or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1628  

post #24406 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by no one View Post

Tie worn too long and other things for you to hate/ignore.

 

Z9Vxs.jpg

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Lt4FE.jpg

 

O0TKD.jpg

 

 

Comments are welcome.


Actually it's pretty cool but I think the matching went little bad. As the tie and the ps. I would wear a plain white pocket square and the tie is to long. And it would be nicer if the shirt was blue and the collar was white. Like the braces ;)

 

post #24407 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliche View Post


Actually it's pretty cool but I think the matching went little bad. As the tie and the ps. I would wear a plain white pocket square and the tie is to long. And it would be nicer if the shirt was blue and the collar was white. Like the braces ;)

 



Thank you.  

 

I like to mismatch colors.  I usually do not do it well.  Today was not an exception.  I almost never wear a white handkerchief with a shirt that has a white body (too "matchy-matchy", as people would say here).  The shirt is the result of an experiment with a white shirt whose cuffs had to be replaced, while a matching white shirting fabric was unavailable.

 

I did acknowledge the tie was long...

post #24408 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by no one View Post

I like to mismatch colors.  I usually do not do it well.

That's damn near sig-worthy.
post #24409 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirailleur1 View Post

I wear ties casually too

I don't even wear a tie to semi-formal stuff, much less on a Saturday afternoon.

To each his own, I guess.
post #24410 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by no one View Post

Tie worn too long and other things for you to hate/ignore.

275x700px-LL-687c2392_Z9Vxs.jpeg Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

350x263px-LL-67762786_Lt4FE.jpeg

350x263px-LL-cacf0c70_O0TKD.jpeg

Comments are welcome.

Reminds me of FNB.
post #24411 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by no one View Post

Tie worn too long and other things for you to hate/ignore. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Comments are welcome.

Suit looks like it fits well and the square is perfectly fine on its own, but definitely not with the rest of the ensemble. The shirt is not good and the suspenders would only work if you're going for a sort of Orville Redenbacher vibe. The overall effect is not awesome.

A simple white shirt (no contrast collar), a dark tie and a white square would turn this around completely.
post #24412 of 78724
Quicky pics leaving town at the crack of dawn frown.gif I was never a morning person

03-16-12002.jpgWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
03-16-12007.jpg
03-16-12010.jpg
Suit: Chester Barrie
Shirt: Tom Ford
Tie: Barba 7fold
PS: Tom Ford
Shoes: Bruno Magli
Bag: Hugo Boss

oh yeah, hair on the carpet is from my chow/retriever mix satisfied.gif
post #24413 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post


Reminds me of FNB.


Suckcess!  I am honored.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by acridsheep View Post


Suit looks like it fits well and the square is perfectly fine on its own, but definitely not with the rest of the ensemble. The shirt is not good and the suspenders would only work if you're going for a sort of Orville Redenbacher vibe. The overall effect is not awesome.
A simple white shirt (no contrast collar), a dark tie and a white square would turn this around completely.


As I stated, no white handkerchief with a white-bodied shirt.  End of story.  I am a foo.gif on that matter.

 

Alexander Kabbaz-Kelly would agree with you regarding the shirt, but there was not much I could do to save it.  Oh well...

 

The tie is a rather deep burgundy, yet the colour is washed out in the photograph.  I do not believe the tie is the problem in this outfit.  I also think something darker would not look good.  To each his own.

 

I thought Thurston braces were Styleforum-approved.  What is wrong with them?

post #24414 of 78724
Very sad that this is likely the last time I can wear my favorite flannel suit for the season. Hopefully I sent it out with a bang. Have a happy St. Patricks day folks and a lovely weekend.

6844470326_5deaae0515.jpg


6990594873_91e5187928.jpg
post #24415 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianGP View Post

Quicky pics leaving town at the crack of dawn frown.gif I was never a morning person
03-16-12002.jpgWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
03-16-12007.jpg
03-16-12010.jpg
Suit: Chester Barrie
Shirt: Tom Ford
Tie: Barba 7fold
PS: Tom Ford
Shoes: Bruno Magli
Bag: Hugo Boss
oh yeah, hair on the carpet is from my chow/retriever mix satisfied.gif

I have a chow/retriever mix as well. They are very good dogs. Oh, and awesome outfit!
post #24416 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by no one View Post

The shirt is the result of an experiment with a white shirt whose cuffs had to be replaced, while a matching white shirting fabric was unavailable.

Did you consult iroh's blog?
post #24417 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianGP View Post

Quicky pics leaving town at the crack of dawn frown.gif I was never a morning person
03-16-12002.jpgWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
03-16-12007.jpg
03-16-12010.jpg
Suit: Chester Barrie
Shirt: Tom Ford
Tie: Barba 7fold
PS: Tom Ford
Shoes: Bruno Magli
Bag: Hugo Boss
oh yeah, hair on the carpet is from my chow/retriever mix satisfied.gif


Do you always carry your little doggie around in that bag?
post #24418 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

mcdlz4.jpg
Moo, I always enjoy seeing your dog.
post #24419 of 78724
466
post #24420 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctp120 View Post


Did you consult iroh's blog?


No.  I assure you that, if there was anything I could have done, I would have done it.  The cuffs had some major issues.  My shirtmaker also admitted they had to go.  I believed him.

 

Worry not, forum people.  The shirt, as well as the rest of the outfit, never left my house.  No, I did not wear it just to take photographs.  That would have been worrying.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III