Curious, what's the hem width on those? They look enormous, like 9.5
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1993
Styleforum Top Pickspost #29882 of 787235/30/12 at 3:33pmpost #29883 of 787235/30/12 at 3:39pmpost #29884 of 787235/30/12 at 3:42pmpost #29885 of 787235/30/12 at 3:45pmQuote:
this actually is different jacket. i am not keen on "fit" yet. not sure what "well fitting" vs "poor fitting" is. :(Quote:
i do have uncommonly big hands. and i would say the chest isnt laying flat due to my 'athletic" build. should i go up a size in jackets?post #29886 of 787235/30/12 at 3:47pmpost #29887 of 787235/30/12 at 3:51pmpost #29888 of 787235/30/12 at 4:04pmpost #29889 of 787235/30/12 at 4:07pmpost #29890 of 787235/30/12 at 4:11pmpost #29891 of 787235/30/12 at 4:21pmpost #29892 of 787235/30/12 at 4:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by dopey
This is always true on Styleforum. Elsewhere, it is optional and also depends on the weight of the cloth as some people, tailors in particular, think heavy clothes do not make up well with patch pockets since the patches sit on the outside of the coat and add bulk. I have suggested to tailors that they would be able to get rid of lots of old ideas, outmoded experience and hidebound tradition if only they would only spend more of their apprenticeship learning on the internet instead of the workroom.
The workaround on StyFo to your observation is that no Donegal is considered heavy cloth on the Internet.post #29893 of 787235/30/12 at 4:42pmQuote:
there is a pinned thread, WAYWRN all stars. look at the fits there, it will give you an idea of how clothes should fit. im sure someone could write a lot about it, but i find seeing is the best way. then keep posting, and try to improve upon one critique at a time. (assuming it is a good one)Quote:i do have uncommonly big hands. and i would say the chest isnt laying flat due to my 'athletic" build. should i go up a size in jackets?
might help, you may be effed for OTR though. might have to bring all your stuff to a good tailor. styfo isnt cheap you know.post #29894 of 787235/30/12 at 4:56pmpost #29895 of 787235/30/12 at 5:08pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by in stitches
there is a pinned thread, WAYWRN all stars. look at the fits there, it will give you an idea of how clothes should fit. im sure someone could write a lot about it, but i find seeing is the best way. then keep posting, and try to improve upon one critique at a time. (assuming it is a good one)
might help, you may be effed for OTR though. might have to bring all your stuff to a good tailor. styfo isnt cheap you know.
I would like to say thank you to you two gentlemen.
I will start my search for a good tailor, any suggestions how to pick a "good" one vs a poor one?
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 26 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 53 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › FINAL PRICE DROP : NWT RLPL Custom Fit 42R Drop 6 Double Breasted... 3 minutes ago
- › SS13 Balenciaga suit sz 50 BNWT 3 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 4 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Are double monks played out? 5 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)