Slept on bamboo sheets once and the girl told me they were basically made from recycled water bottles. However, it should be noted that we didn't meet at a MENSA meeting...
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:55 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 3:18 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1432post #21466 of 787221/27/12 at 1:46pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #21467 of 787221/27/12 at 1:52pmpost #21468 of 787221/27/12 at 2:02pmQuote:
Most carpet manufacturers don't use recycled wool, or at least they didn't use to. There are a few that do, and even some of them don't use recycled wool in all of their carpets.
There's one manufacturer in Dalton, Georgia (I believe) that has a cradle to grave thing with their carpets. Cuts down on a lot of the unnecessary waste in the process.post #21469 of 787221/27/12 at 2:02pmQuote:
Thanks. I've tried wearing brown calf shoes with this suit. It looks really really wrong. Just doesn't work somehow. Burgundy just about works, but black is really best for it. Brown suede almost works too.Quote:
Thanks; you too! Regarding fit it seems I just like a looser fit even if not technically correct or always the most aesthetically pleasing. For instance, the trousers of this suit are just a fraction too narrow and tapered for complete comfort esp. around the mid/upper thigh. They're not tight, exactly, just that they're a bit tighter than I feel entirely happy in.Quote:
Thanks. It's definitely grey, not blue-grey. When it's a bright & sunny winter day, at certain times of day the blue of the sky somehow gets reflected in to where I take the photos, giving things a blue cast. Can't figure out how to quickly correct the colour balance without introducing more errors, sadly.
Quote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Great shoes. I love the suit too. Without the overcoat on, the tie feels a bit too dark. Also, I'm not sure the different blues of square & tie play terribly nicely together. The square is decent against the suit.Quote:Originally Posted by NiceGuyTom
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Good concept, but the tie is too smooth (and probably not the ideal colour) IMO.Quote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I have a similarly coloured and patterned tie. It's a PITA to pair with outfits & I hardly wear it anymroe. The way you've used it here is fine... but it's still not a tie that sings to me. What other combinations have you come up for it; I want ideas to steal. :)post #21470 of 787221/27/12 at 2:09pmQuote:
Wool is, of course, renewable. But it does take a lot of sheep, eating a lot of grass, to convert the vegetation into wool. Bamboo, on the other hand, converts sunlight and soil directly into bamboo. So it's also about the total 'environmental' demand to create the product. Just as vegetation is presumably more 'environmentally friendly' than meat as a food source.
Where all of these environmental claims break down is that few of them really take a product through it's entire life cycle and compare that complete life cycle to others.
In any case - I'm just wondering if anyone knows more about bamboo fiber in general and what their thoughts are. Perhaps I should start another thread.post #21471 of 787221/27/12 at 2:11pmQuote:
bamboo made from water bottles? um.......er................................you sure you wanted to tap that?post #21472 of 787221/27/12 at 2:13pmpost #21473 of 787221/27/12 at 2:28pmpost #21474 of 787221/27/12 at 2:28pmpost #21475 of 787221/27/12 at 2:30pmpost #21476 of 787221/27/12 at 3:07pmQuote:
Interesting. I think it works pretty well with any solid-ish color suit. I've worn it with charcoal flannel, brown worsted, this medium gray. My only navy suit has a (not quite the same) light-blue windowpane, so I've not yet tried that combo.post #21477 of 787221/27/12 at 3:07pmpost #21478 of 787221/27/12 at 3:09pmpost #21479 of 787221/27/12 at 3:09pm^TB, I'm not suggesting that you stick your head in the sand, but denim seems to be an area of strong opinion where reasonable disagreements are not possible. If you like them, go with it.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Mod to Suedehead 25 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF MAR... 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Watch Macedonia VS Australia Live Stream Game soccer Football 3 minutes ago
- › Watch Qatar VS Slovenia Live Stream Game soccer Football 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Watch Colombia VS Kuwait Live Stream Game soccer Football 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...