Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 2/18/14 at 2:14am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1225
Styleforum Top Picks
You mention that they weren't meant to be seen but find it odd that someone would think they ought not be seen? I guess I can understand the argument that they came to be seen, but, even then, their placement was relatively discreet. In these days of the big pony, when many guys make their clothing decisions based on what is as conspicuous and crass as possible, I'm happy to err on the side of false modesty.
Well, the whole Big Pony thing makes me laugh. Ralph Lauren might rip off ideas, but he does his homework:
Oh, that overpriced Pony (sorry i got it wrong) crocodile !!
As for monograms, I fear it is the wrong frontier on which a successful battle against crass dress can be waged.
We are few in number and must spare our forces.
Thanks guys, I agree with all you say.
For the purveyors it is now all about fashion, marketing, and free advertising, and collecting the cash therefore..... very happily.
For the consumers it is all about status symbols and / or social and financial classification... very sadly.
Most young people want clothing with writing on today. Write on their clothes, write on their bodies. Sacriledge I think.
Reminds me a little of the marking of prisoners, sailors, and slaves with tattoos as a means of identification. Now it seems that nearly eveyone wants to be marked like a prisoner or slave, and i dont seem to be getting my head around the psych. I wonder what they gonna do when tattoos go out of fashion, or their skin sags as they grow older. I dont think saggy old tattoo's interspersed with warts and other icky bits are ever gonna become stylish somehow. Do you think they will wear long sleeves or plasters to hide it. Fascinating stuff the future...
just sayin .....
* maybe theres a psycologist amongst us who could hopefully help out here...
Edited by deandbn - 12/7/11 at 4:06pm
Now this is more like it! You should consider tapering the pants, because they look kind of bootcut.
IMHO you could trade the white pocket square for something more bright to add more flair to the ensemble, but I'm assuming that this is for work and thus you don't want that kind of flair. Just something to think about.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Scarf: Saks black label
Sweater: Saks red label
Jeans: Nudie Slim Jim
Watch: Wenger (my appologies, no Rolex)
Shoes: To Boot New York
Jacket: Hart Schaffner Marx
This was for a casual symphony concert. I honestly didn't wear the jacket, it was just an afterthought that I photographed for the pleasure and ridicule of SF.
Yes, I know the shoulders on the jacket are too big. My tailor said he could make the shoulders smaller for $120-worth it?
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 21 seconds ago
- › Viberg SERVICE BOOT COLOUR 8 CHROMEXCEL - sz 10 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 5 minutes ago
- › MC General Chat 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 7 minutes ago
- › Things your dumb friends post on facebook 7 minutes ago
- › J.Crew Spring/Summer 2013 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw