Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:58 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: Yesterday
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1492post #22366 of 787212/13/12 at 10:35am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #22367 of 787212/13/12 at 11:11amQuote:
Nice one, Vic!Quote:Originally Posted by upr_crust
Something for a cold winter's day in NYC . . .
Suit - BB
Shirt - Thomas Pink
Tie and PS - PRL
Cufflinks - Liberty
Boots - Paul Stuart
Overcoat - BB
Scarf - Barney's
Hat - Seifter Associates
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I dig the whole setup, nice one, Crusty!Quote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
As evidenced by the two fine gents above me, it's freezing in NY today.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This one just says: "Get the fuck out of my way or you´ll be overrun". Wow, Spoozer.
Damn, now that is an arch on the tie and a great knot. I´m envying you right now.
And there goes my stuff...post #22368 of 787212/13/12 at 11:26amQuote:
They're LP, but I can't remember what material they are. Yeah, they're cool. Just needing more ideas how to use them...
Creepy or not, I always stick gloves in that coat pocket; it's just more convenient to have them there instead of in the side pockets. And I claim precedence over those doing this for sprezz purposes; I've been doing it forever!
Busy Monday...post #22369 of 787212/13/12 at 11:42amQuote:
so that means...
you've been looking creepy foreverpost #22370 of 787212/13/12 at 11:49ampost #22371 of 787212/13/12 at 12:29pmQuote:
Crusty, while we are on the topic of hats, I can't remember off the top of my head (pun intended) if you have ever worn a Homburg hat. I think it would suit your style.post #22372 of 787212/13/12 at 12:48pmpost #22373 of 787212/13/12 at 12:51pmQuote:
As it is, I do own a black Homburg, and I have posted pictures of myself wearing it, though it teeters dangerously on the borderline of "costume" (and, I am sure, that there are those out there who feel that it falls very much over the border - but that's not unusual with many of my fits - c'est la vie en rose).post #22374 of 787212/13/12 at 1:00pm
Ok, level with me fellas, is the chest just too big on this one for me? It's a 42L (which is my normal size), and I already had my tailor bring the waist in a bit (I think...I don't recall now), but I think it looks a bit big in the chest. Does it look salvageable to you all?
Suit: Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece
Shirt: Brooks Brothers "Luxury" line FC
Tie: Charles Tyrwhitt
Shoes: Florsheim Imperial wingtipspost #22375 of 787212/13/12 at 1:41pm
Cheers, yup, Ercoles.Quote:
Thanks FM, Tie is actually raw silk, and anything but slick, photo doesn't really capture the uber texture this has. Its actually a vintage piece Ercole had made a VERY long time ago, Frank may have been just a glimmer in his eye when that tie was made.
Better than horribly frozen head day.
Thanks Jay.post #22376 of 787212/13/12 at 1:43pm
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Suit: Herringbone Sydney Not quite navy 3 roll 2
Shirt: Cottonwork blue Herringbone
Tie: Henry Carter Neckwear brown floral unlined 7 fold
Shoes: Herring Reading Brown Suedepost #22377 of 787212/13/12 at 1:52pmpost #22378 of 787212/13/12 at 1:55pmpost #22379 of 787212/13/12 at 1:59pmpost #22380 of 787212/13/12 at 2:05pm
I like the tie but as the others have said, way way to tight. I know you have copped this criticism before so I don't mean to be piling on, but the button is pulling sideways at the button point it is so tight. Overall both the jacket and trousers look a size too small, even for a slim fit.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion just now
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 10 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 48 seconds ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge July 24th - Denim 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 7 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 8 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...