or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1993  

post #29881 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by acridsheep View Post

1270

Curious, what's the hem width on those? They look enormous, like 9.5
post #29882 of 78722
^ I have no idea. They are not wide bodies by any stretch. But then, I am not into skinny pants, so my perspective (right though it is) may not be SF-sanctioned.
post #29883 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by acridsheep View Post

^ I have no idea. They are not wide bodies by any stretch. But then, I am not into skinny pants, so my perspective (right though it is) may not be SF-sanctioned.

Could be the way you're standing, but the pants look baggy and the jacket looks very slim waisted.
post #29884 of 78722
Fitted jackets and full trousers looked good on Charlie Chaplin, so why not on other clowns?

confused.gif
post #29885 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post


Sorry, this is still pretty bad. If I had to guess the maker, I'd say Lauren RL or JAB even? It's very boxy, very poorly cut and quite unflattering on you. I stand by my previous assessment of retiring this jacket into the goodwill basket.

this actually is different jacket. i am not keen on "fit" yet. not sure what "well fitting" vs "poor fitting" is. :(

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


definitely better. your jacket chest is still not lying flat tho, and your shirt collar is way too small. lastly, the PS is trying to escape. keep on posting, only way to learn.
also, do you have gigantic shrek sized hands? no hate.

 

i do have uncommonly big hands. and i would say the chest isnt laying flat due to my 'athletic" build. should i go up a size in jackets?

post #29886 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Corbera View Post

Fitted jackets and full trousers looked good on Charlie Chaplin, so why not on other clowns?
confused.gif

Wasn't he a tramp though?
post #29887 of 78722
467

448

263

Coat: Riviera
Shirt: CW
Tie: Henry Carter Neckwear Dark red grenadine 7 fold (coming August)
Trousers: Benjamin
Shoes: Carmina Burgundy derby
post #29888 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Corbera View Post

Fitted jackets and full trousers looked good on Charlie Chaplin, so why not on other clowns?
confused.gif

I am glad you find me as hilarious as I do.
post #29889 of 78722
These are low vamp tassel loafers, and the pants are definitely not baggy, or even full. But I have no defense on the clown front.

A recent fit pic:

260

Proceed with caution.
post #29890 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadbearer View Post

Why did you decide to put flap pockets on this jacket, Vic? Donegal seems to cry out for patch pockets, no?
. . .
This is always true on Styleforum. Elsewhere, it is optional and also depends on the weight of the cloth as some people, tailors in particular, think heavy clothes do not make up well with patch pockets since the patches sit on the outside of the coat and add bulk. I have suggested to tailors that they would be able to get rid of lots of old ideas, outmoded experience and hidebound tradition if only they would only spend more of their apprenticeship learning on the internet instead of the workroom.
post #29891 of 78722
Purple Nurple Wednesday:
beb9fd2e.jpg
bb337d9f.jpg
Kent Wang MTM
Finamore black label
E. Marinella
No name
DC Lewis "Matthew" DubMunx
post #29892 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post

This is always true on Styleforum. Elsewhere, it is optional and also depends on the weight of the cloth as some people, tailors in particular, think heavy clothes do not make up well with patch pockets since the patches sit on the outside of the coat and add bulk. I have suggested to tailors that they would be able to get rid of lots of old ideas, outmoded experience and hidebound tradition if only they would only spend more of their apprenticeship learning on the internet instead of the workroom.

The workaround on StyFo to your observation is that no Donegal is considered heavy cloth on the Internet.
post #29893 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinmyself View Post

this actually is different jacket. i am not keen on "fit" yet. not sure what "well fitting" vs "poor fitting" is. frown.gif

there is a pinned thread, WAYWRN all stars. look at the fits there, it will give you an idea of how clothes should fit. im sure someone could write a lot about it, but i find seeing is the best way. then keep posting, and try to improve upon one critique at a time. (assuming it is a good one)
Quote:
i do have uncommonly big hands. and i would say the chest isnt laying flat due to my 'athletic" build. should i go up a size in jackets?

might help, you may be effed for OTR though. might have to bring all your stuff to a good tailor. styfo isnt cheap you know. smile.gif
post #29894 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinmyself View Post

this actually is different jacket. i am not keen on "fit" yet. not sure what "well fitting" vs "poor fitting" is. frown.gif

The biggest problems of that jacket for me would be the following: very low-cut armholes, shapeless torso, cheap padded shoulders.
post #29895 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post


The biggest problems of that jacket for me would be the following: very low-cut armholes, shapeless torso, cheap padded shoulders.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


there is a pinned thread, WAYWRN all stars. look at the fits there, it will give you an idea of how clothes should fit. im sure someone could write a lot about it, but i find seeing is the best way. then keep posting, and try to improve upon one critique at a time. (assuming it is a good one)
might help, you may be effed for OTR though. might have to bring all your stuff to a good tailor. styfo isnt cheap you know. smile.gif

 

 

I would like to say thank you to you two gentlemen.

I will start my search for a good tailor, any suggestions how to pick a "good" one vs a poor one?

 

thanks again.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III