Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 12/2/13 at 4:49pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1998
Styleforum Top Picks
There is black in your jacket, but since it is peppered with white and gray, it comes off as grayish overall. This is always the case with black-and-white weaves. "Gray" herringbones, houndstooths, and plaids are often actually a mix of white and black threads.
If those trousers are black, they should be burned.
i understand it comes off as gray, but i was still hesitant. now i am not.
lawlz, g-d forbid, the pants are charcoal gray.
i fera not. B&S is where it must go.
What if you have clip-on suspenders?
BTW, I think that he's looking up your number in that shot. Keep your phone handy.
Hate the shoes in and of themselves, but regardless, their general design and formality really don't belong here. Black punch-cap oxfords are just so classically business formal that it is really jarring to see them worn with an odd jacket. The "office pants" trousers don't help.
pls stop talking about shoes. many thanks
^^^ Can you please stop spreading this nonsense?
First of all, pleats serve an important function on trousers. Without them, pants tend to bunch up horizontally above the crotch, to a particularly atrocious effect when sitting.
Second, pleats are classic to both English (forward pleats) and Italian (reverse pleats) tailoring. A nice suit from a good bespoke tailor is far more likely to be pleated than flat front. You'd have to really argue against your tailor's better sensibilities to get him to make you the latter. In my mind, flat front is the hallmark of the disgusting "slim-fit" RTW trouser. I have no idea why anyone would see that as a paradigm.
I do not agree!
All depends on the human figure.
Any options pants are good if they are suitable for you. And the one fold, and with two folds and no folds.
It's very Idividualny.
I tried different versions of bespoke trousers.
And for me the most suitable shape - it wrinkle-free.
Last 50-60 pairs of pants, I ordered a bespoke only without the folds.
In my sport legs, narrow waist, the folds are not relevant. It is a pity of course. After all, they are the correct and classical. But to me they fit much worse than those without wrinkles.
So for me the most appropriate - pants without pleats.
And this is not a whim, but simply a selection of my figure.
However, I agree with you that most people are better suited bespoke trousers with pleats than pants without pleats.
I just, alas - of the minority.
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread 3 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Park Avenue and McAllister quality check 11 seconds ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 36 seconds ago
- › Recent Purchases 52 seconds ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 1 minute ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 2 minutes ago
- › Tres Bien Shop 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw