That's nice! For me, personally, I would have a royal blue sweater with a different colour tie; the tie works for you.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:36 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1479post #22171 of 787172/9/12 at 2:54pmpost #22172 of 787172/9/12 at 3:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by Charlie's WardrobeFriday.....
Details Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Suit - Herringbone Sydney not quite navy 3 roll 2
Shirt - Cottonwork white
Tie - Henry Carter Neckwear 7 fold silver check
Shoes - Herring Readig Brown Suede
Clean and crisp... I like it.
Wish Herringbone Size 38 jkts weren't too long for me, and the 36s, not so tight in the pants.
Incidentally, I'm wearing a not-so-navy suit as well; sharkskin from P Johnson.post #22173 of 787172/9/12 at 3:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe
I like the sweater but I think you have some casual vs formal conflicts going on there. The shirt and tie suggest you have worn this to work, yet this is a decidedly cosy, casual and chunky sweater. It would be much more suited IMO to some dark denim, a pair of red wing style or desert boots and a button down with no tie, worn on the weekend/day off.
Yup, such a sweater is casual. But it was freezing--heat problems. I was grateful for the warmth that the sweater provided. Later, when the heat came on, the cardi came off. Besides, I'm a musician. I don't work; I play.
Edited by clarinetplayer - 2/9/12 at 3:37pmpost #22174 of 787172/9/12 at 3:15pmpost #22175 of 787172/9/12 at 3:36pmpost #22176 of 787172/9/12 at 3:45pmpost #22177 of 787172/9/12 at 3:49pmpost #22178 of 787172/9/12 at 3:59pmpost #22179 of 787172/9/12 at 3:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by CDHagg
It was actually a trolling question.
Allen Edmonds seem to get a lot of love, but I personally hate the way they look, with the huge outsole and flimsy leather that creases like crAzy. I'm wondering what the hype - if it actually exists on SF - is all about.
And I'm sorry, but those RL's are not your best pair of shoes.
What do you wear that's so much better than AE?post #22180 of 787172/9/12 at 5:06pmpost #22181 of 787172/9/12 at 5:34pmQuote:
Cheers mate, I have the opposite problem being 6"2, that the 38R is too short but I put 5kg on in the gym last winter and am now a comfortable 40R with the waist taken in a bit, and the Osaka block 40R's fit me really well length wise now.post #22182 of 787172/9/12 at 5:43pm
i say some AE's look very nice
the AE strand (this one is the BB version) does not look so clunky or blobby as some other models
and it's unfair to compare them to british or italian shoes that cost 2-3 times morepost #22183 of 787172/9/12 at 6:06pmQuote:
I'm a fan of the look. There are few situations in a normal day which dictate purely formal or casual. Dress for the weather (or mechanical problems).
post #22184 of 787172/9/12 at 6:21pmpost #22185 of 787172/9/12 at 6:35pmQuote:
What do you mean, by its unfair to compare them to italian shoes?
The quality isnt there? I am curious?
Edited by Cedric - 2/9/12 at 8:08pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
Currently, there are 1061 Active Users (227 Members and 834 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 5 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 13 minutes ago
- › MoneyWellSpent's Southern Trad Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 18 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Appropriate Desert Boots w/Suit 22 minutes ago
- › Best Shoe Repair in USA or Send Abroad? 24 minutes ago
- › Rubinacci "...Best Bespoke Tailor on Earth..." article 25 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...