Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:58 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1223post #18331 of 7872112/7/11 at 7:14am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18332 of 7872112/7/11 at 7:16ampost #18333 of 7872112/7/11 at 7:53amQuote:Originally Posted by acridsheep
Sheep (Click to show)
The jacket fit/proportions are a bit wonky, Sheep. The buttoning point and waist suppression are high, making you look like you have a short chest and loooooong abdomen, and it could stand to be longer.Quote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
Hat tip to whoever put this tie in TSB #2 unbelragazzo (Click to show)
What? Impossible. Everyone knows that TSB2 has been an unrelenting shitstorm of thrift store castoffs. Allaboutshoes said so, right?post #18334 of 7872112/7/11 at 7:55amQuote:
Well, I liked this one enough to snag it...and put in its place one that has been taken since, so there was at least some beneficial exchange. Thought I would send a shout out to TSB-ers to let them know all has not been lost.post #18335 of 7872112/7/11 at 7:56ampost #18336 of 7872112/7/11 at 7:57ampost #18337 of 7872112/7/11 at 8:15amQuote:
Hey, Fuck You Sugarbutch!
Is that better?Quote:
Holy Sheep Shit, dude. LOL.post #18338 of 7872112/7/11 at 8:18ampost #18339 of 7872112/7/11 at 8:41amQuote:upr_crust
"PRL? Great fabric, rather emphatic shoulders, but you wear it extremely well."
Thanks Crusty, it is Sartoria Partenopea. It has unpadded, natural shoulders. Those are all me.
Mikepost #18340 of 7872112/7/11 at 9:09ampost #18341 of 7872112/7/11 at 9:21amQuote:
You mention that they weren't meant to be seen but find it odd that someone would think they ought not be seen? I guess I can understand the argument that they came to be seen, but, even then, their placement was relatively discreet. In these days of the big pony, when many guys make their clothing decisions based on what is as conspicuous and crass as possible, I'm happy to err on the side of false modesty.post #18342 of 7872112/7/11 at 9:26amWell, the whole Big Pony thing makes me laugh. Ralph Lauren might rip off ideas, but he does his homework:
As for monograms, I fear it is the wrong frontier on which a successful battle against crass dress can be waged.
We are few in number and must spare our forces.post #18343 of 7872112/7/11 at 9:31am
For one reason and another, I ended up having a much more lazy day than I expected, with a long lunch and then a wander through the recently remodelled Egyptian wing at the Ashmolean Museum (something I've been meaning to getting round to doing since it reopened). The Shrine to King Tarhaqa is beautifully presented, and well worth a visit.post #18344 of 7872112/7/11 at 9:35amQuote:
Indeed, there are certainly bigger issues to deal with.
I, for one, am waiting with baited breath for a RLBL/RLPL rap video.post #18345 of 7872112/7/11 at 9:40amI kinda like the big pony. Not to wear, personally, but how it looks. And I would bet, percentagewise, that there are more people who buy it for its visual appeal than there are guys with senses of humor about their conspicuous monograms.
I don't wage war on much of anything these days, but I still like to observe from the comfort of my campaign chair. Even the small details say something about us.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Friday Challenge: Creative Business Casual 11 seconds ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 18 seconds ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 5 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 10 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 15 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...