or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1638  

post #24556 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post

Oh, weird that I never ran into him...


ZMPXQ.gif
post #24557 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanxl View Post

my name was being thrown around so i figured id conduct a little experiment to see whats what..
Heres some of my casual fits

you're a little fat for SW&D aren't you sly.gif

I like these fits, can't say that outside of the boots I would really notice you in the streets on NYC. I don't understand the SW&D shoes, these and the RO high top sneakers but other than that, I'd wear this stuff. Something that needs to be taken into account is that you are a good looking dude that is in shape, those same outfits on a 6'1 120 lb SW&Der would look different in the same way that people here look different in suits from an iammatt or vox.
post #24558 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post


you're a little fat for SW&D aren't you sly.gif

I like these fits, can't say that outside of the boots I would really notice you in the streets on NYC. I don't understand the SW&D shoes, these and the RO high top sneakers but other than that, I'd wear this stuff. Something that needs to be taken into account is that you are a good looking dude that is in shape, those same outfits on a 6'1 120 lb SW&Der would look different in the same way that people here look different in suits from an iammatt or vox.

that he doesn't post here anymore is quite telling, I'd say.

snowman is a semi-professional boxer. RO sneakers are garbage, look ugly, poor build quality, but are so aggressively offensive that they can look awesome in a certain context, a grungy look of idontgiveadamn, if you will.

these ann boots are nothing like RO sneakers, I guess your point was that you don't like either which is fine. These are rather bulbous and the wedge sole adds to that effect. Still the leather is quite buttery soft on them, and they're nice for tucking if that's what you aim for.

and I guess the point is not really to put something together that people would notice, NYC or not. He wears this because he can and no he's not some college kid skipping classes to put pics on internet, because it's comfortable for him, because he likes it, and because he, first and foremost, feels it looks good. Not having the perfect fit on the shirt is not really a consideration, it's not a deal breaker. The thing is, there are no real rules. Things just click. The suit UC posted was amazing, and I'm sure would be loved on SWD (well I shared it there anyway, sorry for no ask, but I liked it that much despite not caring for 2 roll 3 or 3 buttons -- personal quirk, I prefer 1, 2 or 4+ buttons, anything involving 3 buttons I don't like) because it works, the fabric looks great, the fit is nice on him, and he looks to be wearing the suit rather than the other way around. Similarly, and here I speak of my own preference by pointing to snow's second fit, the pants (stat-ment, not sure many here or swd would know it) are fantastic, the aggressive taper, the fabrics are perfect, the color is very nice, just blend into the tall boot shafts, and the black belt and boots make a great contrast on the white and grey.

Please note neither of these consist of denim. Despite the name, SWD is not just [japanophiles and their] denim and trashed sneakers. It's become a rather all-encompassing thing where composition, environment, quality of image, and to an extent, the user, all go into a formula for determining what level of praise a contribution will receive. And no, not all that receive massive praise are perfect, and there are some very good fits that are largely ignored. Just the nature of the beast ...
post #24559 of 78724

I feel a lot of people here would understand that, at least those who know about fashion. It´s no news that SW&D is a forum where people embrace fashion and MC doesn´t really pay attention to it. An example of that being the total absence of comments on the recent collections in Milan, Paris and NYC, and how we talked at length about them over at SW&D, including a thread where we also discussed about women´s collections.

post #24560 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobizor View Post

ZMPXQ.gif

I'm sorry, I'll tone down the sarcasm next time to better appeal to your level of intelligence. And while we're at it, maybe you can come up with a real argument for once, instead of (unsuccessfully) trying to ridicule me.
post #24561 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post

that he doesn't post here anymore is quite telling, I'd say.
snowman is a semi-professional boxer. RO sneakers are garbage, look ugly, poor build quality, but are so aggressively offensive that they can look awesome in a certain context, a grungy look of idontgiveadamn, if you will.
these ann boots are nothing like RO sneakers, I guess your point was that you don't like either which is fine. These are rather bulbous and the wedge sole adds to that effect. Still the leather is quite buttery soft on them, and they're nice for tucking if that's what you aim for.
and I guess the point is not really to put something together that people would notice, NYC or not. He wears this because he can and no he's not some college kid skipping classes to put pics on internet, because it's comfortable for him, because he likes it, and because he, first and foremost, feels it looks good. Not having the perfect fit on the shirt is not really a consideration, it's not a deal breaker. The thing is, there are no real rules. Things just click. The suit UC posted was amazing, and I'm sure would be loved on SWD (well I shared it there anyway, sorry for no ask, but I liked it that much despite not caring for 2 roll 3 or 3 buttons -- personal quirk, I prefer 1, 2 or 4+ buttons, anything involving 3 buttons I don't like) because it works, the fabric looks great, the fit is nice on him, and he looks to be wearing the suit rather than the other way around. Similarly, and here I speak of my own preference by pointing to snow's second fit, the pants (stat-ment, not sure many here or swd would know it) are fantastic, the aggressive taper, the fabrics are perfect, the color is very nice, just blend into the tall boot shafts, and the black belt and boots make a great contrast on the white and grey.
Please note neither of these consist of denim. Despite the name, SWD is not just [japanophiles and their] denim and trashed sneakers. It's become a rather all-encompassing thing where composition, environment, quality of image, and to an extent, the user, all go into a formula for determining what level of praise a contribution will receive. And no, not all that receive massive praise are perfect, and there are some very good fits that are largely ignored. Just the nature of the beast ...

you are very verbose.

the "not notice you in NYC" was meant as a compliment, I do not dress to obviously stand out. My comment on the boots (and RO and the other shoes posted in SW&D) was not a comment on quality, just one on aesthetics which is obviously a personal issue. In terms of iammatt and vox, keep in mind what they spend on their wardrobes and how it is acquired. While I think it is harder to pull off SW&D fits, it can be pulled off much cheaper (yes, I know the high prices of alot of the brands there). Look at the Street Etiquette guys, an equivalent of the SE guys in MC would look really bad for the most part. Its hard to make a $300-500 full on MC outfit look very good, not impossible, but very, very hard. Not saying that vox/iammatt only look good because of their budgets, as there is a high degree of taste in both, just that to look similar to that requires money and access to certain people.
post #24562 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post

So, wearing an ill-fitting shirt and buttoning the top button makes it good? If the top button were unbuttoned, I assume you'd just look like a regular guy with an ill-fitting shirt, though. Am I understanding this correctly?

Priceless.
post #24563 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition View Post

Chance of showers today...
900

Superb.
post #24564 of 78724

I don't understand why anyone would tuck their pants into their boots if they're not forced to by AR 670-1 or a similar regulation.

 

These are much more comfortable.

vanguard%202650175.jpg

post #24565 of 78724
does your lack of understanding make it an illegitimate aesthetic to aim for ? probably not...
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post


you are very verbose.

the "not notice you in NYC" was meant as a compliment, I do not dress to obviously stand out. My comment on the boots (and RO and the other shoes posted in SW&D) was not a comment on quality, just one on aesthetics which is obviously a personal issue. In terms of iammatt and vox, keep in mind what they spend on their wardrobes and how it is acquired. While I think it is harder to pull off SW&D fits, it can be pulled off much cheaper (yes, I know the high prices of alot of the brands there). Look at the Street Etiquette guys, an equivalent of the SE guys in MC would look really bad for the most part. Its hard to make a $300-500 full on MC outfit look very good, not impossible, but very, very hard. Not saying that vox/iammatt only look good because of their budgets, as there is a high degree of taste in both, just that to look similar to that requires money and access to certain people.

excuse the verbiage, i get fast fingers of fury after having coffee ... i agree it's easy to make casual fits look good even on the cheap (unfortunately the mc take on casual can be a rape and torment of all senses, for the most part, though an mc casual fit can still look fantastic -- in fact there are a few that do go for exactly that in swd) and it's quite easy to see the distinction in price when going from one side to the other, especially when it comes to footwear collections. there's even a thread on how to do it well with little expense there. ultra $$$ fits are rather rare, perhaps more common in another forum dedicated to darker designers anyway. so 100% agreed on the bolded, and I still think you've all lost a great contributor with hesstillmatt not being active in here anymore.
post #24566 of 78724
Seems to me that SW&D understanding of style and fashion is much closer to a woman's mindset.
post #24567 of 78724
This is a stupid argument. Let them play; let us play. We think they look foolish. They think we look like old men. And the cycle continues…

264
post #24568 of 78724
is it actually. at least it is for me redface.gif

i like to see the new collections each season. while i dont jump on every trend like women (im just assuming here) i can still appreciate them.

edit: fwiw there are a few posters that cross-post on swd that look great!! NOBD, Parker, MOK and Urban to name a few.
post #24569 of 78724
i was going to write a legitimate reply, acecow, but it's become increasingly clear that you're just a bovine troll with no sense of what a style forum is for. i refuse to believe you are in any way representative of MC but just a sad vocal outlier.
post #24570 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post

Seems to me that SW&D understanding of style and fashion is much closer to a woman's mindset.

Careful now, some of those beautiful women at the organ concerts you pine for might now take kindly to sexist remarks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III