Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:23 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 7:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1728post #25906 of 787224/3/12 at 5:00am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #25907 of 787224/3/12 at 5:02ampost #25908 of 787224/3/12 at 5:18ampost #25909 of 787224/3/12 at 5:44ampost #25910 of 787224/3/12 at 5:59am
CEP I really like your stuff, especially the PJ suits, but i have a suggestion, take or leave- leave if the effect u get is the one u really want.
Compare pic of u below with pic of Butch. You present an hourglass, with a tight waist and a 'reverse gorge' at the quarters- lapels and quarters producing an 'X'.
Butch's waist on the other hand is comfortable-looking- the lapel-to-quarter makes a more pleasing 'Y'.
Could u not consider backing off on the waist suppression and avoid the skirt effect that makes some men look hippy? IMO the tight waist may look better in the static pics we see here, but IRL a looser hang to the jacket if anything accentuates a slim torso in motion .
love the Challis BTW.
Quote:post #25911 of 787224/3/12 at 6:33amQuote:Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by BCN Citizen
IMO Yesterday tie was marvelous. From today's outfit I love scarve and, of course, suit. I has always loved Prince of Walles which I consider smart, elegant amb absolutely classic.
P. S. About Thomas Pink I will always remerber an absolutely professional attention at their store. Shop assistant offer me to try several sleeve length and I was surprised with a lot of replacement stiffeners.
Thank you, gentlemen. Today's braces I bought when I bought today's suit, as a light and fairly neutral color, as I knew that I'd have to use braces with this suit (and others from Paul Stuart), as the trousers have no belt loops.
Today's tie I bought in the Pink store in Copley Place, Boston, several years ago.
For the record, yesterday's suit is actually the greyest shade of light brown - something which might not come across accurately, between .jpegs and color monitors.post #25912 of 787224/3/12 at 6:42ampost #25913 of 787224/3/12 at 6:54ampost #25914 of 787224/3/12 at 7:10ampost #25915 of 787224/3/12 at 7:13ampost #25916 of 787224/3/12 at 8:02ampost #25917 of 787224/3/12 at 8:14ampost #25918 of 787224/3/12 at 8:19ampost #25919 of 787224/3/12 at 8:39ampost #25920 of 787224/3/12 at 10:02am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The SW&D Music Appreciation Thread 56 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 15 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 18 minutes ago
- › FS: Wings + Horns 2010 SS Chambray Mountain Parka - Grey - Size SMALL 18 minutes ago
- › Zee's Leatherware & Shoe Co. 19 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 33 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 39 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...