or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 133

post #1981 of 75853
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyver00 View Post
Thanks for all the input, at least I didn't get ripped apart I've tried it again with a different jacket and no tie. Also changed my pants too, I think this is actually better than my first attempt. Here is the first attempt. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I had a vest like that on today in a Goodwill for five bux and decided against it. You're making me rethink it.
post #1982 of 75853
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


This looks incredibly good. How do you get such a clean line on those pants? Is it just a matter of getting the break right?
post #1983 of 75853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidus View Post
This looks incredibly good. How do you get such a clean line on those pants? Is it just a matter of getting the break right?
There's a rumor that he trains his clothing using the principles of pack leadership, comprised of exercise, discipline and affection, in that order. He is...


...The Clothes Whisperer.
post #1984 of 75853
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyver00 View Post
Thanks for all the input, at least I didn't get ripped apart I've tried it again with a different jacket and no tie. Also changed my pants too, I think this is actually better than my first attempt.

Here is the first attempt.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


2nd attempt, with the knitted vest because the weather here is still quite windy.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I think you had it right the first time...
post #1985 of 75853
SF meat up: who is who?
post #1986 of 75853
Guessing you're the black monks?
post #1987 of 75853
Quote:
Originally Posted by luftvier View Post
Today's shots brought to you by the color digestive enzyme green. Bulging in jacket pocket is caused by my keys.
Nice looking suit, but too much waist suppression. Especially given the lapel width. The curved waist gives you womanly hips, even with the other B&W pic I think it's a combo of too much suppression and the particular shape/angle of it too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndw View Post
No doubt - shit is rare - like diamonds - Bad phone shots for, Ed.
wow, daym, i do love that tie!
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
best news I've heard all day.
lol, +1. Holdfast, I'm not a big fan of the tie. although, I think it could be used differently. instead of with a solid shirt, try it with a gingham or checkered shirt or something. might look less 'prom-y'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post
You could get the stitch repaired. I have had this done on many ties.
shhhh, don't tell him!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
SF meat up:
I'll bet one of them was Freud
post #1988 of 75853
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvrhye View Post
Guessing you're the black monks?

I don't think I've ever seen Spoo wear double monks... unless they're new, which is possible. If I had to guess, I'd say Spoo is on the left in the black wingtip, NYR is at the bottom in the longwing, I've seen Crusty wear double monks like that and they're all in new york, so I'll throw him as the top. Which leaves me stumped on the right.
post #1989 of 75853
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoozy View Post
I think the SC is not only awesome, but the whole fit looks good. Hope you keep things at about this level since it still says spoozy without dizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navi View Post
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




God my camera is so terrible, and somehow the sun knows whenever I plan on taking a picture and hides behind clouds the rest of the fuckin day.

You're getting better. White square is a touch in the right direction Add a white shirt instead of the one you have now and you're good to go.
post #1990 of 75853

…..


Edited by Marshall Anthony - 3/6/12 at 2:56pm
post #1991 of 75853

…..


Edited by Marshall Anthony - 3/6/12 at 2:56pm
post #1992 of 75853
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvrhye View Post
Guessing you're the black monks?
That'd be my guess too. Are the bottom ones NYR??? Seem like his sorta style.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeglus View Post
You're getting better. White square is a touch in the right direction Add a white shirt instead of the one you have now and you're good to go.
Thanks man, I'm slowly getting there, kinda puttering along as I upgrade different areas of my wardrobe slowly. Working on getting some decent suits and SC's, and getting them tailored right now, along with funding some new shoes. Going to get the waist taken in a tad on the jacket tomorrow, the trousers need some work as well, need to get the waist let out a bit, also going to hem + cuff them by hand tomorrow. Thinking 2" cuffs to help them drape nicely. I also kind of dislike white shirts, find them really boring, so I don't have any that fit me well. I'm going to pick one up soon, though. Wish I had one of those raw navy silk Panta ties, think it would look killer with this suit!
post #1993 of 75853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navi View Post
That'd be my guess too. Are the bottom ones NYR??? Seem like his sorta style.

Bold patterned suit, sleeker last shape, no cuffs and Spoo's been talking about monks for months. Hence my guess.
post #1994 of 75853
Quote:
Originally Posted by mktitsworth View Post
I don't think I've ever seen Spoo wear double monks... unless they're new, which is possible. If I had to guess, I'd say Spoo is on the left in the black wingtip, NYR is at the bottom in the longwing, I've seen Crusty wear double monks like that and they're all in new york, so I'll throw him as the top. Which leaves me stumped on the right.
I'd switch out the monks; I think Crusty is in the brown monks on the right, and the top shoe's a mystery. (Unless it's Spoo, LOL.)
post #1995 of 75853
Quote:
Originally Posted by mktitsworth View Post
I don't think I've ever seen Spoo wear double monks... unless they're new, which is possible. If I had to guess, I'd say Spoo is on the left in the black wingtip, NYR is at the bottom in the longwing, I've seen Crusty wear double monks like that and they're all in new york, so I'll throw him as the top. Which leaves me stumped on the right.

Cigarette butts below the person on top and on the right... Which people smoke?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III