Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1325
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19862 of 787221/1/12 at 11:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by Navi
Happy new year everybody! Here's how I dressed up for dinner with the lady.
Also, yes yes skinny tie awful oh god kill it with fire but I'm young and I enjoy it so save your energy.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Best chinese restaurant ever, also our waitress was the literal doppelganger of my ex
Hope everyone had a happy new year.
Congratulations on wearing a skinny tie. This thread seems to have a phobia of anything close to the GQ aesthetic, but I think you did a great job with the tie.post #19863 of 787221/1/12 at 11:44pmfinally got to wear new sportcoat from November, but ony had grey trousers to wear with it for brunch (switched to dark jeans last night, which went together a little better). seemed like too many dark colors.
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
remainder of bottle from last night placed in sportcoat pocket, corked in the room for next day-- what a great country
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
hotel room turned out nice, although there IS the issue of some large french antenna blocking our view from the balcony....
Uploaded with ImageShack.uspost #19864 of 787221/2/12 at 12:43ampost #19865 of 787221/2/12 at 1:32ampost #19866 of 787221/2/12 at 1:33ampost #19867 of 787221/2/12 at 2:56ampost #19868 of 787221/2/12 at 3:19ampost #19869 of 787221/2/12 at 4:45ampost #19870 of 787221/2/12 at 6:21ampost #19871 of 787221/2/12 at 6:52ampost #19872 of 787221/2/12 at 7:33ampost #19873 of 787221/2/12 at 7:39amQuote:
imo the skinny tie is easier to pull off if you are
2. very skinny
3. going for more laid back/non traditional dress/trendy outfit
navi has all 3 going for him in that pic. most posters here are missing at least one of those components.post #19874 of 787221/2/12 at 8:05ampost #19875 of 787221/2/12 at 8:14amTie is tied too long (as I can see it between the quarters of your SC). It could also be a tad skinnier to compliment your physique. You also might look into a new knot as the current one makes the tie look quite wide and blobby. Also I think the material might be a bit too shiny/silky. It really stands out from the rest of your natural, subdued fabrics (tweed and raw denim). It's already red so it will be the focal point. You need not over-do it with that much sheen.
SC is also too short, though I know the shrinking jacket is of-the-moment so I'll assume it is more of a fashion-forward look.
I am also hesitant about rolling jeans while wearing a tie. As a rule I try to avoid wearing a tie with jeans as I think it looks a bit out of place/unbalanced. The roll only makes this worse IMO.
Lastly, if you are going to wear these jeans in this manner they should be hemmed accordingly. Even with the roll there is still significant bunching at the knees and break at the ankle. They should be cut more cleanly like trouser if you're going to wear them in place of trousers.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The Official Classic Men's Coats Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cable triceps the wait isn't as important as 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 9 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 11 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 11 minutes ago
- › Brooks Brothers Black Fleece Thom Browne Italy Blue Stripe Suit 38R... 12 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 13 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...