Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:11 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1336post #20026 of 787181/5/12 at 6:31ampost #20027 of 787181/5/12 at 6:31ampost #20028 of 787181/5/12 at 6:36amQuote:
I don't know, the photography seems to go with the age of the suit! And it is a lovely suit, I agree. In fact, I've loved both the fits I've seen you post this year (and I've often been a bit dubious about your style choices before).post #20029 of 787181/5/12 at 6:39ampost #20030 of 787181/5/12 at 7:13ampost #20031 of 787181/5/12 at 7:19ampost #20032 of 787181/5/12 at 7:33amQuote:
I have a suit that does the same thing with the pants and I hope a tailor can fix it... is that just poor tailoring or does it also have to do with the fit?post #20033 of 787181/5/12 at 8:33ampost #20034 of 787181/5/12 at 8:47ampost #20035 of 787181/5/12 at 9:02amQuote:Originally Posted by luftvier
Suit looks pretty good for 71 years old. Photography, as always, is lacking.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Moar 71 year old suits, PLEEZ!
This is why I love old movies!
Teh lapelz, dey gotz teh sechs!
Edited by Gdot - 1/5/12 at 9:57ampost #20036 of 787181/5/12 at 9:19ampost #20037 of 787181/5/12 at 9:27ampost #20038 of 787181/5/12 at 9:44ampost #20039 of 787181/5/12 at 11:04amQuote:
A french pair, by Markowski.Quote:
Not so much in reality, seems to be an optical, photograph-induced illusion :-)Quote:
See above.Quote:Originally Posted by deandbn
I am sad to say it, but your outfit looks really bad.
The Jacket is all lumpy in many places on the shoulders, the sleeves are crumpled and look like they have been ridden over by a bulldozer, the lapels look all stretched, the button is pulling badly.
The Tie, well what happened to the knot, the rear blade is not at the rear.
The Trousers, waist too low, pulling all over the crotch area, badly tailored legs which bulge over the knees and calf muscle.
The Belt is too long for your waist, latched at the 5th hole.
The PS is too close in colour and pattern and pattern size to the Tie.
The Face looks as if it could do with a good shaving. The Hair looks like it could do with a good styling.
The overall impression, dark, scruffy, dirty, ill-fitting, badly made, bad colour co-ordination, bad pattern matching, and no self-respect.
In fact horrible.
At least i had the humor to wear it openly like that.
Guess i deserved this smack in my face. How could i have supposed that i made any progress at all? Whacky me...
More of that illfitting crap of mine goes here....post #20040 of 787181/5/12 at 11:23am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Saint Crispin's Tassel Loafers Excellent Condition Size 9 11 minutes ago
- › Great Suits in Film 14 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 24 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 28 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 47 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 50 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 57 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding