Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 12/2/13 at 4:49pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1327
Styleforum Top Picks
Thank you for your comments.
For the record, the handkerchief is not by Tom Ford. And I certainly look like someone
Allow me to clarify certain issues. I am actually a relatively old Styleforum member (older than most of the people that post in this thread), certainly not reincarnated. I recently abandoned my previous profile. This is, however, truly my third post on Styleforum. The first one (with exactly the same content) was in the "CBD WAYWRN: An Experiment" thread, but it has not (yet) been approved by the moderators -which is necesssary since this is a new account-, and the second contains the outfit pictures that you commented on.
If my attempt at elegance is not disastrous, it is because I have been reading this and other threads for a very long time, carefully judging when I was ready to contribute. I chose New Year's Day. I know that the main purpose of this thread is not for members to critique outfits but for them to inspire each other through and regarding clothes, so I posted an outfit which I considered good. I wish more people were restrained about posting, refraining from doing so unless they were certain their post was (at least somehow) an actual contribution to this thread.
Excuse the delayed reply, I have been meaning to respond but I was busy.
Functioning cuffs, three piece suit, perfect tie dimple, fitted shirt, Tom Ford PS... no one certainly looks like someone.
Are you an old SF member reincarnated?
First 2012 post.
and a big package. I suggest that you refrain from standing around in that pose, at least while you're in polite company.
Well you'll just have to take the pictures in an entirely different style at great expense and at the last minute.
Why does he need a pocket square? I like them, but I don't think everyone else must.
And, unless you also run a law firm, I doubt that he would be well served by substituting your judgment for his own regarding the appropriateness of a square in his professional context.
Of course you are completely correct sugarbutch, but the whole reason to post (for me) is to solicit outside opinions. As much as I think cpt120's fits are light years ahead of mine (though not perfect) in the appropriate context, it would be ridiculous for me to copy. But deandbn doesn't know this, nor is there any reason he would. What I like is his encouragement regarding expressing more passion. I appreciate the encouragement.
Thanks Patrick, for the vote of confidence, maybe i can express my thoughts a bit more eloquently this time.
Sorry sugarbutch I disagree with you because :-
All Lawyers need Pocket Squares Bud. Its called Marketing oneself, they need to look real good, and is the name of the game. A bit of flair here, a bit of fire there, kinda muted peacock. People buy what they can see, and what is it they see, well the lawyer himself of course. There is no other visible product, it's all in his head. He better make a good first impression.
A nice well made, well fitted, meduim to dark suit to show substance and class.
A crisp shirt, well fitting collar, and nice cuffs, with well shined shoes to show attention to detail.
A tie with a well made knot to show a bit of attitude, and with enough of a boner to show he is the boss and means business.
A Pocket Square with a bit of flair here, or a bit of fire there, to show a bit of passion.
Hey even a thick solid folded white hank to show solidarity with the client. (or maybe even to cry into )
Well that is what i would look for in a first impression of a lawyer I was going to pay big bucks to, to protect me, and even if i am not clever enough to be able to verbalize what i am looking for, the overall image is what counts. It does not matter whether i run a law firm or not, this is what i would be looking for, and if i did run a law firm, I should be setting the example, and I would definitely want all my employees to have the same values. That I can tell you for nothing!!
Oh, and one last thought,
The Pen, dont pull out a Bic ballpoint with a chewed end to sign the contract with, make it a decent one.
Oh, and another :-
If you going to want the judge to take you seriously, you better look real serious yourself.
Just my opinion of course sugarbutch, and I am sure you will agree Patrick. Passion as you yourself said.
Now there is a good New Years resolution.
Suit - BBGF
Shirt - BB
Tie - Charvet
PS - Robert Talbott
Cufflinks - The London Badge & Button Co.
Shoes - Harris, via Barney's, NYC
Overcoat - BB
Scarf - Fortnum & Mason
Hat - Selentino
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 2 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › WrongWeather.net, Fashion & Lifestyle for Contemporary Men:... 7 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 13 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 21 minutes ago
- › Forum feels clogged 23 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 25 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 30 minutes ago
- › APC x Carhartt Detroit Jacket, Medium 30 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw