Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:40 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1279post #19171 of 7872112/20/11 at 9:24am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19172 of 7872112/20/11 at 9:38amQuote:Originally Posted by Garsson
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Tie: Ralph Lauren. Shirt: Stafford. Pocket Square: No label. Belt: Made by myself. Jeans: Uniqlo.
The patterns clash very badly. The spacing between the dots on the tie is the exact same size as the checks on the waistcoat.post #19173 of 7872112/20/11 at 9:48ampost #19174 of 7872112/20/11 at 10:19ampost #19175 of 7872112/20/11 at 10:41ampost #19176 of 7872112/20/11 at 10:43amQuote:Originally Posted by pcar0550
I do in fact appreciate both yours and CD's comments greatly, exactly what I was hoping for.
Pocket squares and bright socks are something I think I will have to work up to but, hopefully, I will eventually be able to pull off. So, with what you said about the knot, would you agree with my use of the double FIH or what do you think would work better? I also picked up two pairs of AE oxfords last night, the players in black and the clifton in a darker brown. I figured one black and one brown would be a good start, I have a third that I am contemplating picking up in black.
As for pics, sorry, that was a last minute decision to post from the office without a flash and terrible lighting. Today I will see if my **functioning** digital camera is charged, and if so, see if I fare any better today.
And LOL I read ALOT of the previous posts in this thread and saw several newbs get torn a new one, so I came prepared expecting the same.
I'd suggest a half-windsor. As the other poster pointed out, the point collar really wouldn't be very receptive to a big 'ol double-windsor, but a half-windsor would make the tie look more classy without, in my opnion, overpowering the collar.post #19177 of 7872112/20/11 at 10:45ampost #19178 of 7872112/20/11 at 10:51amQuote:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thanks! It's a wool tweed from Soia & Kyo, a Canadian label. It isn't well-known, so it has to rely on things like high-quality construction, superb fits, and interesting styles to attract customers. I would have preferred a coat from Paul Smith, but this was slightly cheaper.post #19179 of 7872112/20/11 at 10:52ampost #19180 of 7872112/20/11 at 10:53ampost #19181 of 7872112/20/11 at 10:53ampost #19182 of 7872112/20/11 at 11:06amQuote:
There really is no situation where a windsor, half or full, can not be replaced by a 4ih, or double 4ih. It's a matter of taste really, and 4ih is really the more traditional knot of the two.post #19183 of 7872112/20/11 at 11:07amQuote:Originally Posted by TwoStep
2Step (Click to show)
It is too high, the buttoning point. Nice colors, though.Quote:Originally Posted by oldog/oldtrix
o/o (Click to show)
Yes.Quote:Originally Posted by pcar0550
Alright... hopefully today is a bit better... still prepared to get pwned lol
pcar (Click to show)
(Longer: Pants are too long. Jacket is too long. Sleeves are too long. Shoulders too wide. Also, lens on full-length shot makes you look oddly two-dimensional and distorted in an Gumby-like fashion. EDIT: Are both buttons fastened on the jacket? Please, no.)post #19184 of 7872112/20/11 at 11:08ampost #19185 of 7872112/20/11 at 11:12amQuote:
From one noob to another, in all charity:
1) The pants are too long-the back hem should be a couple of inches off the ground, not hanging over the heel and bunching up in front.
2) The sleeves are too long. I'd say they could be shortened by at least an inch-maybe more like two.
3) The two-button jacket should only have the top button buttoned. This applies to all two-button jackets currently residing in the Milky Way or neighboring galaxies.
4) Brown shoes (imho) would look better. It has been in vogue, for several years now, to wear brown shoes with just about everything. The shade of brown depends on the context, of course.
Also, the shoulders might be too big, but it's hard to tell from the photos.
Love the shirt/tie/suit color combination! Keep posting.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 37 seconds ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 3 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 6 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 12 minutes ago
- › Inverallan 16 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 16 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 23 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 25 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 28 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 30 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015