Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:39 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1785post #26761 of 787194/13/12 at 9:35am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26762 of 787194/13/12 at 9:45ampost #26763 of 787194/13/12 at 9:52amQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
Messing around with black... I wouldn't typically reach for black shoes with these trousers, but with the black tie and the beard, I think there's enough black in the top half of the look for it to balance out. Thoughts?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
HF, I always enjoy your fits but this one in particular is rather phenomenol. The elements all flow very nicely together. The PS becons to the pants which are counterbalanced and muted by the light jacket and the subtle herringbone pattern. The tie and shirt provide enough movement, texture, and lines to pop against the subdued top. The black shoes work well here because they also lead to a top to bottom balance. Brown would look out of place given the color scheme you choose here. Well done. It is an inspiration for me on how to use light colored jackets with bright trousers. The fit is wonderful as well. Thanks for sharing!post #26764 of 787194/13/12 at 10:06amQuote:
This looks great, the colours work really well together.
Cheers Nickpost #26765 of 787194/13/12 at 10:29ampost #26766 of 787194/13/12 at 10:50ampost #26767 of 787194/13/12 at 10:52ampost #26768 of 787194/13/12 at 11:06amThumbs up (Click to show)Anden
"Two great outfits Erik. The only thing I am not sure about is the red tones of the PS and Tie."
"this is awesome. cap toes are fine."
"Love your style."
"Really good outfits. Nice!!"
"beautiful colors and fit on both efv"
"Like the second picture (more of my taste) but I dont like the shoes with the outfit (to shiny)"
"Both looks are great, esp. the country one w/ the fair isle."
Thank you guys!post #26769 of 787194/13/12 at 11:11am
Any consensus on these shoes? Had them for while now but am wondering if they are too "square toed". I stopped wearing them with suits a long time ago but wondering if I can still get away with them with khakis or do they scream "boy from Bayonne" and need to go.post #26770 of 787194/13/12 at 11:36ampost #26771 of 787194/13/12 at 12:32pmpost #26772 of 787194/13/12 at 12:46pmpost #26773 of 787194/13/12 at 12:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by southernstyle
The tie is red and green and I understand where Kid Nickels is coming from, I just wanted something warm as it was one of the last chilly days we'd have so I tied on some wool. The 2nd picture is probably my favorite of those three, I just picked up that tie today and its tied fine I'm just leaning over. I kinda like my dad jeans
wrong kind of jeans to cuff and wear with sockless loafers imopost #26774 of 787194/13/12 at 1:05pmpost #26775 of 787194/13/12 at 1:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by RoddyMac
Any consensus on these shoes? Had them for while now but am wondering if they are too "square toed". I stopped wearing them with suits a long time ago but wondering if I can still get away with them with khakis or do they scream "boy from Bayonne" and need to go.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Step 1) Build bonfire
Step 2) Throw shoes into said bonfire
Step 3) ???
Step 4) Prosper!
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › The Flat Head - 2 Japanese Selvedge Chambray Workshirts - size 38 / M 31 seconds ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 39 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 49 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 1 minute ago
- › Introduce yourself. 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...