I was in music school too, so I can usually tell the type and cut 'em some slack. Trust me.. these folks didn't just get done practicing their etudes!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:16 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1552post #23266 of 787212/28/12 at 8:04pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #23267 of 787212/28/12 at 8:11pm
Sorry for the shitty pics. I haven't yet reached the point where I'm self-absorbed enough to get a tripod/other means of taking good pictures. Soon enough I'm sure.
This was my first time ever wearing a pocket square, and the one - and only - pocket square I own (thanks Spoo!). I tried. REALLY TRIED not to "match too close", but every other tie I could come up with was either ridiculously boring (blue), or just plain ridiculous (red/purple/pink). I tried. I have more pocket squares en route soon, so I'll give it another shot eventually.post #23268 of 787212/28/12 at 8:12pmpost #23269 of 787212/28/12 at 8:17pmpost #23270 of 787212/28/12 at 8:23pmpost #23271 of 787212/28/12 at 8:23pmQuote:
My father gave it to me after hearing me complain about not being able to find something similar for under $500. It has no make-tag, but it's pretty damn old.post #23272 of 787212/28/12 at 8:23pmpost #23273 of 787212/28/12 at 8:45pmQuote:
I forgot all about the thin red line. I wonder why they stopped stocking AS shoes? Seemed to me that they had quite a good thing going on there.post #23274 of 787212/28/12 at 8:54pmpost #23275 of 787212/28/12 at 8:56pmpost #23276 of 787212/28/12 at 9:03pmpost #23277 of 787212/28/12 at 11:43pmQuote:Really? Based on how the majority of people dress I'm surprised anyone knows what clothing is. I guess in the US it really depends on where you live but I usually just figure I'll be WAY more nicely dressed than anyone else... even at "events" such as the symphony or art museum show openings I see guys wearing what you mentioned. Women at least make an effort but I feel sorry for them when they're dragging around some droopy pantsed dude who's idea of looking nice is putting on jeans, a North Face fleece and NOT wearing his baseball cap.
I've made a game of this, particularly in airports.... more fun in international airports such as Hong Kong. Try to pick out nationalities of two or more people together (families are even better because you get the added fun of generational influence) based on clothing. Having your iPod on will keep you from cheating (hearing them speak). Invariably, Americans are the most poorly dressed in these situations... nothing like a morbidly obese Mom and Dad in sweatpants toting along their soon to be diabetes afflicted, Croc-wearing brood of little snots!
Where I live, most people try to "dress up," in some way, shape, or form, for things like operas and symphony performances. The old guys put on ill-fitting suits, the young guys put on every designer label that's supposed to make you cool (everything from suits to jeans), and only a handful of guys look stylish. The young guys tend to do it better, even when wearing jeans, because they seem to be on top of style trends and whatnot. And the ladies always look better than the guys.
Just my observations.Quote:Originally Posted by Citan1145
Happy tuesday gentleman. Two new things, outdoor shots (yey lighting!) and a new tie as well. Hopefully this one is a bit more well received shall we say. FWIW the tie is more golden than yellow, the sun made it a little brighter.
P.s. For those asking me about adding pocketsquares. I just ordered some. However, I would love your input on what "basics" to get. I ordered a white linen and navy pindot.
Have a good day gentlemen.
White linen squares with colored edges are always good choices; also, I have found that my collection of silk squares, in various solid colors, is pretty versatile.
post #23278 of 787212/29/12 at 12:12ampost #23279 of 787212/29/12 at 1:54am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Zegna cloth, but who made the suit? 16 seconds ago
- › Shirt Fitting Opinions 34 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 45 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › New & Lingwood - Loose Buttons 2 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...