Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:15 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1785post #26761 of 787214/13/12 at 9:35am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26762 of 787214/13/12 at 9:45ampost #26763 of 787214/13/12 at 9:52amQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
Messing around with black... I wouldn't typically reach for black shoes with these trousers, but with the black tie and the beard, I think there's enough black in the top half of the look for it to balance out. Thoughts?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
HF, I always enjoy your fits but this one in particular is rather phenomenol. The elements all flow very nicely together. The PS becons to the pants which are counterbalanced and muted by the light jacket and the subtle herringbone pattern. The tie and shirt provide enough movement, texture, and lines to pop against the subdued top. The black shoes work well here because they also lead to a top to bottom balance. Brown would look out of place given the color scheme you choose here. Well done. It is an inspiration for me on how to use light colored jackets with bright trousers. The fit is wonderful as well. Thanks for sharing!post #26764 of 787214/13/12 at 10:06amQuote:
This looks great, the colours work really well together.
Cheers Nickpost #26765 of 787214/13/12 at 10:29ampost #26766 of 787214/13/12 at 10:50ampost #26767 of 787214/13/12 at 10:52ampost #26768 of 787214/13/12 at 11:06amThumbs up (Click to show)Anden
"Two great outfits Erik. The only thing I am not sure about is the red tones of the PS and Tie."
"this is awesome. cap toes are fine."
"Love your style."
"Really good outfits. Nice!!"
"beautiful colors and fit on both efv"
"Like the second picture (more of my taste) but I dont like the shoes with the outfit (to shiny)"
"Both looks are great, esp. the country one w/ the fair isle."
Thank you guys!post #26769 of 787214/13/12 at 11:11am
Any consensus on these shoes? Had them for while now but am wondering if they are too "square toed". I stopped wearing them with suits a long time ago but wondering if I can still get away with them with khakis or do they scream "boy from Bayonne" and need to go.post #26770 of 787214/13/12 at 11:36ampost #26771 of 787214/13/12 at 12:32pmpost #26772 of 787214/13/12 at 12:46pmpost #26773 of 787214/13/12 at 12:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by southernstyle
The tie is red and green and I understand where Kid Nickels is coming from, I just wanted something warm as it was one of the last chilly days we'd have so I tied on some wool. The 2nd picture is probably my favorite of those three, I just picked up that tie today and its tied fine I'm just leaning over. I kinda like my dad jeans
wrong kind of jeans to cuff and wear with sockless loafers imopost #26774 of 787214/13/12 at 1:05pmpost #26775 of 787214/13/12 at 1:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by RoddyMac
Any consensus on these shoes? Had them for while now but am wondering if they are too "square toed". I stopped wearing them with suits a long time ago but wondering if I can still get away with them with khakis or do they scream "boy from Bayonne" and need to go.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Step 1) Build bonfire
Step 2) Throw shoes into said bonfire
Step 3) ???
Step 4) Prosper!
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin... 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 10 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 15 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 19 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 26 minutes ago
- › UNDERCOVER JUN TAKAHASHI 27 minutes ago
- › Santoni Monks with jeans 30 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015