or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 187  

post #2791 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin White Duke View Post
This isn't doing it for me. Unbutton the top button. Breast pocket seems really high too. Trousers too dark (navy/black?), tie too strange. The elements seem dischordant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTO View Post
Effing A. Nailed it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post
GD nice coat, Mike.
post #2792 of 78723
It does look good. I asked for open round on saturday. He told me nobody asks for that.
post #2793 of 78723
That jacket looks great, Rob.

Mike
post #2794 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post

I like all of this Rob except the shirt/tie combo. Maybe a white TV fold would have done it, or perhaps a more soporific tie to complement the explosive PS.
post #2795 of 78723
Zegna cardigan Zegna shirt NM pant JB socks NM belt Gucci loafers Prada cologne Tiffany watch
post #2796 of 78723
I like that, NYR.

Nice and summery here today so I went for some color. I could use a pair of white bucks.



post #2797 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
I

Digging this steely look - black shoes look great.
post #2798 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post

Jacket is cleeeean - esp the back. You and Frank are dialed in..Looks great. What up with the long tie and escapee PS tho?
post #2799 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by luftvier View Post
[

LUFTY!! Your tailoring is sharp - colorplay, textures et all are spot on - teh gunboatz. I love them but they are killing your otherwise svelte-y approach. They look especially clompy here. I'm a huge fan of longwings, but with the right cut or worn casually with denim...I'd rather see you in a monk/wing/captoe. The suit is great, as was the olive from yesterday or so.
post #2800 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by artoftime View Post
Jacket is cleeeean - esp the back. You and Frank are dialed in..Looks great. What up with the long tie and escapee PS tho?

Would love to call is sprezz, but I didn't notice that my PS needed viagra until after lunch, and well, the tie is too long...no excuses...lol
post #2801 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by luftvier View Post
I like all of this Rob except the shirt/tie combo. Maybe a white TV fold would have done it, or perhaps a more soporific tie to complement the explosive PS.
Actually, I think the tie/PS do a perfect job of keeping the blue SC/grey pants from getting too close to the "security guard look". And ofc ourse the SC fits better than any guard's jacket would.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
I like that, NYR.

Nice and summery here today so I went for some color. I could use a pair of white bucks.




With the absence of KtownGreg I think you have become one of my favorites.
post #2802 of 78723
Thank you very much for your compliments and comments gents. I think the blue shirt may give way to a white linen number, and maybe a dark purple or brown knit tie if I can summon one up! I think the tie and square are too saturated/bright here, one or the other but not both? I was playing around to see what worked with the suit. I love this suit though! -TTO also +1 to everything ArtofTime just said!
post #2803 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by artoftime View Post
LUFTY!! Your tailoring is sharp - colorplay, textures et all are spot on - teh gunboatz. I love them but they are killing your otherwise svelte-y approach. They look especially clompy here. I'm a huge fan of longwings, but with the right cut or worn casually with denim...I'd rather see you in a monk/wing/captoe. The suit is great, as was the olive from yesterday or so.

Thanks.

Gunboats keep it easy - the question each morning is: "Do I wear black, black, burgundy, or brown?" (I am looking to expand to navy soon too). I walk a lot on pavement, and they're frankly quite practical.

The suit's a japanese piece I got off of b/s here sometime back for a song, and I;ve had no tailoring done at all, as it fits me well right OTR.
post #2804 of 78723
First ever WAYWRN pic after 2+ years of being here:



BB Fitzgerald Navy Blazer

MyTailor MTM shirt
(I wouldn't wear a spread collar normally without a tie but I went to a fitting today. Also sorry about the right cuff not showing)

Incotex pants

AE Clifton in Walnut (actual color is lighter)
post #2805 of 78723




First pictures taken outside that actually look decent, though these pics make me look kinda chubby and my jacket sleeves were riding up for some reason. Still, it's much more apparent how this fit looks in person than in my old cameraphone mirror pictures. Feedback is appreciated!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III