He seems to be holding his camera with two hands, high in front of him.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1270
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19037 of 7872312/18/11 at 2:35pmpost #19038 of 7872312/18/11 at 2:46pmpost #19039 of 7872312/18/11 at 3:20pmQuote:
This is probably one of those cases where the grass is always greener ...
As a skinny guy, it seems to me that most American clothing (except for J. Crew, of course) is cut big and boxy in order to accommodate the larger average girth of my countrymen. I'm sure it's all just a matter of perspective.Quote:
Let me guess -- you speak only English and have never tried to express yourself in someone else's language. Wake up and smell the idioms, dude. It's a big world out there and meaning changes with context and translation.
One time in Guatemala I tried to inform a young boy that he was welcome to share a seat with me on a crowded chicken bus -- a risky enough proposition under the best of circumstances. I patted the seat next to me and said what I thought was, "Would you care to sit down?" in Spanish. He looked horrified and backed away slowly. I was later told that I had asked him if he "wanted to feel." True story.
I used to think the whole thing was pretty funny, but you've helped me to realize that I wasn't being responsible for my words, so now I'm ashamed.Quote:
Oh I think we've got you pretty well figured.post #19040 of 7872312/18/11 at 3:23pmpost #19041 of 7872312/18/11 at 3:38pmpost #19042 of 7872312/18/11 at 3:41pmpost #19043 of 7872312/18/11 at 3:52pmpost #19044 of 7872312/18/11 at 4:01pmQuote:
It is like the camera is aimed upwards, so it seems to be held outwards and a little below level. The sleeve seems to be binding in the high upper arm, which looks uncomfortable. Excessive cloth that moved up there which shouldn't be there. I would ask the tailor to start looking through his books and ask other tailors- to find the answer. Some tailors don't have this problems with sleeves.post #19045 of 7872312/18/11 at 4:11pm
No. And particularly since I said nothing about right/wrong, thanks for demonstrating my point for me.post #19046 of 7872312/18/11 at 4:14pmpost #19047 of 7872312/18/11 at 4:32pmpost #19048 of 7872312/18/11 at 4:38pmQuote:
Hmm, I guess I went crazy and drew an inference from your post. Although I agree Clint could have been more politic in his initial response, better Johny learn here than learn the hard way on a trip to the States.post #19049 of 7872312/18/11 at 4:40pmQuote:
hmmh, greener. from my personal experience. i have a bull neck, shirts, collar = 50 cm = 20 inch.
i have wide/ broad shoulders. jacket size EU 56 = US 46?, drop is eight within stomach.
hardly to get off the rack.
conclusion: a (beer)stomach is my least concern.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1034 Active Users (163 Members and 871 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 4 minutes ago
- › Fantasy English Premier League - come join Stylish Gentlemen 5 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 13 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Technical Outerwear 28 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 30 minutes ago
- › New Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece Navy Staple Suits Long Sizes 39... 30 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 35 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)