Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1408post #21106 of 787241/21/12 at 9:27am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #21107 of 787241/21/12 at 9:35ampost #21108 of 787241/21/12 at 11:57ampost #21109 of 787241/21/12 at 12:17pmIch_dien, nice colors in your outfit but those trousers are way too short (even more so with those loafers). I think a slight break will look good on your frame -- the jacket could also be a tad longer. The overall effect is very thom brownish, though it may be your intended look.post #21110 of 787241/21/12 at 12:25pmpost #21111 of 787241/21/12 at 12:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by srivats
Ich_dien, nice colors in your outfit but those trousers are way too short (even more so with those loafers). I think a slight break will look good on your frame -- the jacket could also be a tad longer. The overall effect is very thom brownish, though it may be your intended look.
Thanks for the input. My main concern is that the shirt and jacket work. My wife isn't wild about them.
I've hitched the pants up a bit to show the socks. They actually do break, right at the tassels.
I had to look up who Thom Browne is. I'm flattered that he copys me.post #21112 of 787241/21/12 at 12:46pm
It can work, but try using a pairing that isn't so close in value. That very pale, desaturated jacket is nice but would look better with something like a navy and white gingham -- so you'd have more contrast but complimentary colours.
Now, about those "dad jeans"...post #21113 of 787241/21/12 at 12:50pm
In principle, sure. I think this combo is a swing and a miss, though. The values of the shirt and jacket are too similar, and the colors aren't working well together.
The belt and shoes are a bit matchy, but I accept that opinions differ on this. Finally, the jacket (at least in this picture) doesn't appear to be of sufficient weight or texture to play nicely with the denim.post #21114 of 787241/21/12 at 1:49pmpost #21115 of 787241/21/12 at 1:52pmpost #21116 of 787241/21/12 at 2:06pmpost #21117 of 787241/21/12 at 2:10pmpost #21118 of 787241/21/12 at 2:12pmpost #21119 of 787241/21/12 at 2:14pm
Carmina shop here in Paris also has a sale right now. I think there are 4 models of shell cordovans that are on sale. Will post pictures of my shoe damage this trip after I get my Carmina's with metal toe taps.post #21120 of 787241/21/12 at 2:23pmQuote:
Oh well I dont think there is a sale in Sweden :( Lucky you! Damage, really your not happy with them? Ye PM me!
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 11 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 16 seconds ago
- › Things your dumb friends post on facebook 42 seconds ago
- › The Architecture Thread 1 minute ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 1 minute ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › What shoes for walking around town? 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)