Curious, what's the hem width on those? They look enormous, like 9.5
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1993
Styleforum Top Pickspost #29882 of 787195/30/12 at 3:33pmpost #29883 of 787195/30/12 at 3:39pmpost #29884 of 787195/30/12 at 3:42pmpost #29885 of 787195/30/12 at 3:45pmQuote:
this actually is different jacket. i am not keen on "fit" yet. not sure what "well fitting" vs "poor fitting" is. :(Quote:
i do have uncommonly big hands. and i would say the chest isnt laying flat due to my 'athletic" build. should i go up a size in jackets?post #29886 of 787195/30/12 at 3:47pmpost #29887 of 787195/30/12 at 3:51pmpost #29888 of 787195/30/12 at 4:04pmpost #29889 of 787195/30/12 at 4:07pmpost #29890 of 787195/30/12 at 4:11pmpost #29891 of 787195/30/12 at 4:21pmpost #29892 of 787195/30/12 at 4:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by dopey
This is always true on Styleforum. Elsewhere, it is optional and also depends on the weight of the cloth as some people, tailors in particular, think heavy clothes do not make up well with patch pockets since the patches sit on the outside of the coat and add bulk. I have suggested to tailors that they would be able to get rid of lots of old ideas, outmoded experience and hidebound tradition if only they would only spend more of their apprenticeship learning on the internet instead of the workroom.
The workaround on StyFo to your observation is that no Donegal is considered heavy cloth on the Internet.post #29893 of 787195/30/12 at 4:42pmQuote:
there is a pinned thread, WAYWRN all stars. look at the fits there, it will give you an idea of how clothes should fit. im sure someone could write a lot about it, but i find seeing is the best way. then keep posting, and try to improve upon one critique at a time. (assuming it is a good one)Quote:i do have uncommonly big hands. and i would say the chest isnt laying flat due to my 'athletic" build. should i go up a size in jackets?
might help, you may be effed for OTR though. might have to bring all your stuff to a good tailor. styfo isnt cheap you know.post #29894 of 787195/30/12 at 4:56pmpost #29895 of 787195/30/12 at 5:08pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by in stitches
there is a pinned thread, WAYWRN all stars. look at the fits there, it will give you an idea of how clothes should fit. im sure someone could write a lot about it, but i find seeing is the best way. then keep posting, and try to improve upon one critique at a time. (assuming it is a good one)
might help, you may be effed for OTR though. might have to bring all your stuff to a good tailor. styfo isnt cheap you know.
I would like to say thank you to you two gentlemen.
I will start my search for a good tailor, any suggestions how to pick a "good" one vs a poor one?
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Friday's Check Challenge 19th June 2015 54 seconds ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 2 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 12th; Checks! 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 2 minutes ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 6 minutes ago
- › Rider Boot Company 7 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 12 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...