The biggest problems of that jacket for me would be the following: very low-cut armholes, shapeless torso, cheap padded shoulders.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 12/2/13 at 4:49pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1994
Styleforum Top Picks
there is a pinned thread, WAYWRN all stars. look at the fits there, it will give you an idea of how clothes should fit. im sure someone could write a lot about it, but i find seeing is the best way. then keep posting, and try to improve upon one critique at a time. (assuming it is a good one)
might help, you may be effed for OTR though. might have to bring all your stuff to a good tailor. styfo isnt cheap you know.
I would like to say thank you to you two gentlemen.
I will start my search for a good tailor, any suggestions how to pick a "good" one vs a poor one?
my pleasure. tho gentleman is not how i would describe myself.
well, you could get recommendations, and trial and error. keep in mind, not everything can be fixed, sometimes you just have move on from certain items. certain fixes are costly, and dont really come out right.
its a painful process you will no doubt enjoy going through.
The red makeup on the lips too wide... consider slimming them down... Plus balloons look like they were blown by a pump. I prefer mine naturally blown by human mouth but I guess that's a matter of taste.
Love the fuzzy hat tho.. keep the pics coming.
Rockin' the Oldsmobile, natch.
Oxxford. I have thus far resisted the temptation of bespoke clothing. Give me time...
I don't care about the style in North Carolina and I KNOW all about it as I was raised in that state. The no socks thing is very hard to pull off and it is best accomplished with trim trousers with no break. (Try thesartorialist.com for pics of Italian guys with drivers and no socks to see how it is done)
As mentioned before, try slimmer fitting cuts and tighten things up a bit as it would complement your build. Throughout the south the style is loose and baggy and in general is not a good look.
Americans do not need to take lessons from Italians about wearing a loafer without socks.
Southernstyle: you look quite good for a broke-ass college student south of Mason-Dixon. Don't tailor anything. When you're graduated, throw it all out and get new stuff.
please to watch the language.
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › Sidian, Ersatz and Vanes maze print shirt - xs (fits like s) 4 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 52 seconds ago
- › Henry Carter Neckwear & Accessories: Official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › United Stock Dry Goods Narrow - light wash size 29 3 minutes ago
- › Green behind the ears, help 5 minutes ago
- › Cole Haan Nike Air boots (size 9) 6 minutes ago
- › NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread 7 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 8 minutes ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by ahilal
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw