Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:53 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 1:04 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1242
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18617 of 7872112/11/11 at 12:22pmQuote:
Cheers. And that's actually something I've been thinking to do.
Slacks are bought from h&m few years ago. Socs are Falke.Quote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
"looks good."Quote:Originally Posted by EFV
Thanks guys!post #18618 of 7872112/11/11 at 12:25pmQuote:
That tie is one of the sexiest things I have laid eyes upon.
Yes, I came out from the woodworks just to say that.
also this:post #18619 of 7872112/11/11 at 12:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by Nerestro
Hello there. My name's Florian and I'm from Austria.
It's my first post here in this thread and first of all I want to apologise for the crappy pictures. But I hope you give me much feedback.
The suit is actually dark blue.
More! (Click to show)
Looks good to me. Conservative, yet not at all stuffy. European gentlement usually know how to dress well.
One question-what color are your shoes?post #18620 of 7872112/11/11 at 12:35pmQuote:
Something's wrong with the tie knot... maybe it needs to be tightened.
Also, I'd say the orange in the pocket square doesn't jibe with the subdued nature of the rest of the ensemble. Perhaps red or forest green would have been a better choice (IMHO).post #18621 of 7872112/11/11 at 12:48pmQuote:
I've got only 3 pair of good shoes, so don't be surprised: Oxblood full brouges. Next time I'll post a picture of them
Thanks also for the PS advice!post #18622 of 7872112/11/11 at 1:22pmpost #18623 of 7872112/11/11 at 2:26pm
not very wintery but wanted to wear my new jacket
the silk/wool blend tie from land's end ... didn't hold a dimple well
will try knotting it better next time
oh and no PS today... put my white linen .. then white silk.. then decided against it dirty mirror shot (Click to show)jacket is too tight with a sweater underneath ... need to just wait til spring to wear it properly
in natural light
i need more wool pants in different colors
and yes, i need to clean the mirror again
just bought the dslr camera from a friend... using full auto mode until i can read the manual and get familiar with it
jacket is silk/linen, carroll & co. branded
very soft shoulders, working cuffs, very light weight
picked it up a few weeks ago since their pasadena store is closing
$80 after 80% off
at that price i knew i couldn't pass it up
Edited by XKxRome0ox - 12/11/11 at 5:40pmpost #18624 of 7872112/11/11 at 5:03pmpost #18625 of 7872112/11/11 at 6:23pmQuote:
liking you dinner fit Tony...regardless of the RL tailoring *ahem* "magic"post #18626 of 7872112/11/11 at 6:24pmpost #18627 of 7872112/11/11 at 6:26pmpost #18628 of 7872112/11/11 at 6:29pmpost #18629 of 7872112/11/11 at 6:55pmwannabe -
your leg openings are tapered too much
if anything you should taper the top part of the pants legs so that they will make you look slimmer->taller
instead of a super narrow \_/ taper making you look stockier->even shorterpost #18630 of 7872112/11/11 at 7:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by wannabe
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Tried a FIH knot again today; doesn't feel that bad!
Other pics came out way too blurry.
Jacket still looks weird through the torso and that pant taper isn't doing you any favors... I'm all for slim pants, but this is a little much.
edit ^ page refresh issues. Romeo beat me to the punch.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › Official Sales Alert thread 18 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › Sid Mashburn Cap Toe Balmoral - Espresso - 9.5 - made by Alfred... 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 5 minutes ago
- › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit... 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 10 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan