That's nice! For me, personally, I would have a royal blue sweater with a different colour tie; the tie works for you.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:32 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1479post #22171 of 787192/9/12 at 2:54pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #22172 of 787192/9/12 at 3:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by Charlie's WardrobeFriday.....
Details Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Suit - Herringbone Sydney not quite navy 3 roll 2
Shirt - Cottonwork white
Tie - Henry Carter Neckwear 7 fold silver check
Shoes - Herring Readig Brown Suede
Clean and crisp... I like it.
Wish Herringbone Size 38 jkts weren't too long for me, and the 36s, not so tight in the pants.
Incidentally, I'm wearing a not-so-navy suit as well; sharkskin from P Johnson.post #22173 of 787192/9/12 at 3:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe
I like the sweater but I think you have some casual vs formal conflicts going on there. The shirt and tie suggest you have worn this to work, yet this is a decidedly cosy, casual and chunky sweater. It would be much more suited IMO to some dark denim, a pair of red wing style or desert boots and a button down with no tie, worn on the weekend/day off.
Yup, such a sweater is casual. But it was freezing--heat problems. I was grateful for the warmth that the sweater provided. Later, when the heat came on, the cardi came off. Besides, I'm a musician. I don't work; I play.
Edited by clarinetplayer - 2/9/12 at 3:37pmpost #22174 of 787192/9/12 at 3:15pmpost #22175 of 787192/9/12 at 3:36pmpost #22176 of 787192/9/12 at 3:45pmpost #22177 of 787192/9/12 at 3:49pmpost #22178 of 787192/9/12 at 3:59pmpost #22179 of 787192/9/12 at 3:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by CDHagg
It was actually a trolling question.
Allen Edmonds seem to get a lot of love, but I personally hate the way they look, with the huge outsole and flimsy leather that creases like crAzy. I'm wondering what the hype - if it actually exists on SF - is all about.
And I'm sorry, but those RL's are not your best pair of shoes.
What do you wear that's so much better than AE?post #22180 of 787192/9/12 at 5:06pmpost #22181 of 787192/9/12 at 5:34pmQuote:
Cheers mate, I have the opposite problem being 6"2, that the 38R is too short but I put 5kg on in the gym last winter and am now a comfortable 40R with the waist taken in a bit, and the Osaka block 40R's fit me really well length wise now.post #22182 of 787192/9/12 at 5:43pm
i say some AE's look very nice
the AE strand (this one is the BB version) does not look so clunky or blobby as some other models
and it's unfair to compare them to british or italian shoes that cost 2-3 times morepost #22183 of 787192/9/12 at 6:06pmQuote:
I'm a fan of the look. There are few situations in a normal day which dictate purely formal or casual. Dress for the weather (or mechanical problems).
post #22184 of 787192/9/12 at 6:21pmpost #22185 of 787192/9/12 at 6:35pmQuote:
What do you mean, by its unfair to compare them to italian shoes?
The quality isnt there? I am curious?
Edited by Cedric - 2/9/12 at 8:08pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
Currently, there are 1250 Active Users (254 Members and 996 Guests)
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 27 seconds ago
- › Official Customs, Duties, and International Shipping Questions and... 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 4 minutes ago
- › *** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** -... 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › Articles of Style shop? 12 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 21 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 21 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 22 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 23 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?