Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:50 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1937post #29041 of 787185/21/12 at 12:25ampost #29042 of 787185/21/12 at 12:41amThere fixed that for you musicguy.
It looks much better with the second button done and a pocket square.
I think he made a great effort, BUT....
1. lose the button down shirt collar.
2. shirt/jacket sleeves too long
3. trousers too skinny / peg leg
4. get a pocket square
5. button the second button on the jacket (it's 6x2 DB)Quote:Originally Posted by musicguy
Completely disagree. I think it looks great. I also disagree that it's too short.
I don't mind not seeing a pocket square either. I've been wearing them less and less these days. Plus, with your color scheme, I think no pocket square works well.
If I want to be super picky, your shirt cuffs look a bit large.
What is it you completely disagree with musicguy, and who said it was too short anyway. What is 'it' that you talk about, you are not making sense!
This guy needs a PS real bad with this outfit, it being lifeless pale grey monochrome, so a touch of crisp white would liven it up immensely.
This is what others had to say about his lack of Pocket Square musicguy, so you are way off track...
"Looks great. Now just get a pocket square to break it up a little."
"This is great. Really nice look. Maybe add a plain white linen square next time?"
"Man. I wish you has a PS, and slightly less cuff; then, this would go down, as one of my fav looks!"
TBH It seems to me that you were having at least a 'bad hair day' my special, if not outright depression.
If I were you, I think I should be wearing a PS more often. The sight or them may lift or brighten your mood to some extent.
Edited by deandbn - 5/21/12 at 1:47ampost #29043 of 787185/21/12 at 1:02ampost #29044 of 787185/21/12 at 1:37amQuote:
It should only be on single breasted jackets where there is an intentional 'gape' in the skirt that only one button should be done, this is to ensure that your 'package' is on show.
The DB jacket is a much more demure garment and completely covers the front of your trousers or 'crotch' if you like, and therefore should always have all buttons done. ** (see note below)
Look again at the pics Christian. I just fixed it for you too. Incomparable with the original!!
But hey, overall this guys outfit looks very good. Quite dapper to be honest.
Just let me loose on him for 5 minutes and he would be looking a whole lot more 'awesome' as some might say!
Without an equal in quality or extent; matchless.
Unable to be compared; totally different in nature or extent: "censorship still exists, but it's incomparable with what it was".
** Unfortunately, it is always either about sex, or money, or both...
Edited by deandbn - 5/21/12 at 1:54ampost #29045 of 787185/21/12 at 3:25amI like that gray DB jacket either way here, but it definitely needs a white pocket square.
Unrelated question: how do you guys get good quality fit photos when taking the pictures indoors? Anytime I decide to try one, it always looks so washed out and low-quality.post #29046 of 787185/21/12 at 5:27ampost #29047 of 787185/21/12 at 5:40ampost #29048 of 787185/21/12 at 6:17ampost #29049 of 787185/21/12 at 6:44ampost #29050 of 787185/21/12 at 6:56am
To Christian B
I am hoping you would recommend that TKE undo at least 2 of these buttons on his 8X3.
should he just do the middle one like on a 3 piece suit.
It just wouldn't be right to do all of the buttons up, would it?
Just wondering what advice you might have on the matter....post #29051 of 787185/21/12 at 7:04ampost #29052 of 787185/21/12 at 7:04ampost #29053 of 787185/21/12 at 7:07ampost #29054 of 787185/21/12 at 7:12ampost #29055 of 787185/21/12 at 7:13am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
Currently, there are 1365 Active Users (282 Members and 1083 Guests)
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 3 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 5 minutes ago
- › Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart,... 5 minutes ago
- › New without Tags - Naked & Famous Skinny Guy 13oz Indigo Broken... 7 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding