Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1223post #18331 of 7872212/7/11 at 7:14am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18332 of 7872212/7/11 at 7:16ampost #18333 of 7872212/7/11 at 7:53amQuote:Originally Posted by acridsheep
Sheep (Click to show)
The jacket fit/proportions are a bit wonky, Sheep. The buttoning point and waist suppression are high, making you look like you have a short chest and loooooong abdomen, and it could stand to be longer.Quote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
Hat tip to whoever put this tie in TSB #2 unbelragazzo (Click to show)
What? Impossible. Everyone knows that TSB2 has been an unrelenting shitstorm of thrift store castoffs. Allaboutshoes said so, right?post #18334 of 7872212/7/11 at 7:55amQuote:
Well, I liked this one enough to snag it...and put in its place one that has been taken since, so there was at least some beneficial exchange. Thought I would send a shout out to TSB-ers to let them know all has not been lost.post #18335 of 7872212/7/11 at 7:56ampost #18336 of 7872212/7/11 at 7:57ampost #18337 of 7872212/7/11 at 8:15amQuote:
Hey, Fuck You Sugarbutch!
Is that better?Quote:
Holy Sheep Shit, dude. LOL.post #18338 of 7872212/7/11 at 8:18ampost #18339 of 7872212/7/11 at 8:41amQuote:upr_crust
"PRL? Great fabric, rather emphatic shoulders, but you wear it extremely well."
Thanks Crusty, it is Sartoria Partenopea. It has unpadded, natural shoulders. Those are all me.
Mikepost #18340 of 7872212/7/11 at 9:09ampost #18341 of 7872212/7/11 at 9:21amQuote:
You mention that they weren't meant to be seen but find it odd that someone would think they ought not be seen? I guess I can understand the argument that they came to be seen, but, even then, their placement was relatively discreet. In these days of the big pony, when many guys make their clothing decisions based on what is as conspicuous and crass as possible, I'm happy to err on the side of false modesty.post #18342 of 7872212/7/11 at 9:26amWell, the whole Big Pony thing makes me laugh. Ralph Lauren might rip off ideas, but he does his homework:
As for monograms, I fear it is the wrong frontier on which a successful battle against crass dress can be waged.
We are few in number and must spare our forces.post #18343 of 7872212/7/11 at 9:31am
For one reason and another, I ended up having a much more lazy day than I expected, with a long lunch and then a wander through the recently remodelled Egyptian wing at the Ashmolean Museum (something I've been meaning to getting round to doing since it reopened). The Shrine to King Tarhaqa is beautifully presented, and well worth a visit.post #18344 of 7872212/7/11 at 9:35amQuote:
Indeed, there are certainly bigger issues to deal with.
I, for one, am waiting with baited breath for a RLBL/RLPL rap video.post #18345 of 7872212/7/11 at 9:40amI kinda like the big pony. Not to wear, personally, but how it looks. And I would bet, percentagewise, that there are more people who buy it for its visual appeal than there are guys with senses of humor about their conspicuous monograms.
I don't wage war on much of anything these days, but I still like to observe from the comfort of my campaign chair. Even the small details say something about us.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 8 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 11 minutes ago
- › Peir Wu 12 minutes ago
- › 2014-2015 OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD (+ Brazil 2014) - Football, Soccer,... 13 minutes ago
- › Ermenegildo Zegna Sweater Size 48 IT (Small) Brown Silk Cotton Hemp... 14 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 14 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Ambrosi Napoli 22 minutes ago
- › Loro Piana Scarf Brown Cashemere Silk *BNWT* 23 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...