or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1779  

post #26671 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubes41 View Post

Thanks for the welcome.
On the pointy front, I know...
The shoes are an unfortunate side effect of 3 things.
1) Living in Perth, Australia - The square / pointy toe capital of the world. Followed closely by the rest of Australia.
2) All local retailers deciding that the aforementioned shoes should be worn by everyone, so they stock little else.
3) Having a typical aussie foot, a wide size 47 foot.
These shoes were the least pointy I could find sub $300.
I did see some really nice "handcrafted" shoes, but they said they only went to size 9, and were 4 times the price :-/
I would love to buy online, but not knowing what last I should get (as there are no local retailers) has put me off.

Hey tubes... welcome from a fellow Oz denizen.

4x the price? Lemme guess, would it be Parker & Co that you saw those shoes?

I hear the Carmina e-store is pretty reasonably priced (ex VAT of course), in the vicinity of $350 to $500+ for a decent pair of shoes. The problem, as you surmised, is knowing which last fits you.

Do you at least know your UK sizing in a wide-lasted shoe? E.g. the C&J Westfield.
Edited by ColdEyedPugilist - 4/11/12 at 8:44pm
post #26672 of 78724
% and IST, you guys killed it today. %, because you actually spoke. smile.gif
post #26673 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldog/oldtrix View Post

EyYYt.jpg
Look at the shirts on the middle shelf in the photo above. At first blush, it appears that they are neatly folded to make optimal use of the display cabinet. But don't be fooled. It's all a clever ploy to hide the fact that the sleeves are stitched closed and have only faux buttons and button holes.

mwink[1].gif
post #26674 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelton View Post

Why do people wear jeans with a jacket and tie? It just doesn't look good, jeans are for casual wear. Keep it that way!

Ughhh. How fucking boring.
post #26675 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post

and you've got a good Aussie sense of humor smile.gif ... I've been to Perth (lived in Brisbane for a year)... so you're the biggest, farthest away city in the world... understandable that pickens are slim in those parts mate! (btw... I really love your country..great times and memories Down Under) welcome as well.... and maybe you should just make a serious trip to Hong Kong... it's not THAT far. haha!
Hahaha, yeah. I just have to convince the boss to let me off for long enough. Maybe later this year nod[1].gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdEyedPugilist View Post

Hey tubes... welcome from a fellow Oz denizen.
4x the price? Lemme guess, would it be Parker & Co that you saw those shoes?
I hear the Carmina e-store is pretty reasonably priced (ex VAT of course), in the vicinity of $350 to $500+ for a decent pair of shoes. The problem, as you surmised, is knowing which last fits you.
Do you at least know your UK sizing in a wide-lasted shoe? E.g. the C&J Westfield.
You are correct, Parker & Co. Nice belts & cuff links, but quite expensive.
Sorry, don't know about UK sizing :-/
I'm an Aus 12 if that helps.
Edited by tubes41 - 4/12/12 at 12:55am
post #26676 of 78724

Well it seems my last outfit wasn´t to everybody's taste. I will keep wearing my navy blazer with gold buttons paired with denim and tie. 

 

Today will include outdoor activities so I am wearing:

Barbour Beaufort.

Brown merino pullover from Boomerang.

Light blue shirt from The Shirt Factory.

Vintage wool tie. Made in Western Germany...

Levi´s 511.

RL cordovan brogues.

 

 120412.JPGReno.JPG

post #26677 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamMan View Post

Ughhh. How fucking boring.

Surely I'm entitled to an opinion? Its sparked some debate in the thread so I don't see why thats "fucking boring"
post #26678 of 78724
Trying to bring the onset of spring weather by donning bright colors . . .

Suit & Tie - BB
Shirt - New & Lingwood
Cufflinks - Penhaligon's
PS - Alain Figaret
Shoes - Bexley, Paris

IMGP2009560x1280.jpg
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

IMGP2008469x1280.jpg

IMGP2004940x1280.jpg

IMGP2006851x1280.jpg
post #26679 of 78724
Today: Black shirt/khaki pants
Yesterday: Black shirt/khaki pants
The day before that: Black shirt/khaki pants
The day before that: Black shirt/khaki pants
The day before that: Black shirt/khaki pants
The day before that: Black shirt/khaki pants
The day before that: Black shirt/khaki pants
The day before that: Black shirt/khaki pants
The day before that: Black shirt/khaki pants
...

ughh.gif
post #26680 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelton View Post

Why do people wear jeans with a jacket and tie? It just doesn't look good, jeans are for casual wear. Keep it that way!


Boring and wrong. Clearly some jackets and some ties don't work with jeans or other trousers that might originally have been workwear, but with a jacket with enough texture or pattern and a casual knitted tie, and the confidence to carry it off, it can be excellent. It can even work well with smoother jackets and ties (despite what Vox might say), but I am not sure it does here. I can't really see enough of the overall fit to tell though. 

post #26681 of 78724

I think I'll be in the minority here, especially since I mostly post on the other side of the forum, but I think if you're wearing jeans a tie seems so superfluous.  Not that it can't be done, but just like a scarf without a jacket it's very hard to overcome the appearance of what the tie is - an affected accessory.

post #26682 of 78724
thursday....bish Im FABULOUS
c752d42d.jpg

Kiton shirt, and yes, PINK incotex trous. watch is panerai 232
post #26683 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post

Today: Black shirt/khaki pants
Yesterday: Black shirt/khaki pants
The day before that: Black shirt/khaki pants
The day before that: Black shirt/khaki pants
The day before that: Black shirt/khaki pants
The day before that: Black shirt/khaki pants
The day before that: Black shirt/khaki pants
The day before that: Black shirt/khaki pants
The day before that: Black shirt/khaki pants
...
ughh.gif

what about tomorrow? deadhorse-a.gif haha
post #26684 of 78724
TheloniusDrunk
"Can I buy your entire wardrobe from you?"

Sure. Why not? biggrin.gif

black_umbrella
"are those cords? deets?"

It is khaki from Dockers


=======
Today
424
post #26685 of 78724

I must say, though I wear bows frequently, that it looks out of place here.

I would wear a tie here + a PS. A plain wool tie would look great. 

 

a
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappelan View Post

TheloniusDrunk
"Can I buy your entire wardrobe from you?"
Sure. Why not? biggrin.gif
black_umbrella
"are those cords? deets?"
It is khaki from Dockers
=======
Today
424


 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III