Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 12/2/13 at 4:49pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1685
Styleforum Top Picks
Long time no post. Got the green jacket about two months back and finally managed to get some pictures the other day:
Replaced the metal buttons with brown horn, and re-cut the pants.
Forrest green "Sidi" (judging by online research, a Mexican brand?) DB jacket.
Blue T&A shirt.
Red/blue/light blue tie.
Light blue plaid PS.
Gray H&M wool pants.
Brown Dockers belt.
Brown Sundial Norwegian shoes.
Comments and suggestions always welcome!
And yes, I know someone will bring up the damn "Master's Green Jacket" by posting this.
I don't think the first pocket square works at all; I think you should burn it! I like the jackets, for the most part (some of those lapels are great!)--as I can hardly see what's going on--but you could tie your tie knots a little better/tighter, I think!
Hey, glad to see you're back! I think, and correct me if I am wrong, anyone with more knowledge than me, the jacket is slightly too tight/short (sleeves are perfect, though!). While the lapels are quite 70s-esque, I like the jacket and the colour. The pocket square works well here, though I'm sure there are other combinations which would work quite well (like red/white, etc.). Like the trousers; not so keen on the shape of the shoe, but an improvement--so, win!
Regarding the pocket square, I'd go with a white linen with a colored border. Light blue? Violet? A navy pin dot would disrupt the clean lines and colors of this very classic look.
I used to have a forest green DB blazer too; every time I posted it here, at least one person posted a comment along those lines. I really miss that blazer though (only got rid of it because it was a bit too big on me). It's a good colour for exactly the kind of look you're wearing (though personally, I find your interpretation a little too snug, short & tapered all round). A bigger problem, though, are the lapels. They really are very eye-catching, which is an unneeded extra distraction when the colour itself is so unusual.
And burn the tie? but....but....I love this tie! I even wore it twice that week!
Nice stuff. The jacket is especially killer. I think the outfit would work better with:
1. Either dark blue denim, or some brown khaki or dark gray wool pants. I think the purple-y color of the pants is what's throwing off the outfit the most, not the PS.
2. The PS coordinate with the rest of the outfit (light blue with shades of gray?).
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › Innovation is Not Accepting the Status Quo 4 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Auction Thread for the Styleforum 2013 Holiday Charity Drive for... 5 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 6 minutes ago
- › Upstate Stock - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 7 minutes ago
- › [Price Drop] Ludwig Reiter Shoes, UK10 (Euro 44), cognac, handmade,... 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 8 minutes ago
- › Thom Browne, John Varvatos, Todd Snyder, Ike Behar, Epaulet, Ratio,... 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by ahilal
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw