sorry to correct your grammer but I think that should have read: need me one of them bespoke suits.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:58 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1267post #18991 of 7872212/17/11 at 10:18am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18992 of 7872212/17/11 at 10:18ampost #18993 of 7872212/17/11 at 10:59ampost #18994 of 7872212/17/11 at 11:27am
From what I can see this looks good indeed. But if you can push the envelope this much (suede shoes, light gray windowpane suit), a pocket square shouldn't be a problem. If you compare this suit with your previous fits, you can see what people were referring to when discussing lapels bowing.post #18995 of 7872212/17/11 at 12:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by Jamesgatz
From what I can see this looks good indeed. But if you can push the envelope this much (suede shoes, light gray windowpane suit), a pocket square shouldn't be a problem. If you compare this suit with your previous fits, you can see what people were referring to when discussing lapels bowing.
Looking at the older fits, some of it is my posture. Some of it. The angle of this shot sure helps.
Its funny here. They admire and compliment my attire a lot, but there are only two of us who will occasionally wear pocket squares. Maybe they just need to become accustomed to seeing them?
Seems like you can't go wrong with a white cotton square.post #18996 of 7872212/17/11 at 1:13pmpost #18997 of 7872212/17/11 at 2:23pmQuote:
Posture again with the tie over the belt thing. Standing now, and it barely touches the top of the belt.
Not of fan of the DFIH. I like the heft and shape of a half windsor. Nice point though.post #18998 of 7872212/17/11 at 3:32pmpost #18999 of 7872212/17/11 at 4:10pmpost #19000 of 7872212/17/11 at 7:54pm
The jacket sleeves aren't as short as they look-they are being pushed up by the French cuffs.
The tie is already on death row, and will be incineration as soon as a suitable red replacement can be acquired
The socks look better in person, so please forgive the vilification commited by the camera.
Question: are the pants too short?post #19001 of 7872212/17/11 at 8:08pmpost #19002 of 7872212/17/11 at 8:21pmpost #19003 of 7872212/17/11 at 8:31pmpost #19004 of 7872212/17/11 at 8:47pmCD
The trouser length is fine. Yes, replace the tie.
I don't believe the sleeves on that jacket are even close to working, even without the french cuffs. The jacket sleeve should end on your wrist bone when your arms are relaxed at your side. You should show about 1/2" of shirt cuff beyond that. Until you get this sorted out the ensemble is really off.
Edited by Gdot - 12/17/11 at 9:01pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 7 seconds ago
- › The 10 Best White Shirts for Every Body Type 20 seconds ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 26 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 48 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 54 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Top quality dress pants brands 5 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 5 minutes ago
- › BN collection of Drakes' scarves (and more) 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...