Slept on bamboo sheets once and the girl told me they were basically made from recycled water bottles. However, it should be noted that we didn't meet at a MENSA meeting...
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 2/18/14 at 2:14am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1432
Styleforum Top Picks
Most carpet manufacturers don't use recycled wool, or at least they didn't use to. There are a few that do, and even some of them don't use recycled wool in all of their carpets.
There's one manufacturer in Dalton, Georgia (I believe) that has a cradle to grave thing with their carpets. Cuts down on a lot of the unnecessary waste in the process.
Thanks. I've tried wearing brown calf shoes with this suit. It looks really really wrong. Just doesn't work somehow. Burgundy just about works, but black is really best for it. Brown suede almost works too.
Thanks; you too! Regarding fit it seems I just like a looser fit even if not technically correct or always the most aesthetically pleasing. For instance, the trousers of this suit are just a fraction too narrow and tapered for complete comfort esp. around the mid/upper thigh. They're not tight, exactly, just that they're a bit tighter than I feel entirely happy in.
Thanks. It's definitely grey, not blue-grey. When it's a bright & sunny winter day, at certain times of day the blue of the sky somehow gets reflected in to where I take the photos, giving things a blue cast. Can't figure out how to quickly correct the colour balance without introducing more errors, sadly.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Great shoes. I love the suit too. Without the overcoat on, the tie feels a bit too dark. Also, I'm not sure the different blues of square & tie play terribly nicely together. The square is decent against the suit.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Good concept, but the tie is too smooth (and probably not the ideal colour) IMO.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I have a similarly coloured and patterned tie. It's a PITA to pair with outfits & I hardly wear it anymroe. The way you've used it here is fine... but it's still not a tie that sings to me. What other combinations have you come up for it; I want ideas to steal. :)
Wool is, of course, renewable. But it does take a lot of sheep, eating a lot of grass, to convert the vegetation into wool. Bamboo, on the other hand, converts sunlight and soil directly into bamboo. So it's also about the total 'environmental' demand to create the product. Just as vegetation is presumably more 'environmentally friendly' than meat as a food source.
Where all of these environmental claims break down is that few of them really take a product through it's entire life cycle and compare that complete life cycle to others.
In any case - I'm just wondering if anyone knows more about bamboo fiber in general and what their thoughts are. Perhaps I should start another thread.
bamboo made from water bottles? um.......er................................you sure you wanted to tap that?
Interesting. I think it works pretty well with any solid-ish color suit. I've worn it with charcoal flannel, brown worsted, this medium gray. My only navy suit has a (not quite the same) light-blue windowpane, so I've not yet tried that combo.
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › Oak Street Bootmakers - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Barker 1 minute ago
- › What shirt with a Grey Sports Coat/Navy Pants/Brown Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › Schott zip up Fair Isle sweater NWT 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 7 minutes ago
- › Interview Feedback 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 8 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 9 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw