Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:56 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:00 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1728post #25906 of 787214/3/12 at 5:00am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #25907 of 787214/3/12 at 5:02ampost #25908 of 787214/3/12 at 5:18ampost #25909 of 787214/3/12 at 5:44ampost #25910 of 787214/3/12 at 5:59am
CEP I really like your stuff, especially the PJ suits, but i have a suggestion, take or leave- leave if the effect u get is the one u really want.
Compare pic of u below with pic of Butch. You present an hourglass, with a tight waist and a 'reverse gorge' at the quarters- lapels and quarters producing an 'X'.
Butch's waist on the other hand is comfortable-looking- the lapel-to-quarter makes a more pleasing 'Y'.
Could u not consider backing off on the waist suppression and avoid the skirt effect that makes some men look hippy? IMO the tight waist may look better in the static pics we see here, but IRL a looser hang to the jacket if anything accentuates a slim torso in motion .
love the Challis BTW.
Quote:post #25911 of 787214/3/12 at 6:33amQuote:Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by BCN Citizen
IMO Yesterday tie was marvelous. From today's outfit I love scarve and, of course, suit. I has always loved Prince of Walles which I consider smart, elegant amb absolutely classic.
P. S. About Thomas Pink I will always remerber an absolutely professional attention at their store. Shop assistant offer me to try several sleeve length and I was surprised with a lot of replacement stiffeners.
Thank you, gentlemen. Today's braces I bought when I bought today's suit, as a light and fairly neutral color, as I knew that I'd have to use braces with this suit (and others from Paul Stuart), as the trousers have no belt loops.
Today's tie I bought in the Pink store in Copley Place, Boston, several years ago.
For the record, yesterday's suit is actually the greyest shade of light brown - something which might not come across accurately, between .jpegs and color monitors.post #25912 of 787214/3/12 at 6:42ampost #25913 of 787214/3/12 at 6:54ampost #25914 of 787214/3/12 at 7:10ampost #25915 of 787214/3/12 at 7:13ampost #25916 of 787214/3/12 at 8:02ampost #25917 of 787214/3/12 at 8:14ampost #25918 of 787214/3/12 at 8:19ampost #25919 of 787214/3/12 at 8:39ampost #25920 of 787214/3/12 at 10:02am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › !!~!!7073347120 love vashikaran In Noida 27 seconds ago
- › ℒℴvℰ ֆɦǟֆɦȶʀɨ ~91~9815951625 love problem solution specialist baba ji 28 seconds ago
- › ||वशीकरण मीनिंग|| +91-8875513486 kAMdeV VashIkARAn MaNTrA In... 31 seconds ago
- › ||वशीकरण मीनिंग|| +91-8875513486 kAMdeV VashIkARAn MaNTrA In... 35 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 46 seconds ago
- › Love Breakup Specialist +91-9680462195 51 seconds ago
- › !!~!!7073347120 vashikaran tilak In Noida 58 seconds ago
- › HSUBAND WIFE PROBLEM SOLUTION BABA JI +91-9680462195 59 seconds ago
- › !!~!!7073347120 vashikaran puja In Noida 1 minute ago
- › ||वशीकरण मीनिंग|| +91-8875513486 kAMdeV VashIkARAn MaNTrA In Noida 1 minute ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan