Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 2/18/14 at 2:14am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1760
Styleforum Top Picks
Here's a new jacket I just bought with a classic Oxford shirt. I know the jeans aren't great - I am trying to slim down a little before buying new jeans and trousers. What else could i wear this with besides jeans? I was thinking navy cargo's. Not khaki chinos I know that but maybe stone or white chinos? Feedback please
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Not jeans. The shoulder are too strong for that to work and the current outfit looks kinda horrible (regardless of jean selection). also, navy cargo pants? wtf?
I agee. I think also a navy trou or even a dark brown ones would fit with that jacket.
Thanks for the feedback. Initailly bought it with this look in mind:
Grey flannel okay I get that. Navy or dark brown trousers yes - would these be chinos or what sort of trousers - perhaps cord?
Dean shah's fit points to something that you seem to not be able to understand, which is that clothing doesn't have to adhere to a certain set of rules and regulations, like wearing a white tv fold pocket square, or any pocket square for example.
I'm firmly on the MC side of things during the week when I post fits but can still appreciate looks from designers like yohji, dries van noten etc etc. Doesn't mean I'd wear them, but that's not the point. I also really think your post count is at the point where your commentary in this thread should be backed up with some fits of your own, think of it to school the shah's and SW&D guys if you like.
Charly bud, I reckon Shah's stuff would probably look amazing in the street wear thread, but it does not look good in this thread. That is all. So if he would take his fits back where they came from, it would please me a lot.. I googled Georgy Yamamoto and could not find stuff of his own. Seems that he designs adidas sportwear and we all know what that looks like. Dries van noten is a little fashion forward for us I think, andyway i got a pic to show for members benefit.
In answer to your question as to the possibility of me posting on this thread, I think it most unlikely at this point in time. My current body proportions preclude it for one, and so does my age to some extent.I will depend on your own good self as well as other guys with appropriately proportioned bodies to do the honours.in the interim. Lionhart biker would probably also do quite well as a mannequin once he stops defending shah's virginity. Sorry, did I say that. I meant clothing choices!
I wonder what the wider precepts of their relationship are, are they just friends, or friends with benefits. I am sure Lionhart could probably enlighten us with the details should he feel so inclined. Until that happens, we would just have to imagine how sordid it might be.
I am not attacking the shah's personality or personally, I am only trying to convince him that this is the incorrect thread for him and i don't think he will ever find real happiness and long term love for his outfits here. He is a sweet guy and thinks he wears beautifully designed and fitted clothes, just like we all do.
Edited by deandbn - 4/7/12 at 6:03pm
Sheepy's shawl lapels bear but the most passing similarity to the ones Bogart sports in Casablanca. To my eye, they are as different as different can practically be.
I find the notion of reshaping Acrid's lapels quite odd. People seem to have gone a little apeshit crazy in this forum recently concerning the extent to which an existing garment can be, or should be, altered. Lapels, "buttoning points," pockets, hems, sleeve diameters, pants leg "tapering," shoulders: it's like all these things exist only in MS Paint in the imaginary StyleForvm world and one is free to move them around at will.
If you had the eye to restyle something successfully, you would have had the eye not to have bought something ugly or ill-fitting in the first place.
Are you altering something that fits to fit a bit better? That makes sense.
Are you engaging in a restyling of a garment, particularly RTW? This is nuts except in very rare cases. Toss it, and get a new one. If you can pay for a recut done by a real tailor with some chance of succeeding, you can pay for a replacement.
Having an ability to spot ugly or ill-fitting things has little to nothing to do with not knowing that reshaping lapels is such a daring maneuver. Obviously I had enough of an issue with the lapels so as to ask all you fine folks.
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › Best $300-or less Wool Dress Pants for Traveling Consultant? 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread 4 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 20140314: ITALIAN CBD - CLASSICO CON SPREZZATURA 5 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 5 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 7 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw