Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1408post #21106 of 787211/21/12 at 9:27am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #21107 of 787211/21/12 at 9:35ampost #21108 of 787211/21/12 at 11:57ampost #21109 of 787211/21/12 at 12:17pmIch_dien, nice colors in your outfit but those trousers are way too short (even more so with those loafers). I think a slight break will look good on your frame -- the jacket could also be a tad longer. The overall effect is very thom brownish, though it may be your intended look.post #21110 of 787211/21/12 at 12:25pmpost #21111 of 787211/21/12 at 12:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by srivats
Ich_dien, nice colors in your outfit but those trousers are way too short (even more so with those loafers). I think a slight break will look good on your frame -- the jacket could also be a tad longer. The overall effect is very thom brownish, though it may be your intended look.
Thanks for the input. My main concern is that the shirt and jacket work. My wife isn't wild about them.
I've hitched the pants up a bit to show the socks. They actually do break, right at the tassels.
I had to look up who Thom Browne is. I'm flattered that he copys me.post #21112 of 787211/21/12 at 12:46pm
It can work, but try using a pairing that isn't so close in value. That very pale, desaturated jacket is nice but would look better with something like a navy and white gingham -- so you'd have more contrast but complimentary colours.
Now, about those "dad jeans"...post #21113 of 787211/21/12 at 12:50pm
In principle, sure. I think this combo is a swing and a miss, though. The values of the shirt and jacket are too similar, and the colors aren't working well together.
The belt and shoes are a bit matchy, but I accept that opinions differ on this. Finally, the jacket (at least in this picture) doesn't appear to be of sufficient weight or texture to play nicely with the denim.post #21114 of 787211/21/12 at 1:49pmpost #21115 of 787211/21/12 at 1:52pmpost #21116 of 787211/21/12 at 2:06pmpost #21117 of 787211/21/12 at 2:10pmpost #21118 of 787211/21/12 at 2:12pmpost #21119 of 787211/21/12 at 2:14pm
Carmina shop here in Paris also has a sale right now. I think there are 4 models of shell cordovans that are on sale. Will post pictures of my shoe damage this trip after I get my Carmina's with metal toe taps.post #21120 of 787211/21/12 at 2:23pmQuote:
Oh well I dont think there is a sale in Sweden :( Lucky you! Damage, really your not happy with them? Ye PM me!
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Hook and Albert Garment Weekender Bag 49 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › ***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)*** 11 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 11 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 17 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 20 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 22 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 23 minutes ago
- › Red sole 38 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...