He seems to be holding his camera with two hands, high in front of him.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:11 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 2:08 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1270
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19037 of 7872212/18/11 at 2:35pmpost #19038 of 7872212/18/11 at 2:46pmpost #19039 of 7872212/18/11 at 3:20pmQuote:
This is probably one of those cases where the grass is always greener ...
As a skinny guy, it seems to me that most American clothing (except for J. Crew, of course) is cut big and boxy in order to accommodate the larger average girth of my countrymen. I'm sure it's all just a matter of perspective.Quote:
Let me guess -- you speak only English and have never tried to express yourself in someone else's language. Wake up and smell the idioms, dude. It's a big world out there and meaning changes with context and translation.
One time in Guatemala I tried to inform a young boy that he was welcome to share a seat with me on a crowded chicken bus -- a risky enough proposition under the best of circumstances. I patted the seat next to me and said what I thought was, "Would you care to sit down?" in Spanish. He looked horrified and backed away slowly. I was later told that I had asked him if he "wanted to feel." True story.
I used to think the whole thing was pretty funny, but you've helped me to realize that I wasn't being responsible for my words, so now I'm ashamed.Quote:
Oh I think we've got you pretty well figured.post #19040 of 7872212/18/11 at 3:23pmpost #19041 of 7872212/18/11 at 3:38pmpost #19042 of 7872212/18/11 at 3:41pmpost #19043 of 7872212/18/11 at 3:52pmpost #19044 of 7872212/18/11 at 4:01pmQuote:
It is like the camera is aimed upwards, so it seems to be held outwards and a little below level. The sleeve seems to be binding in the high upper arm, which looks uncomfortable. Excessive cloth that moved up there which shouldn't be there. I would ask the tailor to start looking through his books and ask other tailors- to find the answer. Some tailors don't have this problems with sleeves.post #19045 of 7872212/18/11 at 4:11pm
No. And particularly since I said nothing about right/wrong, thanks for demonstrating my point for me.post #19046 of 7872212/18/11 at 4:14pmpost #19047 of 7872212/18/11 at 4:32pmpost #19048 of 7872212/18/11 at 4:38pmQuote:
Hmm, I guess I went crazy and drew an inference from your post. Although I agree Clint could have been more politic in his initial response, better Johny learn here than learn the hard way on a trip to the States.post #19049 of 7872212/18/11 at 4:40pmQuote:
hmmh, greener. from my personal experience. i have a bull neck, shirts, collar = 50 cm = 20 inch.
i have wide/ broad shoulders. jacket size EU 56 = US 46?, drop is eight within stomach.
hardly to get off the rack.
conclusion: a (beer)stomach is my least concern.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1748 Active Users (447 Members and 1301 Guests)
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 21 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 1 minute ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › Post your photography skills! (self-gloss) 7 minutes ago
- › Bourbon. 7 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 7 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...