Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:34 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1937post #29041 of 787215/21/12 at 12:25am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #29042 of 787215/21/12 at 12:41amThere fixed that for you musicguy.
It looks much better with the second button done and a pocket square.
I think he made a great effort, BUT....
1. lose the button down shirt collar.
2. shirt/jacket sleeves too long
3. trousers too skinny / peg leg
4. get a pocket square
5. button the second button on the jacket (it's 6x2 DB)Quote:Originally Posted by musicguy
Completely disagree. I think it looks great. I also disagree that it's too short.
I don't mind not seeing a pocket square either. I've been wearing them less and less these days. Plus, with your color scheme, I think no pocket square works well.
If I want to be super picky, your shirt cuffs look a bit large.
What is it you completely disagree with musicguy, and who said it was too short anyway. What is 'it' that you talk about, you are not making sense!
This guy needs a PS real bad with this outfit, it being lifeless pale grey monochrome, so a touch of crisp white would liven it up immensely.
This is what others had to say about his lack of Pocket Square musicguy, so you are way off track...
"Looks great. Now just get a pocket square to break it up a little."
"This is great. Really nice look. Maybe add a plain white linen square next time?"
"Man. I wish you has a PS, and slightly less cuff; then, this would go down, as one of my fav looks!"
TBH It seems to me that you were having at least a 'bad hair day' my special, if not outright depression.
If I were you, I think I should be wearing a PS more often. The sight or them may lift or brighten your mood to some extent.
Edited by deandbn - 5/21/12 at 1:47ampost #29043 of 787215/21/12 at 1:02ampost #29044 of 787215/21/12 at 1:37amQuote:
It should only be on single breasted jackets where there is an intentional 'gape' in the skirt that only one button should be done, this is to ensure that your 'package' is on show.
The DB jacket is a much more demure garment and completely covers the front of your trousers or 'crotch' if you like, and therefore should always have all buttons done. ** (see note below)
Look again at the pics Christian. I just fixed it for you too. Incomparable with the original!!
But hey, overall this guys outfit looks very good. Quite dapper to be honest.
Just let me loose on him for 5 minutes and he would be looking a whole lot more 'awesome' as some might say!
Without an equal in quality or extent; matchless.
Unable to be compared; totally different in nature or extent: "censorship still exists, but it's incomparable with what it was".
** Unfortunately, it is always either about sex, or money, or both...
Edited by deandbn - 5/21/12 at 1:54ampost #29045 of 787215/21/12 at 3:25amI like that gray DB jacket either way here, but it definitely needs a white pocket square.
Unrelated question: how do you guys get good quality fit photos when taking the pictures indoors? Anytime I decide to try one, it always looks so washed out and low-quality.post #29046 of 787215/21/12 at 5:27ampost #29047 of 787215/21/12 at 5:40ampost #29048 of 787215/21/12 at 6:17ampost #29049 of 787215/21/12 at 6:44ampost #29050 of 787215/21/12 at 6:56am
To Christian B
I am hoping you would recommend that TKE undo at least 2 of these buttons on his 8X3.
should he just do the middle one like on a 3 piece suit.
It just wouldn't be right to do all of the buttons up, would it?
Just wondering what advice you might have on the matter....post #29051 of 787215/21/12 at 7:04ampost #29052 of 787215/21/12 at 7:04ampost #29053 of 787215/21/12 at 7:07ampost #29054 of 787215/21/12 at 7:12am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...
Currently, there are 1352 Active Users (332 Members and 1020 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 25 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 28 seconds ago
- › Question about putting shoetrees in dress shoe 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 15 4 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge 4 September 2015: Air Your Linen! 5 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015