Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/31/12 at 5:14pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 1/30/13 at 10:57pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Edited on 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Edited on 5/31/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Cedarville Store
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1264
Speaking of lowering the tone, something a bit bold for the end of the week - in the continuum between subdued and garish, I've gone back towards garish. The color is most accurate in the close-up of the suit, shirt and tie. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Tie - Thomas Pink
Shirt - Lewin
Cufflinks - Burberry
Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman
Hat - Scala
Scarf - Ede & Ravenscroft
Overcoat - BB
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I don't think this is garish at all. I like it quite a bit, actually. You have an enviable (well, except maybe to FlyingMonkey, who wants for nothing here) collection of scarves. Because of you I have been tempted to purchase fine silk scarves, both to wear and to provide adequate bedding for my myriad conquests.
Thanks. As people generally liked the photos of the new suit, I thought it might be instructive to compare it to a bespoke Ede from about 5 years ago that I haven't had fine-tuned since purchase and decided to wear today. A careful eye will reveal some of the small changes that a few extra years has wrought upon me.
And now the robofitpics of this older suit:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
For reference, the new suit pics from a couple of days ago are here.
And finally, a bonus pic of today's outerwear for the freezing weather...
Chest feels great. It's the pants that need to be 'unslimmed' a bit.
Agreed on the collar points. It's the shirts I've been buying. I'm replacing them one at a time.
Thanks for the he response. I enjoy your posts quite a bit.
I looked at your earlier fits as well as today's. If I could put my finger on one thing that I think you could best be focusing on it would be proportions and the relationships of each item to the other.
In today's fit your top half seems overly large to your bottom half. You may not have the best build for the super skinny pant look. I find this look only seems to work on those who are super skinny on top. In addition it seems to look best with a jacket that is on the short side - which yours is not. I'm not a super fan of short jackets in general so I suggest slightly wider trouser legs are the answer here.
You might also consider a wider tie - particularly with this particular jacket. As a general rule most find that the tie looks best when it is a similar width to the lapel. (With some lattitude of course.)
I rather like the shirt color and the shoes are working for you. Can you wear a square in your environment? A little more dash wouldn't hurt..although I seem to recall that you work in a very conservative environment and thus squares may be too much. In that case I would recommend that you look at adding a little pattern in your ties if possible (neats and stripes should work in a conservative environment.)
Hope this helps.
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 1 minute ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 3 minutes ago
- › The Ovadia & Sons Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 8 minutes ago
- › Underwear color 12 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 15 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 17 minutes ago
- › Recent non-Sartorialist Looks 17 minutes ago
- › Siki Im Single Hidden Button Blazer - Gray - Size 1 (44-46) 18 minutes ago
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › Momotaro 702 (15.7 oz, Deep Indigo) by El Argentino
- › J. Crew Ludlow by collin9338
- › To Boot New York Men's Sawyer Boot,Parma Doc Teak 432,9.5 M US by baronbvp
- › Style Icon - Brian Trunzo by hollypowell
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear) by alyssaw