Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1995post #29911 of 787225/30/12 at 8:46pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #29912 of 787225/30/12 at 8:49pmpost #29913 of 787225/30/12 at 10:52pmQuote:
I somewhat agree about the jacket, even though it doesn't look that slim to me, but he looks wide-hipped (correct me if I'm wrong), and skinny pants look ridiculous on wide-hipped men; they create a feminine figure...post #29914 of 787225/31/12 at 1:02amQuote:Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Why did you decide to put flap pockets on this jacket, Vic? Donegal seems to cry out for patch pockets, no?
It's a gorgeous piece either way. I'm only asking because I'm just starting to experiment with MTM sport coats and I'm trying to learn the customs and protocols.
It is not necessary.
Most certainly do patch pockets at the bottom of the bar plus a slit pocket on the chest (or a patch pocket on the chest)
But sometimes you can do and welt pockets at the bottom of valve.
Just jackets with pockets with flaps luchshe ordering less, approximately one (1) coat with flaps to 3-4 jackets with patch pockets. (it's all for my taste)
The first 2-3 of the tweed jacket, I would recommend to do with patch pockets at the bottom. And with slit pocket - on the chest.
By the way is sometimes nice to look jackets with patch pockets with flaps.
But here it is important not to be mistaken with the choice of the figure, the thickness of tissue and the rules of the location of the pockets.post #29915 of 787225/31/12 at 1:48ampost #29916 of 787225/31/12 at 1:50ampost #29917 of 787225/31/12 at 2:09am
If you stood up straight, as in put your shoulders back, you would probly look a whole lot better than you do stooped over forwards.
Then, as others have said..
Shirt collar, lose the button down, longer blades.
Trousers too long - too many breaks on the way down the leg, should only be one small break at the ankle
Tie colour is too weak for the ensemble.
Jacket shoulders padded, but thats fairly normal with off the rack.
So Change your shirt and tie, stand up straight (shoulders back) and at some stage have your trouser hems done.
Not too bad for a beginner IMHO.post #29918 of 787225/31/12 at 2:15ampost #29919 of 787225/31/12 at 3:30ampost #29920 of 787225/31/12 at 4:00ampost #29921 of 787225/31/12 at 4:31ampost #29922 of 787225/31/12 at 4:55ampost #29923 of 787225/31/12 at 6:42ampost #29924 of 787225/31/12 at 6:43am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 56 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › gennaro paone: former head tailor of rubinacci 1 minute ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 1 minute ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 3 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 3 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Top 5 Online Shopping Websites For...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)