Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1279post #19171 of 7871712/20/11 at 9:24ampost #19172 of 7871712/20/11 at 9:38amQuote:Originally Posted by Garsson
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Tie: Ralph Lauren. Shirt: Stafford. Pocket Square: No label. Belt: Made by myself. Jeans: Uniqlo.
The patterns clash very badly. The spacing between the dots on the tie is the exact same size as the checks on the waistcoat.post #19173 of 7871712/20/11 at 9:48ampost #19174 of 7871712/20/11 at 10:19ampost #19175 of 7871712/20/11 at 10:41ampost #19176 of 7871712/20/11 at 10:43amQuote:Originally Posted by pcar0550
I do in fact appreciate both yours and CD's comments greatly, exactly what I was hoping for.
Pocket squares and bright socks are something I think I will have to work up to but, hopefully, I will eventually be able to pull off. So, with what you said about the knot, would you agree with my use of the double FIH or what do you think would work better? I also picked up two pairs of AE oxfords last night, the players in black and the clifton in a darker brown. I figured one black and one brown would be a good start, I have a third that I am contemplating picking up in black.
As for pics, sorry, that was a last minute decision to post from the office without a flash and terrible lighting. Today I will see if my **functioning** digital camera is charged, and if so, see if I fare any better today.
And LOL I read ALOT of the previous posts in this thread and saw several newbs get torn a new one, so I came prepared expecting the same.
I'd suggest a half-windsor. As the other poster pointed out, the point collar really wouldn't be very receptive to a big 'ol double-windsor, but a half-windsor would make the tie look more classy without, in my opnion, overpowering the collar.post #19177 of 7871712/20/11 at 10:45ampost #19178 of 7871712/20/11 at 10:51amQuote:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thanks! It's a wool tweed from Soia & Kyo, a Canadian label. It isn't well-known, so it has to rely on things like high-quality construction, superb fits, and interesting styles to attract customers. I would have preferred a coat from Paul Smith, but this was slightly cheaper.post #19179 of 7871712/20/11 at 10:52ampost #19180 of 7871712/20/11 at 10:53ampost #19181 of 7871712/20/11 at 10:53ampost #19182 of 7871712/20/11 at 11:06amQuote:
There really is no situation where a windsor, half or full, can not be replaced by a 4ih, or double 4ih. It's a matter of taste really, and 4ih is really the more traditional knot of the two.post #19183 of 7871712/20/11 at 11:07amQuote:Originally Posted by TwoStep
2Step (Click to show)
It is too high, the buttoning point. Nice colors, though.Quote:Originally Posted by oldog/oldtrix
o/o (Click to show)
Yes.Quote:Originally Posted by pcar0550
Alright... hopefully today is a bit better... still prepared to get pwned lol
pcar (Click to show)
(Longer: Pants are too long. Jacket is too long. Sleeves are too long. Shoulders too wide. Also, lens on full-length shot makes you look oddly two-dimensional and distorted in an Gumby-like fashion. EDIT: Are both buttons fastened on the jacket? Please, no.)post #19184 of 7871712/20/11 at 11:08ampost #19185 of 7871712/20/11 at 11:12amQuote:
From one noob to another, in all charity:
1) The pants are too long-the back hem should be a couple of inches off the ground, not hanging over the heel and bunching up in front.
2) The sleeves are too long. I'd say they could be shortened by at least an inch-maybe more like two.
3) The two-button jacket should only have the top button buttoned. This applies to all two-button jackets currently residing in the Milky Way or neighboring galaxies.
4) Brown shoes (imho) would look better. It has been in vogue, for several years now, to wear brown shoes with just about everything. The shade of brown depends on the context, of course.
Also, the shoulders might be too big, but it's hard to tell from the photos.
Love the shirt/tie/suit color combination! Keep posting.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 59 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 2 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 13 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 27 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding