Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:28 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1785post #26761 of 787184/13/12 at 9:35ampost #26762 of 787184/13/12 at 9:45ampost #26763 of 787184/13/12 at 9:52amQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
Messing around with black... I wouldn't typically reach for black shoes with these trousers, but with the black tie and the beard, I think there's enough black in the top half of the look for it to balance out. Thoughts?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
HF, I always enjoy your fits but this one in particular is rather phenomenol. The elements all flow very nicely together. The PS becons to the pants which are counterbalanced and muted by the light jacket and the subtle herringbone pattern. The tie and shirt provide enough movement, texture, and lines to pop against the subdued top. The black shoes work well here because they also lead to a top to bottom balance. Brown would look out of place given the color scheme you choose here. Well done. It is an inspiration for me on how to use light colored jackets with bright trousers. The fit is wonderful as well. Thanks for sharing!post #26764 of 787184/13/12 at 10:06amQuote:
This looks great, the colours work really well together.
Cheers Nickpost #26765 of 787184/13/12 at 10:29ampost #26766 of 787184/13/12 at 10:50ampost #26767 of 787184/13/12 at 10:52ampost #26768 of 787184/13/12 at 11:06amThumbs up (Click to show)Anden
"Two great outfits Erik. The only thing I am not sure about is the red tones of the PS and Tie."
"this is awesome. cap toes are fine."
"Love your style."
"Really good outfits. Nice!!"
"beautiful colors and fit on both efv"
"Like the second picture (more of my taste) but I dont like the shoes with the outfit (to shiny)"
"Both looks are great, esp. the country one w/ the fair isle."
Thank you guys!post #26769 of 787184/13/12 at 11:11am
Any consensus on these shoes? Had them for while now but am wondering if they are too "square toed". I stopped wearing them with suits a long time ago but wondering if I can still get away with them with khakis or do they scream "boy from Bayonne" and need to go.post #26770 of 787184/13/12 at 11:36ampost #26771 of 787184/13/12 at 12:32pmpost #26772 of 787184/13/12 at 12:46pmpost #26773 of 787184/13/12 at 12:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by southernstyle
The tie is red and green and I understand where Kid Nickels is coming from, I just wanted something warm as it was one of the last chilly days we'd have so I tied on some wool. The 2nd picture is probably my favorite of those three, I just picked up that tie today and its tied fine I'm just leaning over. I kinda like my dad jeans
wrong kind of jeans to cuff and wear with sockless loafers imopost #26774 of 787184/13/12 at 1:05pmpost #26775 of 787184/13/12 at 1:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by RoddyMac
Any consensus on these shoes? Had them for while now but am wondering if they are too "square toed". I stopped wearing them with suits a long time ago but wondering if I can still get away with them with khakis or do they scream "boy from Bayonne" and need to go.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Step 1) Build bonfire
Step 2) Throw shoes into said bonfire
Step 3) ???
Step 4) Prosper!
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › The Toronto For Sale Thread 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 5 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 8 minutes ago
- › Uniqlo x Lemaire FW2015 thread 9 minutes ago
- › Suit jacket conversion? 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding