Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1753post #26281 of 787234/5/12 at 5:42pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26282 of 787234/5/12 at 5:45pmSlim or not, it will purely depend on the look you're going for. But I'd agree with Moo, just a bit of a taper wouldn't look bad.
As for the length, I don't really like the ) shape that your pants assume. I'd shorten them a bit so they hang better. Also, I'd ask your tailor to leave less material as he hems them. If he turns up too much material inside the pants, they become more rigid at the bottom and break higher up the leg, instead of at the shoes.post #26283 of 787234/5/12 at 5:54pmpost #26284 of 787234/5/12 at 6:06pmpost #26285 of 787234/5/12 at 6:09pmQuote:
It could be the thighs or hips as well being too tight but overall I think the pants drape well and the pocket thing is very minor. I would do what moo said and maybe hem them about .5-.75 inches higher if you want a cleaner line.post #26286 of 787234/5/12 at 7:16pmpost #26287 of 787234/5/12 at 7:16pmpost #26288 of 787234/5/12 at 7:49pmpost #26289 of 787234/5/12 at 8:07pmpost #26290 of 787234/5/12 at 8:14pmpost #26291 of 787234/5/12 at 8:15pmpost #26292 of 787234/5/12 at 8:24pmpost #26293 of 787234/5/12 at 8:26pmQuote:
It's hard to tell what's going on based on these pics. Try getting someone to take a straight-on pic that's not so angled. But if you have full hips, you don't want too much taper -- it'll make you look like an ice-cream cone. Before taking these in for slimming, especially below the knee, try having them hemmed with a little less break. Or at least have someone pin them up so you can see the effect.post #26294 of 787234/5/12 at 8:26pmpost #26295 of 787234/5/12 at 8:33pm
I was going to apologize for derailing this thread, but judging by the past few pages, I'm too late for that. Anyway, x-posted from the Q&A thread:
I'd like to write a review/blog/article/something about Nick Lopez, a bespoke tailor in Houston. There isn't a lot of information about him, so I thought I'd write something about my experiences with him. I have pictures of the shop, I've talked to Nick about the suit-making process at his shop, and I have first hand experience, so I thought I'd post something on Styleforum.
I could just start a thread, but would that be the best thing to do?
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 5 seconds ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 20 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 33 seconds ago
- › Comme des Garcons Classic Leather Wallet SA2100 56 seconds ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 3 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...