Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:46 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1785post #26761 of 787174/13/12 at 9:35ampost #26762 of 787174/13/12 at 9:45ampost #26763 of 787174/13/12 at 9:52amQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
Messing around with black... I wouldn't typically reach for black shoes with these trousers, but with the black tie and the beard, I think there's enough black in the top half of the look for it to balance out. Thoughts?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
HF, I always enjoy your fits but this one in particular is rather phenomenol. The elements all flow very nicely together. The PS becons to the pants which are counterbalanced and muted by the light jacket and the subtle herringbone pattern. The tie and shirt provide enough movement, texture, and lines to pop against the subdued top. The black shoes work well here because they also lead to a top to bottom balance. Brown would look out of place given the color scheme you choose here. Well done. It is an inspiration for me on how to use light colored jackets with bright trousers. The fit is wonderful as well. Thanks for sharing!post #26764 of 787174/13/12 at 10:06amQuote:
This looks great, the colours work really well together.
Cheers Nickpost #26765 of 787174/13/12 at 10:29ampost #26766 of 787174/13/12 at 10:50ampost #26767 of 787174/13/12 at 10:52ampost #26768 of 787174/13/12 at 11:06amThumbs up (Click to show)Anden
"Two great outfits Erik. The only thing I am not sure about is the red tones of the PS and Tie."
"this is awesome. cap toes are fine."
"Love your style."
"Really good outfits. Nice!!"
"beautiful colors and fit on both efv"
"Like the second picture (more of my taste) but I dont like the shoes with the outfit (to shiny)"
"Both looks are great, esp. the country one w/ the fair isle."
Thank you guys!post #26769 of 787174/13/12 at 11:11am
Any consensus on these shoes? Had them for while now but am wondering if they are too "square toed". I stopped wearing them with suits a long time ago but wondering if I can still get away with them with khakis or do they scream "boy from Bayonne" and need to go.post #26770 of 787174/13/12 at 11:36ampost #26771 of 787174/13/12 at 12:32pmpost #26772 of 787174/13/12 at 12:46pmpost #26773 of 787174/13/12 at 12:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by southernstyle
The tie is red and green and I understand where Kid Nickels is coming from, I just wanted something warm as it was one of the last chilly days we'd have so I tied on some wool. The 2nd picture is probably my favorite of those three, I just picked up that tie today and its tied fine I'm just leaning over. I kinda like my dad jeans
wrong kind of jeans to cuff and wear with sockless loafers imopost #26774 of 787174/13/12 at 1:05pmpost #26775 of 787174/13/12 at 1:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by RoddyMac
Any consensus on these shoes? Had them for while now but am wondering if they are too "square toed". I stopped wearing them with suits a long time ago but wondering if I can still get away with them with khakis or do they scream "boy from Bayonne" and need to go.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Step 1) Build bonfire
Step 2) Throw shoes into said bonfire
Step 3) ???
Step 4) Prosper!
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Cars We Drive! 4 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 21 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 33 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 38 seconds ago
- › Zam Barrett Dialogue/ Zfactorie - Official Affiliate Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 1 minute ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 1 minute ago
- › Pierpont Leather - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 5 minutes ago
- › Roda Linen Scarf by robxznyc
- › Destin Surl Dedo Square Scarf by robxznyc
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...