I think that this is iroh's method to turn black pants into charcoal gray.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:20 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1998post #29957 of 787175/31/12 at 8:48amQuote:Originally Posted by mafoofan
There is black in your jacket, but since it is peppered with white and gray, it comes off as grayish overall. This is always the case with black-and-white weaves. "Gray" herringbones, houndstooths, and plaids are often actually a mix of white and black threads.
If those trousers are black, they should be burned.
i understand it comes off as gray, but i was still hesitant. now i am not.
lawlz, g-d forbid, the pants are charcoal gray.
i fera not. B&S is where it must go.post #29958 of 787175/31/12 at 9:10amQuote:
What if you have clip-on suspenders?
BTW, I think that he's looking up your number in that shot. Keep your phone handy.post #29959 of 787175/31/12 at 9:27ampost #29960 of 787175/31/12 at 9:30ampost #29961 of 787175/31/12 at 9:39amQuote:Originally Posted by mafoofan
Hate the shoes in and of themselves, but regardless, their general design and formality really don't belong here. Black punch-cap oxfords are just so classically business formal that it is really jarring to see them worn with an odd jacket. The "office pants" trousers don't help.
pls stop talking about shoes. many thankspost #29962 of 787175/31/12 at 9:46ampost #29964 of 787175/31/12 at 10:26amQuote:Originally Posted by mafoofan
^^^ Can you please stop spreading this nonsense?
First of all, pleats serve an important function on trousers. Without them, pants tend to bunch up horizontally above the crotch, to a particularly atrocious effect when sitting.
Second, pleats are classic to both English (forward pleats) and Italian (reverse pleats) tailoring. A nice suit from a good bespoke tailor is far more likely to be pleated than flat front. You'd have to really argue against your tailor's better sensibilities to get him to make you the latter. In my mind, flat front is the hallmark of the disgusting "slim-fit" RTW trouser. I have no idea why anyone would see that as a paradigm.
I do not agree!
All depends on the human figure.
Any options pants are good if they are suitable for you. And the one fold, and with two folds and no folds.
It's very Idividualny.
I tried different versions of bespoke trousers.
And for me the most suitable shape - it wrinkle-free.
Last 50-60 pairs of pants, I ordered a bespoke only without the folds.
In my sport legs, narrow waist, the folds are not relevant. It is a pity of course. After all, they are the correct and classical. But to me they fit much worse than those without wrinkles.
So for me the most appropriate - pants without pleats.
And this is not a whim, but simply a selection of my figure.
However, I agree with you that most people are better suited bespoke trousers with pleats than pants without pleats.
I just, alas - of the minority.post #29965 of 787175/31/12 at 10:38ampost #29966 of 787175/31/12 at 10:41ampost #29967 of 787175/31/12 at 10:42ampost #29968 of 787175/31/12 at 10:44ampost #29969 of 787175/31/12 at 10:52amQuote:
Looks like the pants are sitting low or the pants have a large rise?post #29970 of 787175/31/12 at 11:19amnew Isaia SC looks great! nice example of how this brand SHOULD look. you oughta post on the isaia FB wall 'coral walk' pix! what other isaia stuff did you pick up recently, and is this one off the rack?
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Official Terrorist Bombing and Other Acts of Inhumanity Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 15 minutes ago
- › Bally Shoes and how people feel about them 16 minutes ago
- › Appropriate Desert Boots w/Suit 22 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 31 minutes ago
- › Lanieri Online MTM suits Made in Italy - Official Affiliate Thread 32 minutes ago
- › What are you reading? 47 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 51 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...