I was in music school too, so I can usually tell the type and cut 'em some slack. Trust me.. these folks didn't just get done practicing their etudes!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:44 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1552post #23266 of 787192/28/12 at 8:04pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #23267 of 787192/28/12 at 8:11pm
Sorry for the shitty pics. I haven't yet reached the point where I'm self-absorbed enough to get a tripod/other means of taking good pictures. Soon enough I'm sure.
This was my first time ever wearing a pocket square, and the one - and only - pocket square I own (thanks Spoo!). I tried. REALLY TRIED not to "match too close", but every other tie I could come up with was either ridiculously boring (blue), or just plain ridiculous (red/purple/pink). I tried. I have more pocket squares en route soon, so I'll give it another shot eventually.post #23268 of 787192/28/12 at 8:12pmpost #23269 of 787192/28/12 at 8:17pmpost #23270 of 787192/28/12 at 8:23pmpost #23271 of 787192/28/12 at 8:23pmQuote:
My father gave it to me after hearing me complain about not being able to find something similar for under $500. It has no make-tag, but it's pretty damn old.post #23272 of 787192/28/12 at 8:23pmpost #23273 of 787192/28/12 at 8:45pmQuote:
I forgot all about the thin red line. I wonder why they stopped stocking AS shoes? Seemed to me that they had quite a good thing going on there.post #23274 of 787192/28/12 at 8:54pmpost #23275 of 787192/28/12 at 8:56pmpost #23276 of 787192/28/12 at 9:03pmpost #23277 of 787192/28/12 at 11:43pmQuote:Really? Based on how the majority of people dress I'm surprised anyone knows what clothing is. I guess in the US it really depends on where you live but I usually just figure I'll be WAY more nicely dressed than anyone else... even at "events" such as the symphony or art museum show openings I see guys wearing what you mentioned. Women at least make an effort but I feel sorry for them when they're dragging around some droopy pantsed dude who's idea of looking nice is putting on jeans, a North Face fleece and NOT wearing his baseball cap.
I've made a game of this, particularly in airports.... more fun in international airports such as Hong Kong. Try to pick out nationalities of two or more people together (families are even better because you get the added fun of generational influence) based on clothing. Having your iPod on will keep you from cheating (hearing them speak). Invariably, Americans are the most poorly dressed in these situations... nothing like a morbidly obese Mom and Dad in sweatpants toting along their soon to be diabetes afflicted, Croc-wearing brood of little snots!
Where I live, most people try to "dress up," in some way, shape, or form, for things like operas and symphony performances. The old guys put on ill-fitting suits, the young guys put on every designer label that's supposed to make you cool (everything from suits to jeans), and only a handful of guys look stylish. The young guys tend to do it better, even when wearing jeans, because they seem to be on top of style trends and whatnot. And the ladies always look better than the guys.
Just my observations.Quote:Originally Posted by Citan1145
Happy tuesday gentleman. Two new things, outdoor shots (yey lighting!) and a new tie as well. Hopefully this one is a bit more well received shall we say. FWIW the tie is more golden than yellow, the sun made it a little brighter.
P.s. For those asking me about adding pocketsquares. I just ordered some. However, I would love your input on what "basics" to get. I ordered a white linen and navy pindot.
Have a good day gentlemen.
White linen squares with colored edges are always good choices; also, I have found that my collection of silk squares, in various solid colors, is pretty versatile.
post #23278 of 787192/29/12 at 12:12ampost #23279 of 787192/29/12 at 1:54am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 6 minutes ago
- › NIB Crockett & Jones Brown Wingtips & Ferragamo Tramezza Norwegian... 10 minutes ago
- › Can you guys tell me if these balmain jeans are fake? 11 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 17 minutes ago
- › Any other Edmontonians here? 21 minutes ago
- › W. Bill Green Linen Custom Run 23 minutes ago
- › What's the deal with "sleek" shoes? 25 minutes ago
- › NWT Suits from RLBL & Brooks Brothers 1818 - Sizes 44L & 46L 28 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 28 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...