Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1225post #18361 of 7872212/7/11 at 1:20pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18362 of 7872212/7/11 at 1:36pmpost #18363 of 7872212/7/11 at 1:39pmpost #18364 of 7872212/7/11 at 1:41pmpost #18365 of 7872212/7/11 at 1:57pmpost #18366 of 7872212/7/11 at 2:08pmpost #18367 of 7872212/7/11 at 2:09pmpost #18368 of 7872212/7/11 at 2:11pmpost #18369 of 7872212/7/11 at 3:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by DocHolliday
You mention that they weren't meant to be seen but find it odd that someone would think they ought not be seen? I guess I can understand the argument that they came to be seen, but, even then, their placement was relatively discreet. In these days of the big pony, when many guys make their clothing decisions based on what is as conspicuous and crass as possible, I'm happy to err on the side of false modesty.Quote:Originally Posted by F. Corbera
Well, the whole Big Pony thing makes me laugh. Ralph Lauren might rip off ideas, but he does his homework:
Oh, that overpriced Pony (sorry i got it wrong) crocodile !!
As for monograms, I fear it is the wrong frontier on which a successful battle against crass dress can be waged.
We are few in number and must spare our forces.
Thanks guys, I agree with all you say.
For the purveyors it is now all about fashion, marketing, and free advertising, and collecting the cash therefore..... very happily.
For the consumers it is all about status symbols and / or social and financial classification... very sadly.
Most young people want clothing with writing on today. Write on their clothes, write on their bodies. Sacriledge I think.
Reminds me a little of the marking of prisoners, sailors, and slaves with tattoos as a means of identification. Now it seems that nearly eveyone wants to be marked like a prisoner or slave, and i dont seem to be getting my head around the psych. I wonder what they gonna do when tattoos go out of fashion, or their skin sags as they grow older. I dont think saggy old tattoo's interspersed with warts and other icky bits are ever gonna become stylish somehow. Do you think they will wear long sleeves or plasters to hide it. Fascinating stuff the future...
just sayin .....
* maybe theres a psycologist amongst us who could hopefully help out here...
Edited by deandbn - 12/7/11 at 4:06pmpost #18370 of 7872212/7/11 at 4:24pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:
Now this is more like it! You should consider tapering the pants, because they look kind of bootcut.
IMHO you could trade the white pocket square for something more bright to add more flair to the ensemble, but I'm assuming that this is for work and thus you don't want that kind of flair. Just something to think about.post #18371 of 7872212/7/11 at 4:50pmpost #18372 of 7872212/7/11 at 4:56pmpost #18373 of 7872212/7/11 at 5:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by edmorel
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Man... The shirt stripes and the coat seem just toooo close.. mind bending.
It would be nice to see some farther away shots, this probably looks way less mind bending at 15/20 feet.post #18374 of 7872212/7/11 at 5:04pmpost #18375 of 7872212/7/11 at 5:16pm
Scarf: Saks black label
Sweater: Saks red label
Jeans: Nudie Slim Jim
Watch: Wenger (my appologies, no Rolex)
Shoes: To Boot New York
Jacket: Hart Schaffner Marx
This was for a casual symphony concert. I honestly didn't wear the jacket, it was just an afterthought that I photographed for the pleasure and ridicule of SF.
Yes, I know the shoulders on the jacket are too big. My tailor said he could make the shoulders smaller for $120-worth it?
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Clarks Desert Boots 1 second ago
- › Introduce yourself. 18 seconds ago
- › NWT Ralph Lauren Black Label Suits–NAVY–Anthony–36S, 36R, 38S,... 1 minute ago
- › Degree of Branding in Classic Menswear 1 minute ago
- › 2014 Clothing Insights and 2015 Clothing Plans 1 minute ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 2 minutes ago
- › Golden Bear Black 32oz Wool Melton Wool Pea Coat 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...