What's with your shirt collar? Is this the new double popped polo?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1229post #18421 of 7872312/8/11 at 7:19pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18422 of 7872312/8/11 at 7:30pmQuote:
It is, in fact, the dreaded...
Cut for the humanity! the humanity! (Click to show)double collared button down shirt!
The ridiculousness of it negates anything else which could be said.
Edit: That, and wearing a green shirt underneath one with a white base.post #18423 of 7872312/8/11 at 7:32pmpost #18424 of 7872312/8/11 at 7:43pmpost #18425 of 7872312/8/11 at 7:46pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by mktitsworth
It is, in fact, the dreaded... Cut for the humanity! the humanity! (Click to show)double collared button down shirt!The ridiculousness of it negates anything else which could be said.
Edit: That, and wearing a green shirt underneath one with a white base.Quote:
jeezsus... you guys kill me... it's a shirt and no the collar is not "popped"... the green matches the pocket square....but really I'm more amused by how offended everyone gets by someone who doesn't always follow the sacred "rules"... they're clothes for Christ's sake! They go on, they come off. damn guys..relax.post #18426 of 7872312/8/11 at 7:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by Kid Nickels
jeezsus... you guys kill me... it's a shirt and no the collar is not "popped"... the green matches the pocket square....but really I'm more amused by how offended everyone gets by someone who doesn't always follow the sacred "rules"... they're clothes for Christ's sake! They go on, they come off. damn guys..relax.
it has nothing to do with rules...
it just looks terriblepost #18427 of 7872312/8/11 at 7:58pm"jeezsus... you guys kill me... it's a shirt and no the collar is not "popped"... the green matches the pocket square....but really I'm more amused by how offended everyone gets by someone who doesn't always follow the sacred "rules"... they're clothes for Christ's sake! They go on, they come off. damn guys..relax. "
But what was your thinking behind that collar? Why not triple or quarduple? Or then just sticking with one?post #18428 of 7872312/8/11 at 8:02pmpost #18429 of 7872312/8/11 at 8:06pmpost #18430 of 7872312/8/11 at 8:12pmpost #18431 of 7872312/8/11 at 8:19pmQuote:
Thank you... good eye. It is hand hooked.. (it's called "hooking" I believe but not the kind that first comes to mind! ) and the chair is antique, hand inlaid..... as for the collar!! it's just something different... like my previous loose fit odd jacket&trousers with a nod to the "Oxford bags" look or something that Agnelli or Barbera might have done. Just having fun with it...post #18432 of 7872312/8/11 at 8:21pmpost #18433 of 7872312/8/11 at 8:34pmpost #18434 of 7872312/8/11 at 8:35pmQuote:
I think you should do an interview with him and feature it on your blog. I assume also that your next batch from NSM will feature this most classic of details.post #18435 of 7872312/8/11 at 8:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by Kid Nickels
some quick pix before I'm off to a little X-Mas party tonite... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Your shoes appear to be a size large. Are you experiencing blisters or discomfort?
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 2159 Active Users (446 Members and 1713 Guests)
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 7 seconds ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 1 minute ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 1 minute ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › Henry Carter Neckwear & Accessories: Official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › TOJ TOO TIGHT? WE CAN HELP! (The Amazing ToJ Exchange Thread --... 7 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)