Looks very good. Hard to judge the fit though.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:29 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 3:48 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1870
Styleforum Top Pickspost #28037 of 787215/6/12 at 5:10am
At least in this photo the ensemble is not to taste. Less is more. Like in your DB fit above.Quote:Originally Posted by Sir F
Well my outfit for tonight, have a nice weekend you all!
PS: Tom Ford
Shoes: G&Gpost #28038 of 787215/6/12 at 8:33ampost #28039 of 787215/6/12 at 8:59ampost #28040 of 787215/6/12 at 9:26amApropos, recent comments regarding the poster once known as Foo.
This post, for me, still rates as the greatest post on SF ever:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/98968/one-shoe-wardrobe-why-not/840#post_2174476post #28041 of 787215/6/12 at 9:32amThis thread was also legendary.
Standards have slipped a bit since those days.post #28042 of 787215/6/12 at 11:41amGuys, the thumbs up/compliments are much appreciated! Late reply due to a rockin' weekend Not lookin' forward to reality tomorrowQuote:Thanks man, silk blend shantung-ish type thing...can check for you if you want, just pm meQuote:Yeah - I'm gonna see Chan this July, see what we can drum upOriginally Posted by patrickBOOTH
ianGP, I think I have identified the proportion issue with your suits. I think you could use a shorter jacket like I mentioned previously, but also a slightly higher buttoning point. I think this is an issue with a lot of shorter men who get jackets hemmed. It throws off the top/bottom proportions. If you do the Flusser rule where the button point should be in the middle of the floor and the top of your head I think you will see that this is a touch higher.
Not familiar with that Flusser rule care to elaborate?Quote:I was likeOriginally Posted by SpooPoker
I feel like I should contribute something to this thread... but for right now : 1. Great idea for a thread, HF. 2. I hate Hamish. He outbid me for something at Sothebys once while looking me right in the eyes. Fucker. However I did cut him off at the estate sale for a recently deceased NYC socialite whose clothes he was collecting. He was on line ahead of me with a notepad that had certain pieces he wanted to target for his collection, so I beelined right for them and bought them. Carry on.
And thenQuote:Thanks for the compliment! Yeah I had a talk with Despos about trouser balance/drape on bowed legs. I'll bring it up to Chan, I'm sure they've got a fixOriginally Posted by Holdfast
I like the jacket. The shoulders seem more proportinate on you and I like the fairly low buttoning point and wide & bellied lapels. Yes, definitely one of my favourites of the jackets you've posted.
Trousers are always going to be a bit tricky for you b/c I think you're slightly bow-legged, which makes it difficult for them to drape cleanly. But overall, I think I like this suit the best from the ones you've posted. Shirt/tie combo is great for the colour of the suit, as well.post #28043 of 787215/6/12 at 3:52pmpost #28044 of 787215/6/12 at 5:35pmQuote:
Thanks fellas! Upr Crust you're right about the sleeves, they are a little long. But considering this is OTR and completely unaltered, it's nothing short of a miracle it fits as well as it does.post #28045 of 787215/7/12 at 1:11ampost #28046 of 787215/7/12 at 2:52ampost #28047 of 787215/7/12 at 4:15ampost #28048 of 787215/7/12 at 4:50ampost #28049 of 787215/7/12 at 4:52ampost #28050 of 787215/7/12 at 5:02amQuote:
Not a huge fan of the pants/socks/shoes combo. I think at least one of them needs to change, maybe a darker shoe or an entirely different color sock. Although I do like the shoes, just not with the rest of the clothes.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › தேவ் 7073347120 get your love back by vashikaran In Mumbai 8 seconds ago
- › தேவ் 7073347120 vashikaran mantras In Mumbai 13 seconds ago
- › தேவ் 7073347120 mohini vashikaran In Mumbai 19 seconds ago
- › A morning at Horween Leather Company. 39 seconds ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 42 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › shirt shrinkage 1 minute ago
- › தேவ் 7073347120 vashikaran vidya In Mumbai 1 minute ago
- › தேவ் 7073347120 vashikaran specialist In Mumbai 1 minute ago
- › தேவ் 7073347120 vashikaran yantra In Mumbai 2 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan