Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:14 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1225post #18361 of 7872112/7/11 at 1:20pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18362 of 7872112/7/11 at 1:36pmpost #18363 of 7872112/7/11 at 1:39pmpost #18364 of 7872112/7/11 at 1:41pmpost #18365 of 7872112/7/11 at 1:57pmpost #18366 of 7872112/7/11 at 2:08pmpost #18367 of 7872112/7/11 at 2:09pmpost #18368 of 7872112/7/11 at 2:11pmpost #18369 of 7872112/7/11 at 3:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by DocHolliday
You mention that they weren't meant to be seen but find it odd that someone would think they ought not be seen? I guess I can understand the argument that they came to be seen, but, even then, their placement was relatively discreet. In these days of the big pony, when many guys make their clothing decisions based on what is as conspicuous and crass as possible, I'm happy to err on the side of false modesty.Quote:Originally Posted by F. Corbera
Well, the whole Big Pony thing makes me laugh. Ralph Lauren might rip off ideas, but he does his homework:
Oh, that overpriced Pony (sorry i got it wrong) crocodile !!
As for monograms, I fear it is the wrong frontier on which a successful battle against crass dress can be waged.
We are few in number and must spare our forces.
Thanks guys, I agree with all you say.
For the purveyors it is now all about fashion, marketing, and free advertising, and collecting the cash therefore..... very happily.
For the consumers it is all about status symbols and / or social and financial classification... very sadly.
Most young people want clothing with writing on today. Write on their clothes, write on their bodies. Sacriledge I think.
Reminds me a little of the marking of prisoners, sailors, and slaves with tattoos as a means of identification. Now it seems that nearly eveyone wants to be marked like a prisoner or slave, and i dont seem to be getting my head around the psych. I wonder what they gonna do when tattoos go out of fashion, or their skin sags as they grow older. I dont think saggy old tattoo's interspersed with warts and other icky bits are ever gonna become stylish somehow. Do you think they will wear long sleeves or plasters to hide it. Fascinating stuff the future...
just sayin .....
* maybe theres a psycologist amongst us who could hopefully help out here...
Edited by deandbn - 12/7/11 at 4:06pmpost #18370 of 7872112/7/11 at 4:24pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:
Now this is more like it! You should consider tapering the pants, because they look kind of bootcut.
IMHO you could trade the white pocket square for something more bright to add more flair to the ensemble, but I'm assuming that this is for work and thus you don't want that kind of flair. Just something to think about.post #18371 of 7872112/7/11 at 4:50pmpost #18372 of 7872112/7/11 at 4:56pmpost #18373 of 7872112/7/11 at 5:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by edmorel
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Man... The shirt stripes and the coat seem just toooo close.. mind bending.
It would be nice to see some farther away shots, this probably looks way less mind bending at 15/20 feet.post #18374 of 7872112/7/11 at 5:04pmpost #18375 of 7872112/7/11 at 5:16pm
Scarf: Saks black label
Sweater: Saks red label
Jeans: Nudie Slim Jim
Watch: Wenger (my appologies, no Rolex)
Shoes: To Boot New York
Jacket: Hart Schaffner Marx
This was for a casual symphony concert. I honestly didn't wear the jacket, it was just an afterthought that I photographed for the pleasure and ridicule of SF.
Yes, I know the shoulders on the jacket are too big. My tailor said he could make the shoulders smaller for $120-worth it?
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling For Ralph Lauren Numan TG73 9.5/10D 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 8 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 10 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 12 minutes ago
- › The GQ Fit (I want it as tight as possible without cutting off... 12 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 14 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...