or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1566  

post #23476 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post

How tall am i?
And how tall should one be to wear 2" cuffs?

I'd say, 6' or over; I don't think you are, correct me if I'm wrong. I mean, by all means, wear things the way you want; I was just nitpicking.
post #23477 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinshow View Post

hi, i am kevin and live in japan, nice to meet u
640

Achillus? confused.gif
post #23478 of 78722

[quote name="kevinshow" url="/t/234255/hof-what-are-you-wearing-right-now-part-iii/23640_30#post_5251317"]live in japan[/quote]

[quote name="UrbanComposition" url="/t/234255/hof-what-are-you-wearing-right-now-part-iii/23640_30#post_5252160"] Achillus? :confused:[/quote]

 

We wish.

 

(Wtf is this Rich Editor intervening?)

post #23479 of 78722

 

 

20120302_111751.jpg

 

Love this topcoat.  Cashmere/wool blend, feels like a dream.  Sleeves may need to come out a teeeeeeensy bit, admittedly.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

20120302_111904.jpg

20120302_111935.jpg

 

20120302_111950.jpg

 

 

 

 

post #23480 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinshow View Post

hi, i am kevin and live in japan, nice to meet u
640


Hello Kevin. I have been in Japan, love it there! Anyways looks pretty cool, but the picture is not that great and detail pictures as shoes, tie and so on would be great!

post #23481 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post

I'd say, 6' or over; I don't think you are, correct me if I'm wrong. I mean, by all means, wear things the way you want; I was just nitpicking.

and i am 6'1"
...

but i know i don't look as tall as i am
i get it all the time and i've figured out why ... because i do not have long legs for my height
which is partly why i get slightly shorter suit jackets ... as that makes the legs look longer (by making the torso look shorter)

which is also why i shied away from the 2" cuffs and settled for 1 3/4"
since that could make my legs look shorter again, counterbalancing the shorter jacket
i got 1.5" on my last suit and it was not enough
i am happy with the 1.75" cuffs now
post #23482 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post

and i am 6'1"
...
but i know i don't look as tall as i am
i get it all the time and i've figured out why ... because i do not have long legs for my height
which is partly why i get slightly shorter suit jackets ... as that makes the legs look longer (by making the torso look shorter)
which is also why i shied away from the 2" cuffs and settled for 1 3/4"
since that could make my legs look shorter again, counterbalancing the shorter jacket
i got 1.5" on my last suit and it was not enough
i am happy with the 1.75" cuffs now
I know how you feel. I'm six two and people I've known for years think I'm five nine..
post #23483 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam O View Post

I know how you feel. I'm six two and people I've known for years think I'm five nine..

yea you definitely don't look your height either
but then again, i'm too distracted by your serial killer stare to notice much else peepwall[1].gif

i always get the double take when i stand next to someone
"oh, i didn't know you were this tall"
post #23484 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam O View Post

I know how you feel. I'm six two and people I've known for years think I'm five nine..

I saw Romeo in real life and he looks tall.

Regarding your new suit, I like the fit a lot, but not so much how short it is and how high the button stance is.
post #23485 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition View Post

Achillus? confused.gif

No, missing Weeble-bodonkadonk.
post #23486 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post

I saw Romeo in real life and he looks tall.
Regarding your new suit, I like the fit a lot, but not so much how short it is and how high the button stance is.

would a L length jacket lower the button stance a bit? or is it only going to be longer at the bottom while keeping the button position the same?
post #23487 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post

would a L length jacket lower the button stance a bit? or is it only going to be longer at the bottom while keeping the button position the same?

The newer milanos seem to have a lower buttoning stance (see mine from this tuesday, it is by no means low, but lower than yours I think). That being said, I think you the body type to pull it off no problem. A long may help with those balance issues though. I will try one myself in the future and see if it helps at all. The length on a R is 29 from BOC, maybe a L would be 30 or 30.5?
post #23488 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post

would a L length jacket lower the button stance a bit? or is it only going to be longer at the bottom while keeping the button position the same?

I don't know about that. I'd think that R-to-L affects both the button stance and the length, but I just don't know.
post #23489 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinshow View Post

hi, i am kevin and live in japan, nice to meet u

640



Pretty cool, in that skin-tight and flashy Japanese way.

 

post #23490 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDHagg View Post




Pretty cool, in that skin-tight and flashy Japanese way.

Is that the tail of the tie extending 3.5 inches past the tip?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III