NYR, the jacket is great and so are the pants, but not together. The colors seem off. Could be the lighting, of course. Do you have a dark brown or dark green SC?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 12/2/13 at 4:49pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1440
Styleforum Top Picks
Thankyou for your kind words sir.
I suspect the collar may have been undone as it was hot this day.
I will have to confirm the fit next time I wear that shirt.
In regards to the pocket square, it is on my to-buy list :-)
This is true, however my suit is a few shades lighter than navy. Almost royal blue.
Thanks! It is a Carlo Barbera for H. Lesser. Probably around 11oz. Feels like cashmere, priced just like it.
"Happy monday" Trying to introject some color on a crappy snowy day. Sorry for poor lighting...
Sportcoat is a brown donegal w/ flecks of orange and blue.
Photo on 2012-01-30 at 07.21 by citan1145, on Flickr
Photo on 2012-01-30 at 07.22 by citan1145, on Flickr Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I like this very much. Especially, the way the orange and blue in the tie picks up the matching color from the coat. Good use of a "cardi". Nice silhouette to the coat.
Nice to see maomao posting over the weekend, and looking pretty damn cool too.
olddog looking excellent too. Great suit, well-matched.
Great fitting suit; is this the new one we got a preview of the other day? Nice work. My personal feeling is that the jacket would be nicer with a little more length, but you all know my feelings on jacket length by now. Probably the bright sunshine, but I think the tie could afford to be a shade or two darker for the look as well.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Great top half. Trousers do not work with it at all. Not saying they're bad in and of themselves, but definitely not working in this particular fit.
In hindsight, too much blue today, but eh, I do that sometimes (there's also a blue cast to the entire photo, which makes it more obvious)... shirt is a graph/microcheck, by the way, pic's not showing that clearly.
Alright. Round 5 of wannabe's sartorial success.
This time, I wore the same tie and PS as I did in the previous round, which can be seen here:
I went with a blue shirt this time, and I feel that it worked out for the better.
navy blue with orange/light blue pinstripe suit.
light blue shirt.
.75" red/navy/white striped tie.
burgundy polka dot PS.
brown quarter brogues.
The suit is actually about 0.5" longer than in the picture (I was standing weird), and I think that does the trick to make the suit "slightly short" rather than "way too short". On other note, I definitely think that I've nailed down my pants fit based on comments from the previous rounds.
Comments and suggestions are always welcome!
I'm guessing you work as some type of analyst in SF. I do as well so I think we're dressing for the same type of work environment. I still have a lot to learn so you can take my advice for what you think it's worth.
That being said, I think that your suit is too slim in the sleeves, the waist, and the legs. It looks tight and bunched up. You look tensed up rather than comfortable.
You shouldn't be wearing three-button or three-piece suits and you definitely shouldn't be wearing pocket squares.
Why does it look like you cut an outline of your body from a different picture and pasted it onto a different background?
edit: I didn't realize that other people had already replied so this is probably redundant.
Edited by Liquidus - 1/30/12 at 10:44am
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › Ann Demeulemeester wool pants / Size : S ( good for 28-->32 ) 55 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Random Food Questions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › NFL 2013-14 Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw