I don't know why you always have to speak ill of me. Hopefully Moo you will give me an honest opinion without the usual snide remarks when I post the improvements.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/31/12 at 5:14pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 1/30/13 at 10:57pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Edited on 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Edited on 5/31/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Cedarville Store
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1720
Tie measures at 3.5" widest point..... hardly wide isn't it? Maybe because the other end is sticking out to the side giving it that illusion.
Thanks on her compliment
O, most Acerbic of Ovines, I grant you steel balls, and a razor sharp wit, but I rankle at the idea that your charms are Reagan-esque - but that's speaking from the intensely bluish area of a blue state, do forgive me.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
It seems like alot of your suit jackets tend to be too long. and alot of your pants need a good hemming.
...to this, via a tailor nipping from the airmpit on down (please ignore how I'm pulling apart the quarters) is it too much of an adjustment? I am holding about 3 inches of fabric in the back.
Thanks for the feedback.
Further commentary here if you're really bored.
Atlanta is as blue as my woolly homeland of Massachusetts; a concrete slab of multicultural donkey surrounded by a sea of bloodthirsty, rabid elephants.
You look to be approx the same shape as me. I have a tendency to do the same as you, i.e. reach behind on my RTW jackets and if I can grab a handful of cloth from the width at the small of the back it's off to the tailors for some nipping. Watch out that you done nip so much that you end up with the turkey triangle due to too-open quarters, as appears in your second photo. One trick is to button your bottom button when the tailor is pinning your jacket so he can't reduce the width too much, then when he's finished pinning, unbutton it and hey presto, you SHOULD have the right amount ready to be reduced and the right angle of opening in the front quarters without exposing your lower tie blade and belt buckle. Good luck!
Would that mean you'd have to shrink the size of your hats? My gut feel is that the fullness of your hats helps balance the fullness of your pants.
I am glad that my favorite ovine has found congenial (and blue) grazing ground, and I note that we are both scions of the Commonwealth.
Tibor, as someone who spent considerable time and effort having suits re-tailored downward in size (only to soon thereafter donate them to charity), I cannot help but agree with Vox's assessment - your 40's style attire, with alterations, may make you look unhappily like a fullback (in uniform) if it is taken in to more current standards of fit without adjustments to the shoulders. Tread carefully.
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › Pie? Or Cake? A Poll 6 minutes ago
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Run of the Mill Dub Monks US9 7 minutes ago
- › Fly fishing 10 minutes ago
- › Would appreciate some advice for a student on an OPT in my shitty... 13 minutes ago
- › Isaia Coral Lapel Pin by carre567
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › Momotaro 702 (15.7 oz, Deep Indigo) by El Argentino
- › J. Crew Ludlow by collin9338
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Wedding shoes - How do you decide? by hollypowell
- › Cannes Film Festival Trend - Sunglasses by hollypowell
- › David Beckham - Style Icon by hollypowell
- › Style Icon - Brian Trunzo by hollypowell
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw