Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:08 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1728post #25906 of 787174/3/12 at 5:00ampost #25907 of 787174/3/12 at 5:02ampost #25908 of 787174/3/12 at 5:18ampost #25909 of 787174/3/12 at 5:44ampost #25910 of 787174/3/12 at 5:59am
CEP I really like your stuff, especially the PJ suits, but i have a suggestion, take or leave- leave if the effect u get is the one u really want.
Compare pic of u below with pic of Butch. You present an hourglass, with a tight waist and a 'reverse gorge' at the quarters- lapels and quarters producing an 'X'.
Butch's waist on the other hand is comfortable-looking- the lapel-to-quarter makes a more pleasing 'Y'.
Could u not consider backing off on the waist suppression and avoid the skirt effect that makes some men look hippy? IMO the tight waist may look better in the static pics we see here, but IRL a looser hang to the jacket if anything accentuates a slim torso in motion .
love the Challis BTW.
Quote:post #25911 of 787174/3/12 at 6:33amQuote:Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by BCN Citizen
IMO Yesterday tie was marvelous. From today's outfit I love scarve and, of course, suit. I has always loved Prince of Walles which I consider smart, elegant amb absolutely classic.
P. S. About Thomas Pink I will always remerber an absolutely professional attention at their store. Shop assistant offer me to try several sleeve length and I was surprised with a lot of replacement stiffeners.
Thank you, gentlemen. Today's braces I bought when I bought today's suit, as a light and fairly neutral color, as I knew that I'd have to use braces with this suit (and others from Paul Stuart), as the trousers have no belt loops.
Today's tie I bought in the Pink store in Copley Place, Boston, several years ago.
For the record, yesterday's suit is actually the greyest shade of light brown - something which might not come across accurately, between .jpegs and color monitors.post #25912 of 787174/3/12 at 6:42ampost #25913 of 787174/3/12 at 6:54ampost #25914 of 787174/3/12 at 7:10ampost #25915 of 787174/3/12 at 7:13ampost #25916 of 787174/3/12 at 8:02ampost #25917 of 787174/3/12 at 8:14ampost #25918 of 787174/3/12 at 8:19ampost #25919 of 787174/3/12 at 8:39ampost #25920 of 787174/3/12 at 10:02am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 52 seconds ago
- › Pictures of nice gloves...? 2 minutes ago
- › TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): Fall-Winter Edition 3 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › 'Posting Up' at the Club / Bar - Let's Discuss 10 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 12 minutes ago
- › WTB: Peir Wu Joggers/Moto Pants (or anything else you have) 15 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 19 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...