sorry to correct your grammer but I think that should have read: need me one of them bespoke suits.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:27 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1267post #18991 of 7871712/17/11 at 10:18ampost #18992 of 7871712/17/11 at 10:18ampost #18993 of 7871712/17/11 at 10:59ampost #18994 of 7871712/17/11 at 11:27am
From what I can see this looks good indeed. But if you can push the envelope this much (suede shoes, light gray windowpane suit), a pocket square shouldn't be a problem. If you compare this suit with your previous fits, you can see what people were referring to when discussing lapels bowing.post #18995 of 7871712/17/11 at 12:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by Jamesgatz
From what I can see this looks good indeed. But if you can push the envelope this much (suede shoes, light gray windowpane suit), a pocket square shouldn't be a problem. If you compare this suit with your previous fits, you can see what people were referring to when discussing lapels bowing.
Looking at the older fits, some of it is my posture. Some of it. The angle of this shot sure helps.
Its funny here. They admire and compliment my attire a lot, but there are only two of us who will occasionally wear pocket squares. Maybe they just need to become accustomed to seeing them?
Seems like you can't go wrong with a white cotton square.post #18996 of 7871712/17/11 at 1:13pmpost #18997 of 7871712/17/11 at 2:23pmQuote:
Posture again with the tie over the belt thing. Standing now, and it barely touches the top of the belt.
Not of fan of the DFIH. I like the heft and shape of a half windsor. Nice point though.post #18998 of 7871712/17/11 at 3:32pmpost #18999 of 7871712/17/11 at 4:10pmpost #19000 of 7871712/17/11 at 7:54pm
The jacket sleeves aren't as short as they look-they are being pushed up by the French cuffs.
The tie is already on death row, and will be incineration as soon as a suitable red replacement can be acquired
The socks look better in person, so please forgive the vilification commited by the camera.
Question: are the pants too short?post #19001 of 7871712/17/11 at 8:08pmpost #19002 of 7871712/17/11 at 8:21pmpost #19003 of 7871712/17/11 at 8:31pmpost #19004 of 7871712/17/11 at 8:47pmCD
The trouser length is fine. Yes, replace the tie.
I don't believe the sleeves on that jacket are even close to working, even without the french cuffs. The jacket sleeve should end on your wrist bone when your arms are relaxed at your side. You should show about 1/2" of shirt cuff beyond that. Until you get this sorted out the ensemble is really off.
Edited by Gdot - 12/17/11 at 9:01pmpost #19005 of 7871712/17/11 at 8:59pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 3 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 12 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 18 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge 23th of September 2016 - 'The Great Outdoors' 18 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 20 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 23 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...