I was in music school too, so I can usually tell the type and cut 'em some slack. Trust me.. these folks didn't just get done practicing their etudes!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1552post #23266 of 787232/28/12 at 8:04pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #23267 of 787232/28/12 at 8:11pm
Sorry for the shitty pics. I haven't yet reached the point where I'm self-absorbed enough to get a tripod/other means of taking good pictures. Soon enough I'm sure.
This was my first time ever wearing a pocket square, and the one - and only - pocket square I own (thanks Spoo!). I tried. REALLY TRIED not to "match too close", but every other tie I could come up with was either ridiculously boring (blue), or just plain ridiculous (red/purple/pink). I tried. I have more pocket squares en route soon, so I'll give it another shot eventually.post #23268 of 787232/28/12 at 8:12pmpost #23269 of 787232/28/12 at 8:17pmpost #23270 of 787232/28/12 at 8:23pmpost #23271 of 787232/28/12 at 8:23pmQuote:
My father gave it to me after hearing me complain about not being able to find something similar for under $500. It has no make-tag, but it's pretty damn old.post #23272 of 787232/28/12 at 8:23pmpost #23273 of 787232/28/12 at 8:45pmQuote:
I forgot all about the thin red line. I wonder why they stopped stocking AS shoes? Seemed to me that they had quite a good thing going on there.post #23274 of 787232/28/12 at 8:54pmpost #23275 of 787232/28/12 at 8:56pmpost #23276 of 787232/28/12 at 9:03pmpost #23277 of 787232/28/12 at 11:43pmQuote:Really? Based on how the majority of people dress I'm surprised anyone knows what clothing is. I guess in the US it really depends on where you live but I usually just figure I'll be WAY more nicely dressed than anyone else... even at "events" such as the symphony or art museum show openings I see guys wearing what you mentioned. Women at least make an effort but I feel sorry for them when they're dragging around some droopy pantsed dude who's idea of looking nice is putting on jeans, a North Face fleece and NOT wearing his baseball cap.
I've made a game of this, particularly in airports.... more fun in international airports such as Hong Kong. Try to pick out nationalities of two or more people together (families are even better because you get the added fun of generational influence) based on clothing. Having your iPod on will keep you from cheating (hearing them speak). Invariably, Americans are the most poorly dressed in these situations... nothing like a morbidly obese Mom and Dad in sweatpants toting along their soon to be diabetes afflicted, Croc-wearing brood of little snots!
Where I live, most people try to "dress up," in some way, shape, or form, for things like operas and symphony performances. The old guys put on ill-fitting suits, the young guys put on every designer label that's supposed to make you cool (everything from suits to jeans), and only a handful of guys look stylish. The young guys tend to do it better, even when wearing jeans, because they seem to be on top of style trends and whatnot. And the ladies always look better than the guys.
Just my observations.Quote:Originally Posted by Citan1145
Happy tuesday gentleman. Two new things, outdoor shots (yey lighting!) and a new tie as well. Hopefully this one is a bit more well received shall we say. FWIW the tie is more golden than yellow, the sun made it a little brighter.
P.s. For those asking me about adding pocketsquares. I just ordered some. However, I would love your input on what "basics" to get. I ordered a white linen and navy pindot.
Have a good day gentlemen.
White linen squares with colored edges are always good choices; also, I have found that my collection of silk squares, in various solid colors, is pretty versatile.
post #23278 of 787232/29/12 at 12:12ampost #23279 of 787232/29/12 at 1:54am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › MC General Chat 33 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Old Fashioned Bump!!! Consolidated Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin 4 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 9 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 9 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 11 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 11 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)