Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/31/12 at 5:14pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 1/30/13 at 10:57pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Edited on 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Edited on 5/31/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Cedarville Store
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1995
I somewhat agree about the jacket, even though it doesn't look that slim to me, but he looks wide-hipped (correct me if I'm wrong), and skinny pants look ridiculous on wide-hipped men; they create a feminine figure...
Why did you decide to put flap pockets on this jacket, Vic? Donegal seems to cry out for patch pockets, no?
It's a gorgeous piece either way. I'm only asking because I'm just starting to experiment with MTM sport coats and I'm trying to learn the customs and protocols.
It is not necessary.
Most certainly do patch pockets at the bottom of the bar plus a slit pocket on the chest (or a patch pocket on the chest)
But sometimes you can do and welt pockets at the bottom of valve.
Just jackets with pockets with flaps luchshe ordering less, approximately one (1) coat with flaps to 3-4 jackets with patch pockets. (it's all for my taste)
The first 2-3 of the tweed jacket, I would recommend to do with patch pockets at the bottom. And with slit pocket - on the chest.
By the way is sometimes nice to look jackets with patch pockets with flaps.
But here it is important not to be mistaken with the choice of the figure, the thickness of tissue and the rules of the location of the pockets.
If you stood up straight, as in put your shoulders back, you would probly look a whole lot better than you do stooped over forwards.
Then, as others have said..
Shirt collar, lose the button down, longer blades.
Trousers too long - too many breaks on the way down the leg, should only be one small break at the ankle
Tie colour is too weak for the ensemble.
Jacket shoulders padded, but thats fairly normal with off the rack.
So Change your shirt and tie, stand up straight (shoulders back) and at some stage have your trouser hems done.
Not too bad for a beginner IMHO.
Your outfit looks really good top to bottom, and not even a whiff of acridity!
Your trousers are outstanding, they drape, and break, beautifully.
and no, you don't look like a clown at all...
Pretty damn impressive for a casual outfit if you ask me.
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 10 seconds ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 1 minute ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet x Carmina MTO 3 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoe P0rn. 5 minutes ago
- › Size 40S █ NWT Brooks Brothers Fitzgerald Suit in Charcoal 5 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 5 minutes ago
- › French Tailoring Thread (e.g. Camps de Luca, Cifonelli, Smalto and... 7 minutes ago
- › Isaia Coral Lapel Pin by carre567
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › Momotaro 702 (15.7 oz, Deep Indigo) by El Argentino
- › J. Crew Ludlow by collin9338
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Wedding shoes - How do you decide? by hollypowell
- › Cannes Film Festival Trend - Sunglasses by hollypowell
- › David Beckham - Style Icon by hollypowell
- › Style Icon - Brian Trunzo by hollypowell
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw