damn good fit. Ive been trying to fit in more black (darker tones) at the advice of someone. I think youjre 100% correct...with the tie black shoes work great.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 2/18/14 at 2:14am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Le Noeud Papillon
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1785
Styleforum Top Picks
Messing around with black... I wouldn't typically reach for black shoes with these trousers, but with the black tie and the beard, I think there's enough black in the top half of the look for it to balance out. Thoughts?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
HF, I always enjoy your fits but this one in particular is rather phenomenol. The elements all flow very nicely together. The PS becons to the pants which are counterbalanced and muted by the light jacket and the subtle herringbone pattern. The tie and shirt provide enough movement, texture, and lines to pop against the subdued top. The black shoes work well here because they also lead to a top to bottom balance. Brown would look out of place given the color scheme you choose here. Well done. It is an inspiration for me on how to use light colored jackets with bright trousers. The fit is wonderful as well. Thanks for sharing!
This looks great, the colours work really well together.
"Two great outfits Erik. The only thing I am not sure about is the red tones of the PS and Tie."
"this is awesome. cap toes are fine."
"Love your style."
"Really good outfits. Nice!!"
"beautiful colors and fit on both efv"
"Like the second picture (more of my taste) but I dont like the shoes with the outfit (to shiny)"
"Both looks are great, esp. the country one w/ the fair isle."
Thank you guys!
Any consensus on these shoes? Had them for while now but am wondering if they are too "square toed". I stopped wearing them with suits a long time ago but wondering if I can still get away with them with khakis or do they scream "boy from Bayonne" and need to go.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The tie is red and green and I understand where Kid Nickels is coming from, I just wanted something warm as it was one of the last chilly days we'd have so I tied on some wool. The 2nd picture is probably my favorite of those three, I just picked up that tie today and its tied fine I'm just leaning over. I kinda like my dad jeans
wrong kind of jeans to cuff and wear with sockless loafers imo
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › Recent Purchases 6 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 8 seconds ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 18 seconds ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 24 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 48 seconds ago
- › YSL Driving Shoes Size 43 1 minute ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 1 minute ago
- › SELL VISA MASTER CARD PAYPAL 2 minutes ago
- › NWOT Finamore Light Blue Spread Collar Dress Shirt 15.5 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw