Slept on bamboo sheets once and the girl told me they were basically made from recycled water bottles. However, it should be noted that we didn't meet at a MENSA meeting...
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:17 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1432post #21466 of 787191/27/12 at 1:46pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #21467 of 787191/27/12 at 1:52pmpost #21468 of 787191/27/12 at 2:02pmQuote:
Most carpet manufacturers don't use recycled wool, or at least they didn't use to. There are a few that do, and even some of them don't use recycled wool in all of their carpets.
There's one manufacturer in Dalton, Georgia (I believe) that has a cradle to grave thing with their carpets. Cuts down on a lot of the unnecessary waste in the process.post #21469 of 787191/27/12 at 2:02pmQuote:
Thanks. I've tried wearing brown calf shoes with this suit. It looks really really wrong. Just doesn't work somehow. Burgundy just about works, but black is really best for it. Brown suede almost works too.Quote:
Thanks; you too! Regarding fit it seems I just like a looser fit even if not technically correct or always the most aesthetically pleasing. For instance, the trousers of this suit are just a fraction too narrow and tapered for complete comfort esp. around the mid/upper thigh. They're not tight, exactly, just that they're a bit tighter than I feel entirely happy in.Quote:
Thanks. It's definitely grey, not blue-grey. When it's a bright & sunny winter day, at certain times of day the blue of the sky somehow gets reflected in to where I take the photos, giving things a blue cast. Can't figure out how to quickly correct the colour balance without introducing more errors, sadly.
Quote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Great shoes. I love the suit too. Without the overcoat on, the tie feels a bit too dark. Also, I'm not sure the different blues of square & tie play terribly nicely together. The square is decent against the suit.Quote:Originally Posted by NiceGuyTom
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Good concept, but the tie is too smooth (and probably not the ideal colour) IMO.Quote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I have a similarly coloured and patterned tie. It's a PITA to pair with outfits & I hardly wear it anymroe. The way you've used it here is fine... but it's still not a tie that sings to me. What other combinations have you come up for it; I want ideas to steal. :)post #21470 of 787191/27/12 at 2:09pmQuote:
Wool is, of course, renewable. But it does take a lot of sheep, eating a lot of grass, to convert the vegetation into wool. Bamboo, on the other hand, converts sunlight and soil directly into bamboo. So it's also about the total 'environmental' demand to create the product. Just as vegetation is presumably more 'environmentally friendly' than meat as a food source.
Where all of these environmental claims break down is that few of them really take a product through it's entire life cycle and compare that complete life cycle to others.
In any case - I'm just wondering if anyone knows more about bamboo fiber in general and what their thoughts are. Perhaps I should start another thread.post #21471 of 787191/27/12 at 2:11pmQuote:
bamboo made from water bottles? um.......er................................you sure you wanted to tap that?post #21472 of 787191/27/12 at 2:13pmpost #21473 of 787191/27/12 at 2:28pmpost #21474 of 787191/27/12 at 2:28pmpost #21475 of 787191/27/12 at 2:30pmpost #21476 of 787191/27/12 at 3:07pmQuote:
Interesting. I think it works pretty well with any solid-ish color suit. I've worn it with charcoal flannel, brown worsted, this medium gray. My only navy suit has a (not quite the same) light-blue windowpane, so I've not yet tried that combo.post #21477 of 787191/27/12 at 3:07pmpost #21478 of 787191/27/12 at 3:09pmpost #21479 of 787191/27/12 at 3:09pm^TB, I'm not suggesting that you stick your head in the sand, but denim seems to be an area of strong opinion where reasonable disagreements are not possible. If you like them, go with it.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 13 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF FEB... 3 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 4 minutes ago
- › Briefcase porn thread 4 minutes ago
- › Help! Tom Ford Tuxedo lapel asymmetrical! Can it be fixed? 6 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 7 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...