Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:37 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1728post #25906 of 787174/3/12 at 5:00ampost #25907 of 787174/3/12 at 5:02ampost #25908 of 787174/3/12 at 5:18ampost #25909 of 787174/3/12 at 5:44ampost #25910 of 787174/3/12 at 5:59am
CEP I really like your stuff, especially the PJ suits, but i have a suggestion, take or leave- leave if the effect u get is the one u really want.
Compare pic of u below with pic of Butch. You present an hourglass, with a tight waist and a 'reverse gorge' at the quarters- lapels and quarters producing an 'X'.
Butch's waist on the other hand is comfortable-looking- the lapel-to-quarter makes a more pleasing 'Y'.
Could u not consider backing off on the waist suppression and avoid the skirt effect that makes some men look hippy? IMO the tight waist may look better in the static pics we see here, but IRL a looser hang to the jacket if anything accentuates a slim torso in motion .
love the Challis BTW.
Quote:post #25911 of 787174/3/12 at 6:33amQuote:Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by BCN Citizen
IMO Yesterday tie was marvelous. From today's outfit I love scarve and, of course, suit. I has always loved Prince of Walles which I consider smart, elegant amb absolutely classic.
P. S. About Thomas Pink I will always remerber an absolutely professional attention at their store. Shop assistant offer me to try several sleeve length and I was surprised with a lot of replacement stiffeners.
Thank you, gentlemen. Today's braces I bought when I bought today's suit, as a light and fairly neutral color, as I knew that I'd have to use braces with this suit (and others from Paul Stuart), as the trousers have no belt loops.
Today's tie I bought in the Pink store in Copley Place, Boston, several years ago.
For the record, yesterday's suit is actually the greyest shade of light brown - something which might not come across accurately, between .jpegs and color monitors.post #25912 of 787174/3/12 at 6:42ampost #25913 of 787174/3/12 at 6:54ampost #25914 of 787174/3/12 at 7:10ampost #25915 of 787174/3/12 at 7:13ampost #25916 of 787174/3/12 at 8:02ampost #25917 of 787174/3/12 at 8:14ampost #25918 of 787174/3/12 at 8:19ampost #25919 of 787174/3/12 at 8:39ampost #25920 of 787174/3/12 at 10:02am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 1 second ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 22 seconds ago
- › What are you reading? 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › NWT SNS Herning Grey Textured Cardigan Size Medium 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 11 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding