sorry to correct your grammer but I think that should have read: need me one of them bespoke suits.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:05 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1267post #18991 of 7872112/17/11 at 10:18am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18992 of 7872112/17/11 at 10:18ampost #18993 of 7872112/17/11 at 10:59ampost #18994 of 7872112/17/11 at 11:27am
From what I can see this looks good indeed. But if you can push the envelope this much (suede shoes, light gray windowpane suit), a pocket square shouldn't be a problem. If you compare this suit with your previous fits, you can see what people were referring to when discussing lapels bowing.post #18995 of 7872112/17/11 at 12:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by Jamesgatz
From what I can see this looks good indeed. But if you can push the envelope this much (suede shoes, light gray windowpane suit), a pocket square shouldn't be a problem. If you compare this suit with your previous fits, you can see what people were referring to when discussing lapels bowing.
Looking at the older fits, some of it is my posture. Some of it. The angle of this shot sure helps.
Its funny here. They admire and compliment my attire a lot, but there are only two of us who will occasionally wear pocket squares. Maybe they just need to become accustomed to seeing them?
Seems like you can't go wrong with a white cotton square.post #18996 of 7872112/17/11 at 1:13pmpost #18997 of 7872112/17/11 at 2:23pmQuote:
Posture again with the tie over the belt thing. Standing now, and it barely touches the top of the belt.
Not of fan of the DFIH. I like the heft and shape of a half windsor. Nice point though.post #18998 of 7872112/17/11 at 3:32pmpost #18999 of 7872112/17/11 at 4:10pmpost #19000 of 7872112/17/11 at 7:54pm
The jacket sleeves aren't as short as they look-they are being pushed up by the French cuffs.
The tie is already on death row, and will be incineration as soon as a suitable red replacement can be acquired
The socks look better in person, so please forgive the vilification commited by the camera.
Question: are the pants too short?post #19001 of 7872112/17/11 at 8:08pmpost #19002 of 7872112/17/11 at 8:21pmpost #19003 of 7872112/17/11 at 8:31pmpost #19004 of 7872112/17/11 at 8:47pmCD
The trouser length is fine. Yes, replace the tie.
I don't believe the sleeves on that jacket are even close to working, even without the french cuffs. The jacket sleeve should end on your wrist bone when your arms are relaxed at your side. You should show about 1/2" of shirt cuff beyond that. Until you get this sorted out the ensemble is really off.
Edited by Gdot - 12/17/11 at 9:01pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Australian Members 41 seconds ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 41 seconds ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Help Please for a bespoke Dinner Jacket (tuxedo) 26 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 31 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 40 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 42 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 45 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...