Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:47 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 12:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1325
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19862 of 787211/1/12 at 11:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by Navi
Happy new year everybody! Here's how I dressed up for dinner with the lady.
Also, yes yes skinny tie awful oh god kill it with fire but I'm young and I enjoy it so save your energy.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Best chinese restaurant ever, also our waitress was the literal doppelganger of my ex
Hope everyone had a happy new year.
Congratulations on wearing a skinny tie. This thread seems to have a phobia of anything close to the GQ aesthetic, but I think you did a great job with the tie.post #19863 of 787211/1/12 at 11:44pmfinally got to wear new sportcoat from November, but ony had grey trousers to wear with it for brunch (switched to dark jeans last night, which went together a little better). seemed like too many dark colors.
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
remainder of bottle from last night placed in sportcoat pocket, corked in the room for next day-- what a great country
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
hotel room turned out nice, although there IS the issue of some large french antenna blocking our view from the balcony....
Uploaded with ImageShack.uspost #19864 of 787211/2/12 at 12:43ampost #19865 of 787211/2/12 at 1:32ampost #19866 of 787211/2/12 at 1:33ampost #19867 of 787211/2/12 at 2:56ampost #19868 of 787211/2/12 at 3:19ampost #19869 of 787211/2/12 at 4:45ampost #19870 of 787211/2/12 at 6:21ampost #19871 of 787211/2/12 at 6:52ampost #19872 of 787211/2/12 at 7:33ampost #19873 of 787211/2/12 at 7:39amQuote:
imo the skinny tie is easier to pull off if you are
2. very skinny
3. going for more laid back/non traditional dress/trendy outfit
navi has all 3 going for him in that pic. most posters here are missing at least one of those components.post #19874 of 787211/2/12 at 8:05ampost #19875 of 787211/2/12 at 8:14amTie is tied too long (as I can see it between the quarters of your SC). It could also be a tad skinnier to compliment your physique. You also might look into a new knot as the current one makes the tie look quite wide and blobby. Also I think the material might be a bit too shiny/silky. It really stands out from the rest of your natural, subdued fabrics (tweed and raw denim). It's already red so it will be the focal point. You need not over-do it with that much sheen.
SC is also too short, though I know the shrinking jacket is of-the-moment so I'll assume it is more of a fashion-forward look.
I am also hesitant about rolling jeans while wearing a tie. As a rule I try to avoid wearing a tie with jeans as I think it looks a bit out of place/unbalanced. The roll only makes this worse IMO.
Lastly, if you are going to wear these jeans in this manner they should be hemmed accordingly. Even with the roll there is still significant bunching at the knees and break at the ankle. They should be cut more cleanly like trouser if you're going to wear them in place of trousers.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... just now
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 1 minute ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Ralph Lauren Black Label - Pink Tailored Fit Shirt - 15.5 8 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 10 minutes ago
- › For Sale: Alden x Leffot Snuff Suede Captoe 7.5 B/D 10 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan