Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:01 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1225post #18361 of 7871712/7/11 at 1:20pmpost #18362 of 7871712/7/11 at 1:36pmpost #18363 of 7871712/7/11 at 1:39pmpost #18364 of 7871712/7/11 at 1:41pmpost #18365 of 7871712/7/11 at 1:57pmpost #18366 of 7871712/7/11 at 2:08pmpost #18367 of 7871712/7/11 at 2:09pmpost #18368 of 7871712/7/11 at 2:11pmpost #18369 of 7871712/7/11 at 3:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by DocHolliday
You mention that they weren't meant to be seen but find it odd that someone would think they ought not be seen? I guess I can understand the argument that they came to be seen, but, even then, their placement was relatively discreet. In these days of the big pony, when many guys make their clothing decisions based on what is as conspicuous and crass as possible, I'm happy to err on the side of false modesty.Quote:Originally Posted by F. Corbera
Well, the whole Big Pony thing makes me laugh. Ralph Lauren might rip off ideas, but he does his homework:
Oh, that overpriced Pony (sorry i got it wrong) crocodile !!
As for monograms, I fear it is the wrong frontier on which a successful battle against crass dress can be waged.
We are few in number and must spare our forces.
Thanks guys, I agree with all you say.
For the purveyors it is now all about fashion, marketing, and free advertising, and collecting the cash therefore..... very happily.
For the consumers it is all about status symbols and / or social and financial classification... very sadly.
Most young people want clothing with writing on today. Write on their clothes, write on their bodies. Sacriledge I think.
Reminds me a little of the marking of prisoners, sailors, and slaves with tattoos as a means of identification. Now it seems that nearly eveyone wants to be marked like a prisoner or slave, and i dont seem to be getting my head around the psych. I wonder what they gonna do when tattoos go out of fashion, or their skin sags as they grow older. I dont think saggy old tattoo's interspersed with warts and other icky bits are ever gonna become stylish somehow. Do you think they will wear long sleeves or plasters to hide it. Fascinating stuff the future...
just sayin .....
* maybe theres a psycologist amongst us who could hopefully help out here...
Edited by deandbn - 12/7/11 at 4:06pmpost #18370 of 7871712/7/11 at 4:24pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:
Now this is more like it! You should consider tapering the pants, because they look kind of bootcut.
IMHO you could trade the white pocket square for something more bright to add more flair to the ensemble, but I'm assuming that this is for work and thus you don't want that kind of flair. Just something to think about.post #18371 of 7871712/7/11 at 4:50pmpost #18372 of 7871712/7/11 at 4:56pmpost #18373 of 7871712/7/11 at 5:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by edmorel
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Man... The shirt stripes and the coat seem just toooo close.. mind bending.
It would be nice to see some farther away shots, this probably looks way less mind bending at 15/20 feet.post #18374 of 7871712/7/11 at 5:04pmpost #18375 of 7871712/7/11 at 5:16pm
Scarf: Saks black label
Sweater: Saks red label
Jeans: Nudie Slim Jim
Watch: Wenger (my appologies, no Rolex)
Shoes: To Boot New York
Jacket: Hart Schaffner Marx
This was for a casual symphony concert. I honestly didn't wear the jacket, it was just an afterthought that I photographed for the pleasure and ridicule of SF.
Yes, I know the shoulders on the jacket are too big. My tailor said he could make the shoulders smaller for $120-worth it?
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › MC General Chat 3 minutes ago
- › Obama's Unravelling 4 minutes ago
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 6 minutes ago
- › First Run Double RL Collectors? 7 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 15 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 24 minutes ago
- › Edward Green recrafting on Permanent Style 25 minutes ago
- › BNWT CANADA GOOSE HYBRIDGE LIGHT DOWN JACKET. BLACK. SZ. XS 26 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 28 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...