Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:11 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 5:14 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1336post #20026 of 787221/5/12 at 6:31am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #20027 of 787221/5/12 at 6:31ampost #20028 of 787221/5/12 at 6:36amQuote:
I don't know, the photography seems to go with the age of the suit! And it is a lovely suit, I agree. In fact, I've loved both the fits I've seen you post this year (and I've often been a bit dubious about your style choices before).post #20029 of 787221/5/12 at 6:39ampost #20030 of 787221/5/12 at 7:13ampost #20031 of 787221/5/12 at 7:19ampost #20032 of 787221/5/12 at 7:33amQuote:
I have a suit that does the same thing with the pants and I hope a tailor can fix it... is that just poor tailoring or does it also have to do with the fit?post #20033 of 787221/5/12 at 8:33ampost #20034 of 787221/5/12 at 8:47ampost #20035 of 787221/5/12 at 9:02amQuote:Originally Posted by luftvier
Suit looks pretty good for 71 years old. Photography, as always, is lacking.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Moar 71 year old suits, PLEEZ!
This is why I love old movies!
Teh lapelz, dey gotz teh sechs!
Edited by Gdot - 1/5/12 at 9:57ampost #20036 of 787221/5/12 at 9:19ampost #20037 of 787221/5/12 at 9:27ampost #20038 of 787221/5/12 at 9:44ampost #20039 of 787221/5/12 at 11:04amQuote:
A french pair, by Markowski.Quote:
Not so much in reality, seems to be an optical, photograph-induced illusion :-)Quote:
See above.Quote:Originally Posted by deandbn
I am sad to say it, but your outfit looks really bad.
The Jacket is all lumpy in many places on the shoulders, the sleeves are crumpled and look like they have been ridden over by a bulldozer, the lapels look all stretched, the button is pulling badly.
The Tie, well what happened to the knot, the rear blade is not at the rear.
The Trousers, waist too low, pulling all over the crotch area, badly tailored legs which bulge over the knees and calf muscle.
The Belt is too long for your waist, latched at the 5th hole.
The PS is too close in colour and pattern and pattern size to the Tie.
The Face looks as if it could do with a good shaving. The Hair looks like it could do with a good styling.
The overall impression, dark, scruffy, dirty, ill-fitting, badly made, bad colour co-ordination, bad pattern matching, and no self-respect.
In fact horrible.
At least i had the humor to wear it openly like that.
Guess i deserved this smack in my face. How could i have supposed that i made any progress at all? Whacky me...
More of that illfitting crap of mine goes here....post #20040 of 787221/5/12 at 11:23am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Cordovan Care 45 seconds ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 1 minute ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › TRADE: [Filson 256 Tan] FOR [Filson 256 Navy] or [Apolis x Filson 256] 1 minute ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 2 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR... 3 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 6 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 6 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 7 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...