Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:04 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1995post #29911 of 787195/30/12 at 8:46pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #29912 of 787195/30/12 at 8:49pmpost #29913 of 787195/30/12 at 10:52pmQuote:
I somewhat agree about the jacket, even though it doesn't look that slim to me, but he looks wide-hipped (correct me if I'm wrong), and skinny pants look ridiculous on wide-hipped men; they create a feminine figure...post #29914 of 787195/31/12 at 1:02amQuote:Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Why did you decide to put flap pockets on this jacket, Vic? Donegal seems to cry out for patch pockets, no?
It's a gorgeous piece either way. I'm only asking because I'm just starting to experiment with MTM sport coats and I'm trying to learn the customs and protocols.
It is not necessary.
Most certainly do patch pockets at the bottom of the bar plus a slit pocket on the chest (or a patch pocket on the chest)
But sometimes you can do and welt pockets at the bottom of valve.
Just jackets with pockets with flaps luchshe ordering less, approximately one (1) coat with flaps to 3-4 jackets with patch pockets. (it's all for my taste)
The first 2-3 of the tweed jacket, I would recommend to do with patch pockets at the bottom. And with slit pocket - on the chest.
By the way is sometimes nice to look jackets with patch pockets with flaps.
But here it is important not to be mistaken with the choice of the figure, the thickness of tissue and the rules of the location of the pockets.post #29915 of 787195/31/12 at 1:48ampost #29916 of 787195/31/12 at 1:50ampost #29917 of 787195/31/12 at 2:09am
If you stood up straight, as in put your shoulders back, you would probly look a whole lot better than you do stooped over forwards.
Then, as others have said..
Shirt collar, lose the button down, longer blades.
Trousers too long - too many breaks on the way down the leg, should only be one small break at the ankle
Tie colour is too weak for the ensemble.
Jacket shoulders padded, but thats fairly normal with off the rack.
So Change your shirt and tie, stand up straight (shoulders back) and at some stage have your trouser hems done.
Not too bad for a beginner IMHO.post #29918 of 787195/31/12 at 2:15ampost #29919 of 787195/31/12 at 3:30ampost #29920 of 787195/31/12 at 4:00ampost #29921 of 787195/31/12 at 4:31ampost #29922 of 787195/31/12 at 4:55ampost #29923 of 787195/31/12 at 6:42ampost #29924 of 787195/31/12 at 6:43am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 42 seconds ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 12 minutes ago
- › Shortening a trench coat 22 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 24 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 25 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 26 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 29 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 33 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 36 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 38 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?