More importantly, seems as though there was a silly string party there as well...
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:34 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1416
Styleforum Top Pickspost #21227 of 787191/24/12 at 8:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) More importantly, seems as though there was a silly string party there as well...
indeed. apparently my older kids sunday activity was spray silly string all over the porch.post #21228 of 787191/24/12 at 8:38pmty Clarinetplayer, TB, and Sugar for the comments. The coat is about an inch too short. It is the polo congressman cut and it is a fit short and the lapels are rather thin. I think it works given that I am young but I acknowledge the shortness is not technically proper. I loved the pattern and it is an amazingly soft 100% cashmere,got it for a steal on ebay too. Either way, thanks for the comments and my recent jackets are much longer and wider lapels, i assure youpost #21229 of 787191/24/12 at 9:47pmQuote:
What's so horrible about a whiskey/navy combo? I happen to like that, especially with the chalk stripe suit and the bowtie. Adds a sort of frivolity to the whole package. The square I could do without, but we can't have everything.post #21230 of 787191/24/12 at 9:56pmpost #21231 of 787191/24/12 at 10:00pmQuote:
It's just very jarring to English eyes. I've said it before and I'll say it again, OD/OT can certainly dress well but his shoe combinations let him down most of the time.post #21232 of 787191/24/12 at 10:34pmQuote:
I don't think the combination of colours itself is objectionable, but it seems to clash with his otherwise conservative/old fashioned style.post #21233 of 787191/24/12 at 10:54pmpost #21234 of 787191/25/12 at 3:18ampost #21235 of 787191/25/12 at 4:02am
Quote:Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I want to like this, and in truth, I like lots of it, esp. the fit of the jacket. I'm not sure what's putting me off it as an overall ensemble... maybe the trousers are a bit dark for it, or maybe the collar/tie/jumper/jacket neck area just seems a bit untidy with a lot of competing angles... as I say, I like lots of this, but it's not quite meshing for me. Almost there tho'
I'm the same way, but I think it probably comes down to local climate. I know there've been several times over recent weeks that I've thought a loafer would be nice to wear, but I know I'd just feel cold wearing them so changed my mind. Cold feet about getting cold feet, you might say...post #21236 of 787191/25/12 at 4:29amMidweek - survival past Tuesday is always an accomplishment.
Suit - BB MTM
Shirt - Lewin
Tie and cufflinks - Turnbull & Asser
PS - PRL
Braces - Paul Stuart
Shoes - C & J
Overcoat - BB
Hat - Scala
Scarf - H & K
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #21237 of 787191/25/12 at 4:37amCrusty, if that was a white shirt instead of a pink, I think it would have been one of my favorite fits of yours, and also would have come damn close to making you eligible for the CBD thread...post #21238 of 787191/25/12 at 6:16amQuote:
Spoo-meister, in retrospect, the pink may have been a bit strong for the rest of today's fit, but had I worn a white shirt, and truly been eligible for the CBD thread, this would be taken as a first sign of the coming Apocalypse - a greatly unnatural omen.
Just sayin' . . .post #21239 of 787191/25/12 at 6:27am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Edward Green, Grenson and Hunter size 13 shoes 11 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 38 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 3 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 3 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 6 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1