Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1841post #27601 of 787214/28/12 at 6:10am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #27602 of 787214/28/12 at 8:21ampost #27603 of 787214/28/12 at 8:35ampost #27604 of 787214/28/12 at 8:46amQuote:
Umm, it's April 28th (my birthday ). Love the cardigan, as you know, since I bought one after seeing yours. Think I'll throw it on when I go out to lunch! It's chilly in the mid-Atlantic as well.post #27605 of 787214/28/12 at 8:59ampost #27606 of 787214/28/12 at 10:26ampost #27607 of 787214/28/12 at 11:08amQuote:Originally Posted by deandbnQuote:Originally Posted by DKSnider
Here's attempt #2 in WAYWRN... a bit disheveled after a day of giving presentations and training seminars. I think everything came together pretty well, if a bit uninspired - though the shoulders are a touch wide and the pants a touch short. Everything is a shade or two darker in the flesh - alas, photography is not one of my skills.
Warning: more pictures (Click to show)
I think a change in posture would make a huge difference to you and your outfit. Stomach in. shoulders back, chest out, chin in.... There you go!!
I would be fascinated to see how much difference stance/posture does make.
Bringing your shoulders back would probably take up the gap in your shoulders, standing str8 would bring your jacket collar against your shirt collar.
Doing a double four in hand tie knot and cinching it tighter would give it a bit more of a boner and bring it to life as well.
DKSnider, how tall are you? I've noticed that many tall people tend to slouch in a subconscious effort to not look so tall... I slouch when I'm around people much shorter than myself.post #27608 of 787214/28/12 at 12:08pmpost #27609 of 787214/28/12 at 12:18pmpost #27610 of 787214/28/12 at 12:45pmpost #27611 of 787214/28/12 at 12:47pmpost #27612 of 787214/28/12 at 12:52pmpost #27613 of 787214/28/12 at 12:53pmpost #27614 of 787214/28/12 at 1:00pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Currently, there are 1289 Active Users (245 Members and 1044 Guests)
- › Zegna Suede Jacket - Question about the Zegna label 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 4 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 4 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 5 minutes ago
- › Things your dumb friends post on facebook 7 minutes ago
- › Shoe Porn: Norvegese, Bentivegna, Goyser, BIG Stitch & BIG Welts ONLY! 8 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 10 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...