Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1986  

post #29776 of 78717
Summer essentials.
0ceeb575.jpg
33c807e2.jpg

Isaia linen silk SC
Staple Borrelli shirt
Tom Ford contrast edge PS
Weightless Vanda unlined 7 fold Grenadine "garza fina" tie
J. Crew "Bowery" chino
Carmina chocolate suede cap, Simpson last
post #29777 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

My grandpa at the lake house biggrin.gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
14c577ef_grandpa2.jpeg

This man is swag-tastic. Makes me want to have a cane that I can shake at young whippersnappers.
post #29778 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Summer essentials Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
.
0ceeb575.jpg
33c807e2.jpg
Isaia linen silk SC
Staple Borrelli shirt
Tom Ford contrast edge PS
Weightless Vanda unlined 7 fold Grenadine "garza fina" tie
J. Crew "Bowery" chino
Carmina chocolate suede cap, Simpson last

Hot damn that sportcoat is beautiful and something I am totally looking for frown.gif. Fits beautiful spoo!

This may be blasphemy, and please don't take this the wrong way but...

I don't think the white shirt works here. I think a blue micro gingham or a tattersall in blue would look awesome with this with a knit tie or grenadine that you chose.

Just my 2 cents shog[1].gif
post #29779 of 78717

damn. how convenient, i post after Spoo. baldy[1].gif

post #29780 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinmyself View Post

hi, new to "dressing like a grown-up"
need SF's help.  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
350x575px-LL-9b88fba5_firstsffit.jpeg

Hi welcome to the forum, always brave to post initially.

My humble suggestions as a person who was once in your position.

1)your shirt collar is really small. I would suggest getting ones with wider points (i.e. a semi-spread or spread collar). Brooks brothers sells some (they call it an ainsley collar in their non-irons) and they may be a good place to start. I can't tell if it fits aside from that.
2) Tie could use a dimple, but, that is more personal preference.
3) your sportcoat looks a little wide in the shoulders and pinched at the waist. I would suggest measuring your chest and your waist at the narrowest point. Find out if this is the right size for you. As from what I can tell, it looks wide in the shoulders and tight in the chest. I do like the pattern on the jacket.
4) Pants seem unpressed. I would have crisper line on them and hemmed a bit higher if you are going to wear cotton trousers with a jacket. May I suggest in investing in some dark grey, light grey, and tan wool trousers. That should get you started witth almost any jacket. PRef. in a 4 season fabric.
5) shoes are pretty good, I am not the authority on shoes however.

Good luck in your progress. Welcome to the forum.
post #29781 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citan1145 View Post


I don't think the white shirt works here.
Just my 2 cents shog[1].gif

uhoh.gif
post #29782 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citan1145 View Post


Hi welcome to the forum, always brave to post initially.
My humble suggestions as a person who was once in your position.
1)your shirt collar is really small. I would suggest getting ones with wider points (i.e. a semi-spread or spread collar). Brooks brothers sells some (they call it an ainsley collar in their non-irons) and they may be a good place to start. I can't tell if it fits aside from that.
2) Tie could use a dimple, but, that is more personal preference.
3) your sportcoat looks a little wide in the shoulders and pinched at the waist. I would suggest measuring your chest and your waist at the narrowest point. Find out if this is the right size for you. As from what I can tell, it looks wide in the shoulders and tight in the chest. I do like the pattern on the jacket.
4) Pants seem unpressed. I would have crisper line on them and hemmed a bit higher if you are going to wear cotton trousers with a jacket. May I suggest in investing in some dark grey, light grey, and tan wool trousers. That should get you started witth almost any jacket. PRef. in a 4 season fabric.
5) shoes are pretty good, I am not the authority on shoes however.
Good luck in your progress. Welcome to the forum.

 

 

thank you much for the feed back! i need Spoo to make the video on how to get the dimple in the tie. (i've been creeping these forums for a bit and i remember him joking about that)

I am VERY unfamiliar with "fit", i need to find a decent tailor. 

 

Thank you much for taking the time to give me constructive criticism. 

post #29783 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Summer essentials.
0ceeb575.jpg
33c807e2.jpg
Isaia linen silk SC
Staple Borrelli shirt
Tom Ford contrast edge PS
Weightless Vanda unlined 7 fold Grenadine "garza fina" tie
J. Crew "Bowery" chino
Carmina chocolate suede cap, Simpson last

That sport coat is friggin fantastic. Googling it now.

post #29784 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinmyself View Post

my first fit pic.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
relatively new to "dressing like a grown-up"


asking for SF's help.



350x575px-LL-7b56cde9_firstsffit.jpeg

If you're standing naturally, then the sport coat's front to back balance is way off. It is impossible to fix, unfortunately. You will have to retire this coat.
post #29785 of 78717
Dude, there's no way he's standing naturally.
post #29786 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post


If you're standing naturally, then the sport coat's front to back balance is way off. It is impossible to fix, unfortunately. You will have to retire this coat.

 

 

yeah, i'm not stand naturally, i was holding my arms out to show sleeve length.

post #29787 of 78717
Then he should take a better pic. smile.gif
post #29788 of 78717

you can not make suggestions with just that picture? (i have retired into a bit more comfy clothing for the evening)

post #29789 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant Honey View Post

Googling it now.

Googling Isaia? lol8[1].gif
post #29790 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstyle View Post

Photo377.jpg

What are you doing with the skinny end of the tie? I guess you're trying to get sprezzatura, but it just looks like you've tied the tie improperly.

Also, for your outfit, not wearing socks doesn't work. I think slimmer pants would do a world of difference for you.

I'd also go for difference shoes with this outfit.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III