Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:23 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1325post #19862 of 787171/1/12 at 11:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by Navi
Happy new year everybody! Here's how I dressed up for dinner with the lady.
Also, yes yes skinny tie awful oh god kill it with fire but I'm young and I enjoy it so save your energy.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Best chinese restaurant ever, also our waitress was the literal doppelganger of my ex
Hope everyone had a happy new year.
Congratulations on wearing a skinny tie. This thread seems to have a phobia of anything close to the GQ aesthetic, but I think you did a great job with the tie.post #19863 of 787171/1/12 at 11:44pmfinally got to wear new sportcoat from November, but ony had grey trousers to wear with it for brunch (switched to dark jeans last night, which went together a little better). seemed like too many dark colors.
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
remainder of bottle from last night placed in sportcoat pocket, corked in the room for next day-- what a great country
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
hotel room turned out nice, although there IS the issue of some large french antenna blocking our view from the balcony....
Uploaded with ImageShack.uspost #19864 of 787171/2/12 at 12:43ampost #19865 of 787171/2/12 at 1:32ampost #19866 of 787171/2/12 at 1:33ampost #19867 of 787171/2/12 at 2:56ampost #19868 of 787171/2/12 at 3:19ampost #19869 of 787171/2/12 at 4:45ampost #19870 of 787171/2/12 at 6:21ampost #19871 of 787171/2/12 at 6:52ampost #19872 of 787171/2/12 at 7:33ampost #19873 of 787171/2/12 at 7:39amQuote:
imo the skinny tie is easier to pull off if you are
2. very skinny
3. going for more laid back/non traditional dress/trendy outfit
navi has all 3 going for him in that pic. most posters here are missing at least one of those components.post #19874 of 787171/2/12 at 8:05ampost #19875 of 787171/2/12 at 8:14amTie is tied too long (as I can see it between the quarters of your SC). It could also be a tad skinnier to compliment your physique. You also might look into a new knot as the current one makes the tie look quite wide and blobby. Also I think the material might be a bit too shiny/silky. It really stands out from the rest of your natural, subdued fabrics (tweed and raw denim). It's already red so it will be the focal point. You need not over-do it with that much sheen.
SC is also too short, though I know the shrinking jacket is of-the-moment so I'll assume it is more of a fashion-forward look.
I am also hesitant about rolling jeans while wearing a tie. As a rule I try to avoid wearing a tie with jeans as I think it looks a bit out of place/unbalanced. The roll only makes this worse IMO.
Lastly, if you are going to wear these jeans in this manner they should be hemmed accordingly. Even with the roll there is still significant bunching at the knees and break at the ankle. They should be cut more cleanly like trouser if you're going to wear them in place of trousers.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 28 seconds ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 4 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge 2016/09/30 - "Blue and Green Now Must Be Seen" 6 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...