or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1734  

post #25996 of 78722

Thank you for your kind words. Spring was here last week with temperatures around 16 degrees celsius. Now we are back around 0 and cold winds from the north...

I am very happy with today´s ensamble and my decade old Barbour protects from the wind. Brown/orange are my colors so this suits me.

As for autumn/spring I tend to grab more or less the same outfits. At least on grey days.... 

 

A

post #25997 of 78722
457
post #25998 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasphima View Post

457

You look like a very high ranking Volkskammer member celebrating an innerdeutsche Grenze graduation. wink.gif I love the East German peaked "service" caps in the background. It's interesting that the West German peaked "service" caps had a much more authoritative shape and style.
post #25999 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anden View Post

Thank you for your kind words. Spring was here last week with temperatures around 16 degrees celsius. Now we are back around 0 and cold winds from the north...

I am very happy with today´s ensamble and my decade old Barbour protects from the wind. Brown/orange are my colors so this suits me.

As for autumn/spring I tend to grab more or less the same outfits. At least on grey days.... 

 

A

 

That Barbour jacket are you happy with it? I'm thinking about buying the same one. I have few of Barbour liddesdale, but that one looks so good.
 

 

post #26000 of 78722
How anyone could think that pic of the youngun in the hourglass DB is anything more than awful is beyond me.
post #26001 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORE View Post

How anyone could think that pic of the youngun in the hourglass DB is anything more than awful is beyond me.

obama_brush_480x360.jpg
post #26002 of 78722
I think that waist is too pronounced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling Gillette View Post

Thanks for the clarification. I have two jackets made from Breanish tweed myself and the difference in how the shoulders settle down is not that noticeable in comparison to harder finished stuff (some Minnis flannel, too). Are you sure the wadding in the shoulder is the same? It would make sense to use different wadding in the wider shoulder you ordered to prevent the shoulder from collapsing.

I didn't open it up but it feels the same to me, which is what I requested. The Breanish looks much rounder as a combination of the soft stretchy material and the narrower shoulder width (conforming to my shoulder shape - it doesn't hang down, it rests on my shoulder bone)
post #26003 of 78722
Trying to will spring weather into the NYC area by color choices, if nothing else . . .

Suit - BB Regent
Shirt - Lewin
Tie - BB
PS - Alain Figaret
Cufflinks - Thomas Pink
Shoes - AE Seven
Hat - Selentino

IMGP1964574x1280.jpg
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

IMGP1962473x1280.jpg

IMGP1959964x1280.jpg

IMGP1960851x1280.jpg
post #26004 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicguy View Post

clarinetplayer
"Life must be good in the Southern hemisphere!"
It definitely is! St. Matthew's Passion this week. I have to play oboe, oboe d'amore and english horn. 3 long concerts starting tonight, but such a great piece!


Matthäuspassion: Sung in German or "en espanol"? An appropriate question to ask on "Spy Wednesday"! My favorite chorale in the Passion is "O Mensch, bewein dein’ Sünde groß".
post #26005 of 78722
]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibor View Post

obama_brush_480x360.jpg


Tibor, NORE (aka MASE) is right. This cut looks comical on you. Your previous pics here were perfectly fine, you had a look that wasn't popular but suited you and you were comfortable in. This is neither fish nor fawl. The waist looks like you are wearing a corset. That is not a natural looking shape for a man. I am sure in person the suit looks worse and proportions are all off. Unfortunately you have allowed yourself to be led by the ridiculous "make everything slimmer!!!" crowd on here. You dressed fine and all you needed was to get slightly more modern versions of what you were already wearing. Whoever tells you thus looks good or better than your previous looks, you should put them on ignore.
post #26006 of 78722

110% correct. Couldn't agree more.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
Tibor, NORE (aka MASE) is right. This cut looks comical on you. Your previous pics here were perfectly fine, you had a look that wasn't popular but suited you and you were comfortable in. This is neither fish nor fawl. The waist looks like you are wearing a corset. That is not a natural looking shape for a man. I am sure in person the suit looks worse and proportions are all off. Unfortunately you have allowed yourself to be led by the ridiculous "make everything slimmer!!!" crowd on here. You dressed fine and all you needed was to get slightly more modern versions of what you were already wearing. Whoever tells you thus looks good or better than your previous looks, you should put them on ignore.


 

post #26007 of 78722
Not today, but met a few other iGents on vacay for a nice dinner.

DSC_0273.jpgWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
DSC_0268.jpg
DSC_0281-1.jpg
DSC_0304-1.jpg
iGent left - Isaia, Borrelli, Vanda, Corthay
iGent mid - RLPL, Barba, Brioni, Kiton, Carmina
Me - Zegna XXX, Borrelli, Charvet, T&A, RLPL, Carmina
Mrs. Spoo - Chanel down
Mrs. iGent right - Versace
post #26008 of 78722
Forvm members or just iGents?
post #26009 of 78722
Happy humpday.

6898730608_0cdf3efa6f.jpg
post #26010 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Not today, but met a few other iGents on vacay for a nice dinner.
DSC_0273.jpgWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
DSC_0268.jpg
DSC_0281-1.jpg
DSC_0304-1.jpg
iGent left - Isaia, Borrelli, Vanda, Corthay
iGent mid - RLPL, Barba, Brioni, Kiton, Carmina
Me - Zegna XXX, Borrelli, Charvet, T&A, RLPL, Carmina
Mrs. Spoo - Chanel down
Mrs. iGent right - Versace

This is really nice, love it! Are the pants Brioni and are they grey? Sorry for asking what is this iGent event, somthing to do with styleforum?
 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III