Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:12 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1995post #29911 of 787215/30/12 at 8:46pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #29912 of 787215/30/12 at 8:49pmpost #29913 of 787215/30/12 at 10:52pmQuote:
I somewhat agree about the jacket, even though it doesn't look that slim to me, but he looks wide-hipped (correct me if I'm wrong), and skinny pants look ridiculous on wide-hipped men; they create a feminine figure...post #29914 of 787215/31/12 at 1:02amQuote:Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Why did you decide to put flap pockets on this jacket, Vic? Donegal seems to cry out for patch pockets, no?
It's a gorgeous piece either way. I'm only asking because I'm just starting to experiment with MTM sport coats and I'm trying to learn the customs and protocols.
It is not necessary.
Most certainly do patch pockets at the bottom of the bar plus a slit pocket on the chest (or a patch pocket on the chest)
But sometimes you can do and welt pockets at the bottom of valve.
Just jackets with pockets with flaps luchshe ordering less, approximately one (1) coat with flaps to 3-4 jackets with patch pockets. (it's all for my taste)
The first 2-3 of the tweed jacket, I would recommend to do with patch pockets at the bottom. And with slit pocket - on the chest.
By the way is sometimes nice to look jackets with patch pockets with flaps.
But here it is important not to be mistaken with the choice of the figure, the thickness of tissue and the rules of the location of the pockets.post #29915 of 787215/31/12 at 1:48ampost #29916 of 787215/31/12 at 1:50ampost #29917 of 787215/31/12 at 2:09am
If you stood up straight, as in put your shoulders back, you would probly look a whole lot better than you do stooped over forwards.
Then, as others have said..
Shirt collar, lose the button down, longer blades.
Trousers too long - too many breaks on the way down the leg, should only be one small break at the ankle
Tie colour is too weak for the ensemble.
Jacket shoulders padded, but thats fairly normal with off the rack.
So Change your shirt and tie, stand up straight (shoulders back) and at some stage have your trouser hems done.
Not too bad for a beginner IMHO.post #29918 of 787215/31/12 at 2:15ampost #29919 of 787215/31/12 at 3:30ampost #29920 of 787215/31/12 at 4:00ampost #29921 of 787215/31/12 at 4:31ampost #29922 of 787215/31/12 at 4:55ampost #29923 of 787215/31/12 at 6:42ampost #29924 of 787215/31/12 at 6:43am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 2 minutes ago
- › TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other... 4 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 6 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge 4 September 2015: Air Your Linen! 16 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 17 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 18 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 25 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015