Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1279post #19171 of 7872412/20/11 at 9:24am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19172 of 7872412/20/11 at 9:38amQuote:Originally Posted by Garsson
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Tie: Ralph Lauren. Shirt: Stafford. Pocket Square: No label. Belt: Made by myself. Jeans: Uniqlo.
The patterns clash very badly. The spacing between the dots on the tie is the exact same size as the checks on the waistcoat.post #19173 of 7872412/20/11 at 9:48ampost #19174 of 7872412/20/11 at 10:19ampost #19175 of 7872412/20/11 at 10:41ampost #19176 of 7872412/20/11 at 10:43amQuote:Originally Posted by pcar0550
I do in fact appreciate both yours and CD's comments greatly, exactly what I was hoping for.
Pocket squares and bright socks are something I think I will have to work up to but, hopefully, I will eventually be able to pull off. So, with what you said about the knot, would you agree with my use of the double FIH or what do you think would work better? I also picked up two pairs of AE oxfords last night, the players in black and the clifton in a darker brown. I figured one black and one brown would be a good start, I have a third that I am contemplating picking up in black.
As for pics, sorry, that was a last minute decision to post from the office without a flash and terrible lighting. Today I will see if my **functioning** digital camera is charged, and if so, see if I fare any better today.
And LOL I read ALOT of the previous posts in this thread and saw several newbs get torn a new one, so I came prepared expecting the same.
I'd suggest a half-windsor. As the other poster pointed out, the point collar really wouldn't be very receptive to a big 'ol double-windsor, but a half-windsor would make the tie look more classy without, in my opnion, overpowering the collar.post #19177 of 7872412/20/11 at 10:45ampost #19178 of 7872412/20/11 at 10:51amQuote:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thanks! It's a wool tweed from Soia & Kyo, a Canadian label. It isn't well-known, so it has to rely on things like high-quality construction, superb fits, and interesting styles to attract customers. I would have preferred a coat from Paul Smith, but this was slightly cheaper.post #19179 of 7872412/20/11 at 10:52ampost #19180 of 7872412/20/11 at 10:53ampost #19181 of 7872412/20/11 at 10:53ampost #19182 of 7872412/20/11 at 11:06amQuote:
There really is no situation where a windsor, half or full, can not be replaced by a 4ih, or double 4ih. It's a matter of taste really, and 4ih is really the more traditional knot of the two.post #19183 of 7872412/20/11 at 11:07amQuote:Originally Posted by TwoStep
2Step (Click to show)
It is too high, the buttoning point. Nice colors, though.Quote:Originally Posted by oldog/oldtrix
o/o (Click to show)
Yes.Quote:Originally Posted by pcar0550
Alright... hopefully today is a bit better... still prepared to get pwned lol
pcar (Click to show)
(Longer: Pants are too long. Jacket is too long. Sleeves are too long. Shoulders too wide. Also, lens on full-length shot makes you look oddly two-dimensional and distorted in an Gumby-like fashion. EDIT: Are both buttons fastened on the jacket? Please, no.)post #19184 of 7872412/20/11 at 11:08ampost #19185 of 7872412/20/11 at 11:12amQuote:
From one noob to another, in all charity:
1) The pants are too long-the back hem should be a couple of inches off the ground, not hanging over the heel and bunching up in front.
2) The sleeves are too long. I'd say they could be shortened by at least an inch-maybe more like two.
3) The two-button jacket should only have the top button buttoned. This applies to all two-button jackets currently residing in the Milky Way or neighboring galaxies.
4) Brown shoes (imho) would look better. It has been in vogue, for several years now, to wear brown shoes with just about everything. The shade of brown depends on the context, of course.
Also, the shoulders might be too big, but it's hard to tell from the photos.
Love the shirt/tie/suit color combination! Keep posting.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › 'Posting Up' at the Club / Bar - Let's Discuss 24 seconds ago
- › Apolis | Official Affiliate Thread 35 seconds ago
- › Show us how you roll in EG 36 seconds ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 51 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 58 seconds ago
- › Shoe polish / shoe shine in London? 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Burberry Prorsum Blazer 44-46 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 3 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)