That's nice! For me, personally, I would have a royal blue sweater with a different colour tie; the tie works for you.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1479post #22171 of 787222/9/12 at 2:54pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #22172 of 787222/9/12 at 3:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by Charlie's WardrobeFriday.....
Details Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Suit - Herringbone Sydney not quite navy 3 roll 2
Shirt - Cottonwork white
Tie - Henry Carter Neckwear 7 fold silver check
Shoes - Herring Readig Brown Suede
Clean and crisp... I like it.
Wish Herringbone Size 38 jkts weren't too long for me, and the 36s, not so tight in the pants.
Incidentally, I'm wearing a not-so-navy suit as well; sharkskin from P Johnson.post #22173 of 787222/9/12 at 3:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe
I like the sweater but I think you have some casual vs formal conflicts going on there. The shirt and tie suggest you have worn this to work, yet this is a decidedly cosy, casual and chunky sweater. It would be much more suited IMO to some dark denim, a pair of red wing style or desert boots and a button down with no tie, worn on the weekend/day off.
Yup, such a sweater is casual. But it was freezing--heat problems. I was grateful for the warmth that the sweater provided. Later, when the heat came on, the cardi came off. Besides, I'm a musician. I don't work; I play.
Edited by clarinetplayer - 2/9/12 at 3:37pmpost #22174 of 787222/9/12 at 3:15pmpost #22175 of 787222/9/12 at 3:36pmpost #22176 of 787222/9/12 at 3:45pmpost #22177 of 787222/9/12 at 3:49pmpost #22178 of 787222/9/12 at 3:59pmpost #22179 of 787222/9/12 at 3:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by CDHagg
It was actually a trolling question.
Allen Edmonds seem to get a lot of love, but I personally hate the way they look, with the huge outsole and flimsy leather that creases like crAzy. I'm wondering what the hype - if it actually exists on SF - is all about.
And I'm sorry, but those RL's are not your best pair of shoes.
What do you wear that's so much better than AE?post #22180 of 787222/9/12 at 5:06pmpost #22181 of 787222/9/12 at 5:34pmQuote:
Cheers mate, I have the opposite problem being 6"2, that the 38R is too short but I put 5kg on in the gym last winter and am now a comfortable 40R with the waist taken in a bit, and the Osaka block 40R's fit me really well length wise now.post #22182 of 787222/9/12 at 5:43pm
i say some AE's look very nice
the AE strand (this one is the BB version) does not look so clunky or blobby as some other models
and it's unfair to compare them to british or italian shoes that cost 2-3 times morepost #22183 of 787222/9/12 at 6:06pmQuote:
I'm a fan of the look. There are few situations in a normal day which dictate purely formal or casual. Dress for the weather (or mechanical problems).
post #22184 of 787222/9/12 at 6:21pmpost #22185 of 787222/9/12 at 6:35pmQuote:
What do you mean, by its unfair to compare them to italian shoes?
The quality isnt there? I am curious?
Edited by Cedric - 2/9/12 at 8:08pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1709 Active Users (421 Members and 1288 Guests)
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 15 seconds ago
- › @!>Part 2!@>Watch UFC 179: Aldo vs Mendes 2 Live Stream Online 2 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 2 minutes ago
- › Alden Nat CXL Sloat Plain Toe Boots 9D Tru-Balance 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 8 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 8 minutes ago
- › APC Sale - Black Selvedge New Standards (29), Charcoal Petite... 10 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 12 minutes ago
- › Topcoat <$1,000? 15 minutes ago
- › Forgive me Foother, for I have sinned 17 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...