Looks very good. Hard to judge the fit though.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:09 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1870
Styleforum Top Pickspost #28037 of 787225/6/12 at 5:10am
At least in this photo the ensemble is not to taste. Less is more. Like in your DB fit above.Quote:Originally Posted by Sir F
Well my outfit for tonight, have a nice weekend you all!
PS: Tom Ford
Shoes: G&Gpost #28038 of 787225/6/12 at 8:33ampost #28039 of 787225/6/12 at 8:59ampost #28040 of 787225/6/12 at 9:26amApropos, recent comments regarding the poster once known as Foo.
This post, for me, still rates as the greatest post on SF ever:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/98968/one-shoe-wardrobe-why-not/840#post_2174476post #28041 of 787225/6/12 at 9:32amThis thread was also legendary.
Standards have slipped a bit since those days.post #28042 of 787225/6/12 at 11:41amGuys, the thumbs up/compliments are much appreciated! Late reply due to a rockin' weekend Not lookin' forward to reality tomorrowQuote:Thanks man, silk blend shantung-ish type thing...can check for you if you want, just pm meQuote:Yeah - I'm gonna see Chan this July, see what we can drum upOriginally Posted by patrickBOOTH
ianGP, I think I have identified the proportion issue with your suits. I think you could use a shorter jacket like I mentioned previously, but also a slightly higher buttoning point. I think this is an issue with a lot of shorter men who get jackets hemmed. It throws off the top/bottom proportions. If you do the Flusser rule where the button point should be in the middle of the floor and the top of your head I think you will see that this is a touch higher.
Not familiar with that Flusser rule care to elaborate?Quote:I was likeOriginally Posted by SpooPoker
I feel like I should contribute something to this thread... but for right now : 1. Great idea for a thread, HF. 2. I hate Hamish. He outbid me for something at Sothebys once while looking me right in the eyes. Fucker. However I did cut him off at the estate sale for a recently deceased NYC socialite whose clothes he was collecting. He was on line ahead of me with a notepad that had certain pieces he wanted to target for his collection, so I beelined right for them and bought them. Carry on.
And thenQuote:Thanks for the compliment! Yeah I had a talk with Despos about trouser balance/drape on bowed legs. I'll bring it up to Chan, I'm sure they've got a fixOriginally Posted by Holdfast
I like the jacket. The shoulders seem more proportinate on you and I like the fairly low buttoning point and wide & bellied lapels. Yes, definitely one of my favourites of the jackets you've posted.
Trousers are always going to be a bit tricky for you b/c I think you're slightly bow-legged, which makes it difficult for them to drape cleanly. But overall, I think I like this suit the best from the ones you've posted. Shirt/tie combo is great for the colour of the suit, as well.post #28043 of 787225/6/12 at 3:52pmpost #28044 of 787225/6/12 at 5:35pmQuote:
Thanks fellas! Upr Crust you're right about the sleeves, they are a little long. But considering this is OTR and completely unaltered, it's nothing short of a miracle it fits as well as it does.post #28045 of 787225/7/12 at 1:11ampost #28046 of 787225/7/12 at 2:52ampost #28047 of 787225/7/12 at 4:15ampost #28048 of 787225/7/12 at 4:50ampost #28049 of 787225/7/12 at 4:52ampost #28050 of 787225/7/12 at 5:02amQuote:
Not a huge fan of the pants/socks/shoes combo. I think at least one of them needs to change, maybe a darker shoe or an entirely different color sock. Although I do like the shoes, just not with the rest of the clothes.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › TOJ x TEMPLE OF JAWNZ x JOHN COPPIDGE BLACK MDR 56 XL XXL 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 -... 4 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 7 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...