the button and closing the lower fronts. Makes you look boxy and visually cuts you in two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcobinad View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

DSC04004.jpg
DSC03999.jpg
DSC03995.jpg
DSC03994.jpg


Kids trying to join the fashion trend:

DSC03972.jpg
DSC03966.jpg
DSC03839.jpg
DSC03834.jpg
DSC03832.jpg
DSC03826.jpg
DSC03817.jpg
DSC03814.jpg
DSC03809.jpg

smile.gif

Adorable kids. Did not love your fit, but if you got it like that, then carry on. Maybe fewer pics next time; at least spoiler them...
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citan1145 View Post

On second examination I think I need to take in this suit in a few places, feels a bit big especially in the chest/shoulders, maybe waist too but I don't want it tugging. Maybe I am just not used to how things are "suppose" to fit, as I took everyones suggestion to ease up on tightness. I also need to take in the sleeves more, my tailor didn't take them in enough so dropping it off today after work but wanted thoughts on other alterations. First slubby silk tie purchase.

This. Don't touch that suit!

+1 (except for the sleeve length)
post #30322 of 76166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieceofsand View Post

Why are you kids kissing?

Reason being that blood is thicker than water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieceofsand View Post

They like teh gay?
That's a little too much of a question!

They are just innocent kids, sir. Thanks!
post #30323 of 76166
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcobinad View Post

Reason being that blood is thicker than water.

I never understood this saying. I mean I get it is supposed to mean family bond and all of that, but where does water come into play?
post #30324 of 76166
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post


Did not love your fit, but if you got it like that, then carry on. Maybe fewer pics next time; at least spoiler them...

Thanks sir for the fit back. I would appreciate if you can develop more on the area i need to make amend. Is it the colour coordination which is out of place or fit? Will take any advise on board and try to improve next time smile.gif
post #30325 of 76166
I think it is the fit of the jacket, it is pull-fest everywhere. The cravate looks kind of contrived on a younger guy like yourself and you should show a little shirt cuff.
post #30326 of 76166
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I never understood this saying. I mean I get it is supposed to mean family bond and all of that, but where does water come into play?

Is English your first language? If not, i can understand why you don't comprehend this famous expression "Blood is thicker than water". Google it and you will understand it better. Cheers :-)
post #30327 of 76166
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Coat seems a bit long, Stitch. Does it need to be that long to cover your tuchus?

it seems all of my jackets get that reply here frown.gif

it was MTM, so it should be just right. right??

maybe its the angle of the pics my kid takes? confused.gif

and lol, it only covers part of my tuchus.
post #30328 of 76166
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcobinad View Post

Is English your first language? If not, i can understand why you don't comprehend this famous expression "Blood is thicker than water". Google it and you will understand it better. Cheers :-)

I understand it. I am just saying that it is stupid.
post #30329 of 76166
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I understand it. I am just saying that it is stupid.

Thanks!
post #30330 of 76166
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I think it is the fit of the jacket, it is pull-fest everywhere. The cravate looks kind of contrived on a younger guy like yourself and you should show a little shirt cuff.

Should i alter the jacket for a better fit? Is it too long? Could it be the possible reason why the fit is completely squashed up.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III