or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1649  

post #24721 of 78724

height of fashion

 

post #24722 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

I don't want to walk around in a Borrelli cashmere car coat, Cucinelli peach cashmere sweater and handmade-in-Maine boat shoes on weekends. I used to like that but now find it completely depressing.

I just wanted to note that a bit earlier in the thread, Fuuma stated that Cucinelli is Fuumey-Approved™.
post #24723 of 78724
Just keep the biz-caz stuff out of MC Casual.

Kiss of death, that stuff is.
post #24724 of 78724
I recall something about 'Head of Forum', but I maybe it's just one F shy of

spl96172_002.jpg

confused.gif
post #24725 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_umbrella View Post

or are the pants striped?

Yes

437
post #24726 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

191035b2.jpg
37f9749f.jpg

Y U no post full body shot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

What does HOF stand for? confused.gif

hierarchy of fapping
post #24727 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey View Post

Quote:


I completely agree with this. I wear tailored suits etc., and decent quality coats and ties at work - partly because I like wearing well-made clothes that fit and partly because it's an ironic nod to how professors perhaps used to dress but no longer do in general. Outside of work, I don't really wear this stuff and like you I have no interest in looking like an Italian playboy or the heir to a New England fortune. I tend to wear much more SW&D types of things and I do think of things more in terms of 'fashion' labels I know I like and which work for me: so Epaulet, Naked and Famous, Gitman as well as quite a few bits and piece I have picked up in Japan over the years from Beams, Pal'las Palace, Sou-Sou and so on, plus a sprinkling of J-Crew here and there. Sometimes I do mix these things up a bit and experiment. In the past that has been rather too ecclectic, hipsterish and not really successful (see the crappy SW&D fits I posted when I first found this forum) but I am rather more careful now and have got rid of the hodge-podge of inappropriate adn ill-fitting stuff I had in both MC and SW&D modes that I had just because it seemed like a bargain at the time. I don't have the dedication to fashion that people like Fuuma and Parker do, but I do really appreciate it, and I continue to try to learn from the way that they and people like them, put things together, as much as I do from Vox, Manton, EFV, Barims and others on the MC side.

There is a significant degree to which small, "workwear" or "heritage influenced" brands run parallel to classicly American casual, sports, and "manual labor" wear. This is particularly the case with all the makers and brands...Japanese or otherwise...flowing out of the Japanese obsessive-compulsive workwear American-costume-recreation movement. Chinos are chinos. Plaid shirts are plaid shirts. Shell boots are shell boots. A barn coat is a barn coat. A 501-derived jean is a 501-derived jean. The "fashion labels" that you list...Epaulet, N&F, Gitman, Beams...are not in the same mode as Demeulemeester and Yamamoto.
post #24728 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post

Objectively speaking, there is one look in that bunch that is good. One that might be good or is maybe just ok. And one that is ok. The remaining seven are poor to worse.

Yes. That was sort of the underlying point of my post. I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees why SWD and MC have a hard time with one another.
post #24729 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

Yes. That was sort of the underlying point of my post. I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees why SWD and MC have a hard time with one another.

I think your reasons for cherry-picking these outfits are slightly different. People are tired of mocking you in MC while they're still getting a kick out of it in SWD. You're a tough grizzli with a care bear heart inside, so when you feel sad and lonely the claws come out.
post #24730 of 78724

I think Moo was trolling a little by picking specifically the looks MC wouldn't like.  Honestly, most of stuff in the hall of fame thread would (I think?) be appreciated here, even if many of you wouldn't wear it:

 

hSJMc.jpgngG77.jpge2sL3.jpgledLm.jpgSSxE7.jpgmTOIe.jpgIiK8J.jpgv5YoI.jpgDSC_0432.jpg92072120.jpgclones.jpgsIi9Q.jpg

post #24731 of 78724

Recovering from surgery so I'm stuck at the house. In the spirit of the first day of spring, I'm posting a pic of myself from last year's arrival.

 

3a446726_SAM_0808new.jpeg

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

0f361c6f_SAM_0809closeup.jpeg

 

5f1fbda2_SAM_0812.jpeg

 

4c67acc5_SAM_0813.jpeg

 

post #24732 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

Head of Forum ?

^ This. Certainly not "Hall of Fame" as anyone can post.
post #24733 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

I think your reasons for cherry-picking these outfits are slightly different. People are tired of mocking you in MC while they're still getting a kick out of it in SWD. You're a tough grizzli with a care bear heart inside, so when you feel sad and lonely the claws come out.

I lol'd. I picked these because SWD loved them but I think they're awful to the 10th degree. I don't know most of the posters so your argument is invalid.
post #24734 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJulien View Post

I think Moo was trolling a little by picking specifically the looks MC wouldn't like.  Honestly, most of stuff in the hall of fame thread would (I think?) be appreciated here, even if many of you wouldn't wear it:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
hSJMc.jpgngG77.jpge2sL3.jpgledLm.jpgSSxE7.jpgmTOIe.jpgIiK8J.jpgv5YoI.jpgDSC_0432.jpg92072120.jpgclones.jpgsIi9Q.jpg

cool beans. some nice stuff in there. less outre.
post #24735 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

I lol'd. I picked these because SWD loved them but I think they're awful to the 10th degree. I don't know most of the posters so your argument is invalid.

i also lol'ed. wink.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III