I was in music school too, so I can usually tell the type and cut 'em some slack. Trust me.. these folks didn't just get done practicing their etudes!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:54 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 9:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1552post #23266 of 787222/28/12 at 8:04pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #23267 of 787222/28/12 at 8:11pm
Sorry for the shitty pics. I haven't yet reached the point where I'm self-absorbed enough to get a tripod/other means of taking good pictures. Soon enough I'm sure.
This was my first time ever wearing a pocket square, and the one - and only - pocket square I own (thanks Spoo!). I tried. REALLY TRIED not to "match too close", but every other tie I could come up with was either ridiculously boring (blue), or just plain ridiculous (red/purple/pink). I tried. I have more pocket squares en route soon, so I'll give it another shot eventually.post #23268 of 787222/28/12 at 8:12pmpost #23269 of 787222/28/12 at 8:17pmpost #23270 of 787222/28/12 at 8:23pmpost #23271 of 787222/28/12 at 8:23pmQuote:
My father gave it to me after hearing me complain about not being able to find something similar for under $500. It has no make-tag, but it's pretty damn old.post #23272 of 787222/28/12 at 8:23pmpost #23273 of 787222/28/12 at 8:45pmQuote:
I forgot all about the thin red line. I wonder why they stopped stocking AS shoes? Seemed to me that they had quite a good thing going on there.post #23274 of 787222/28/12 at 8:54pmpost #23275 of 787222/28/12 at 8:56pmpost #23276 of 787222/28/12 at 9:03pmpost #23277 of 787222/28/12 at 11:43pmQuote:Really? Based on how the majority of people dress I'm surprised anyone knows what clothing is. I guess in the US it really depends on where you live but I usually just figure I'll be WAY more nicely dressed than anyone else... even at "events" such as the symphony or art museum show openings I see guys wearing what you mentioned. Women at least make an effort but I feel sorry for them when they're dragging around some droopy pantsed dude who's idea of looking nice is putting on jeans, a North Face fleece and NOT wearing his baseball cap.
I've made a game of this, particularly in airports.... more fun in international airports such as Hong Kong. Try to pick out nationalities of two or more people together (families are even better because you get the added fun of generational influence) based on clothing. Having your iPod on will keep you from cheating (hearing them speak). Invariably, Americans are the most poorly dressed in these situations... nothing like a morbidly obese Mom and Dad in sweatpants toting along their soon to be diabetes afflicted, Croc-wearing brood of little snots!
Where I live, most people try to "dress up," in some way, shape, or form, for things like operas and symphony performances. The old guys put on ill-fitting suits, the young guys put on every designer label that's supposed to make you cool (everything from suits to jeans), and only a handful of guys look stylish. The young guys tend to do it better, even when wearing jeans, because they seem to be on top of style trends and whatnot. And the ladies always look better than the guys.
Just my observations.Quote:Originally Posted by Citan1145
Happy tuesday gentleman. Two new things, outdoor shots (yey lighting!) and a new tie as well. Hopefully this one is a bit more well received shall we say. FWIW the tie is more golden than yellow, the sun made it a little brighter.
P.s. For those asking me about adding pocketsquares. I just ordered some. However, I would love your input on what "basics" to get. I ordered a white linen and navy pindot.
Have a good day gentlemen.
White linen squares with colored edges are always good choices; also, I have found that my collection of silk squares, in various solid colors, is pretty versatile.
post #23278 of 787222/29/12 at 12:12ampost #23279 of 787222/29/12 at 1:54am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 4 minutes ago
- › Three-Piece Tuxedo Suggestion 6 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 7 minutes ago
- › Downtown vs. Uptown 9 minutes ago
- › 2015 50 Book Challenge 9 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Carmina Sizing Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Confused with forest last 15 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...