Bottom of the lapels are no good, but as PB said maybe can be tweaked. The rest is very nice though, especially the shoulder.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:39 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1756
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26327 of 787194/6/12 at 12:13pmpost #26328 of 787194/6/12 at 12:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by acridsheep
Keep it or dump it guys? (If I keep it, I'd obviously have it tweaked [sleeves, potentially waist])Quote:
As much as the jacket seems to fit you reasonably well, I can't get past the lapels - they do not do it for me. I keep imagining the same jacket with peak lapels, and thinking that it would suit you much better.post #26329 of 787194/6/12 at 12:23pmpost #26330 of 787194/6/12 at 12:25pm
What's wrong with pointy shoulder seams? Admittedly it doesn't work at all within the context of whatever those lapels are, but I usually like that kind of seam.
Edit: sorry, 'roping,' my MC vocabulary sucks.
Edited by KingJulien - 4/6/12 at 12:54pmpost #26331 of 787194/6/12 at 12:25pmQuote:
I agree. The back of the coat is always telling. Is the "seat" covered? That is more reliable than using the thumb theory IMO.post #26332 of 787194/6/12 at 12:36pmpost #26333 of 787194/6/12 at 12:36pmpost #26334 of 787194/6/12 at 12:40pmpost #26335 of 787194/6/12 at 1:04pmpost #26336 of 787194/6/12 at 1:37pmpost #26337 of 787194/6/12 at 1:46pmpost #26338 of 787194/6/12 at 1:55pmpost #26339 of 787194/6/12 at 2:13pmQuote:
There is no "wrong" shape per se for roll lapels and nearly every variant can be found, but the one you have mimics the lines of a formal vest. That's why it looks off, like a black formal vest with sleeves.post #26340 of 787194/6/12 at 2:37pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
Currently, there are 1587 Active Users (401 Members and 1186 Guests)
- › The Flat Head - 2 Japanese Selvedge Chambray Workshirts - size 38 / M 31 seconds ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 39 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 49 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 1 minute ago
- › Introduce yourself. 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...