Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 12/2/13 at 4:49pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1444
Styleforum Top Picks
LilacCords (Click to show)
I don't think I've seen a SB coat with square-cut fronts like that. Does that style have a name?
TTO (Click to show)
I have never been able to justify the ordering of a Dinner Suit, yet have always wanted one, the opportunity to acquire one that I liked, for free, was toi good an opportunity to pass up!
Excellent choice, Theo!
I felt a little yuppie today. Sorry about the bad lighting, it's all there is...
I believe I'll have belt loops removed in these pants, and I'm also thinking I should take this jacket to a tailor to have the sleeves slimmed... is that an easy alteration?
Edited by RDiaz - 1/31/12 at 9:17am
Who will help poor Acrid?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The tie is surprisingly nice, at least in the photos (only you can tell how it feels to the hand). The colours and overall fit are good too, with the square and its fold being a clever choice. Not a fan of the shoe colour; I can see why you chose them, but assuming that's a suit, I think a dark pair or black would mesh more nicely. Then again, I almost always think that, so...
I think they'd be better reserved for much more casual fits (i.e. ones without a tailored jacket). Would be cool with boots, OCBD, fairly chunky jumper, and a nice casual jacket and scarf.
What material is that jacket? Has an interesting sheen to it. Bamboo? Linen/silk?
Fit seems OK for RTW. Sleeves are messy at the back, but not much can be cost-effectively done about that and in motion it will be a bit less obvious. My biggest gripe isn't so much fit as proportions: the waist of the jacket seems a little low for you & the jacket's pockets. That makes it a little overstylised to my eye. Nothing can be done about that, and it might not even be something that you feel is true at all. Sort of depends on what you want it to look like.
Nice colours & I think all the herringbones look just fine. The cut of the jacket is interesting; I must admit those squared-off fronts are not entirely my cup of tea, but it is an interesting look.
I like how the colours & patterns of these 3 items work together.
Freezing cold day today. Very casual underneath (pale blue cashmere crew-neck jumper, green flannel trousers), but the overcoat may be of interest:
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › The Uniqlo Thread 29 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 4 minutes ago
- › San Francisco SF Meetup - Thursday Dec 5th, Hosted by John Allan's... 4 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 7 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 9 minutes ago
- › Is this what the B&S Has Come To? 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by ahilal
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw