That's nice! For me, personally, I would have a royal blue sweater with a different colour tie; the tie works for you.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:15 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1479post #22171 of 787212/9/12 at 2:54pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #22172 of 787212/9/12 at 3:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by Charlie's WardrobeFriday.....
Details Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Suit - Herringbone Sydney not quite navy 3 roll 2
Shirt - Cottonwork white
Tie - Henry Carter Neckwear 7 fold silver check
Shoes - Herring Readig Brown Suede
Clean and crisp... I like it.
Wish Herringbone Size 38 jkts weren't too long for me, and the 36s, not so tight in the pants.
Incidentally, I'm wearing a not-so-navy suit as well; sharkskin from P Johnson.post #22173 of 787212/9/12 at 3:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe
I like the sweater but I think you have some casual vs formal conflicts going on there. The shirt and tie suggest you have worn this to work, yet this is a decidedly cosy, casual and chunky sweater. It would be much more suited IMO to some dark denim, a pair of red wing style or desert boots and a button down with no tie, worn on the weekend/day off.
Yup, such a sweater is casual. But it was freezing--heat problems. I was grateful for the warmth that the sweater provided. Later, when the heat came on, the cardi came off. Besides, I'm a musician. I don't work; I play.
Edited by clarinetplayer - 2/9/12 at 3:37pmpost #22174 of 787212/9/12 at 3:15pmpost #22175 of 787212/9/12 at 3:36pmpost #22176 of 787212/9/12 at 3:45pmpost #22177 of 787212/9/12 at 3:49pmpost #22178 of 787212/9/12 at 3:59pmpost #22179 of 787212/9/12 at 3:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by CDHagg
It was actually a trolling question.
Allen Edmonds seem to get a lot of love, but I personally hate the way they look, with the huge outsole and flimsy leather that creases like crAzy. I'm wondering what the hype - if it actually exists on SF - is all about.
And I'm sorry, but those RL's are not your best pair of shoes.
What do you wear that's so much better than AE?post #22180 of 787212/9/12 at 5:06pmpost #22181 of 787212/9/12 at 5:34pmQuote:
Cheers mate, I have the opposite problem being 6"2, that the 38R is too short but I put 5kg on in the gym last winter and am now a comfortable 40R with the waist taken in a bit, and the Osaka block 40R's fit me really well length wise now.post #22182 of 787212/9/12 at 5:43pm
i say some AE's look very nice
the AE strand (this one is the BB version) does not look so clunky or blobby as some other models
and it's unfair to compare them to british or italian shoes that cost 2-3 times morepost #22183 of 787212/9/12 at 6:06pmQuote:
I'm a fan of the look. There are few situations in a normal day which dictate purely formal or casual. Dress for the weather (or mechanical problems).
post #22184 of 787212/9/12 at 6:21pmpost #22185 of 787212/9/12 at 6:35pmQuote:
What do you mean, by its unfair to compare them to italian shoes?
The quality isnt there? I am curious?
Edited by Cedric - 2/9/12 at 8:08pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Currently, there are 1068 Active Users (165 Members and 903 Guests)
- › French Tailoring Thread (e.g. Camps de Luca, Cifonelli, Smalto and... 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 8 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 18 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 23 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 26 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 27 minutes ago
- › NIB Shoes from John Lobb and Gaziano & Girling - Sizes 9.5-10 UK... 28 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 32 minutes ago
- › BNWOT unworn Epaulet sz 28/29 pants NOW FREE JUST PAY SHIPPING 34 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...