Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 1:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1336post #20026 of 787171/5/12 at 6:31ampost #20027 of 787171/5/12 at 6:31ampost #20028 of 787171/5/12 at 6:36amQuote:
I don't know, the photography seems to go with the age of the suit! And it is a lovely suit, I agree. In fact, I've loved both the fits I've seen you post this year (and I've often been a bit dubious about your style choices before).post #20029 of 787171/5/12 at 6:39ampost #20030 of 787171/5/12 at 7:13ampost #20031 of 787171/5/12 at 7:19ampost #20032 of 787171/5/12 at 7:33amQuote:
I have a suit that does the same thing with the pants and I hope a tailor can fix it... is that just poor tailoring or does it also have to do with the fit?post #20033 of 787171/5/12 at 8:33ampost #20034 of 787171/5/12 at 8:47ampost #20035 of 787171/5/12 at 9:02amQuote:Originally Posted by luftvier
Suit looks pretty good for 71 years old. Photography, as always, is lacking.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Moar 71 year old suits, PLEEZ!
This is why I love old movies!
Teh lapelz, dey gotz teh sechs!
Edited by Gdot - 1/5/12 at 9:57ampost #20036 of 787171/5/12 at 9:19ampost #20037 of 787171/5/12 at 9:27ampost #20038 of 787171/5/12 at 9:44ampost #20039 of 787171/5/12 at 11:04amQuote:
A french pair, by Markowski.Quote:
Not so much in reality, seems to be an optical, photograph-induced illusion :-)Quote:
See above.Quote:Originally Posted by deandbn
I am sad to say it, but your outfit looks really bad.
The Jacket is all lumpy in many places on the shoulders, the sleeves are crumpled and look like they have been ridden over by a bulldozer, the lapels look all stretched, the button is pulling badly.
The Tie, well what happened to the knot, the rear blade is not at the rear.
The Trousers, waist too low, pulling all over the crotch area, badly tailored legs which bulge over the knees and calf muscle.
The Belt is too long for your waist, latched at the 5th hole.
The PS is too close in colour and pattern and pattern size to the Tie.
The Face looks as if it could do with a good shaving. The Hair looks like it could do with a good styling.
The overall impression, dark, scruffy, dirty, ill-fitting, badly made, bad colour co-ordination, bad pattern matching, and no self-respect.
In fact horrible.
At least i had the humor to wear it openly like that.
Guess i deserved this smack in my face. How could i have supposed that i made any progress at all? Whacky me...
More of that illfitting crap of mine goes here....post #20040 of 787171/5/12 at 11:23am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Carlo Barbera fabrics, checks, NAVY STAPLE S150S 6 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 8 minutes ago
- › The Rise and Rise of Donald J Trump 12 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 20 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 25 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 38 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 39 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 49 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...