Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:49 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1204post #18046 of 7871912/2/11 at 2:52pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18047 of 7871912/2/11 at 2:57pmQuote:This tie really fits your jacket, it looks a bit risky because of the dark colour, but it looks really great on your light blue shirt .Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #18048 of 7871912/2/11 at 4:22pmpost #18049 of 7871912/2/11 at 4:46pmpost #18050 of 7871912/2/11 at 5:42pmpost #18051 of 7871912/2/11 at 6:01pmQuote:
While I like many of the elements here, something about the whole seems off. The jeansiness of the trousers exacerbates your meaty-thights™ and also make a poor match due to the relative formality of the top.post #18052 of 7871912/2/11 at 6:23pm
Fair enough. I'll drop the leg press from my routine.
The above khakis are admittedly a lil snug. Besides the heavy twill material, what pents material would you suggest? The top half is fairly casual: unlined patch pocket SC, OCBD, wool tie. I tried some roomier wool gab trou, but they seemed too dressy. I thought camel-colored moleskin or cords would work, but I don't have anypost #18053 of 7871912/2/11 at 6:31pmpost #18054 of 7871912/2/11 at 6:46pmpost #18055 of 7871912/2/11 at 7:00pmpost #18056 of 7871912/2/11 at 7:10pmQuote:
it looks big and it looks long, but it might be because of your skinny neck.post #18057 of 7871912/2/11 at 7:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Am I the only person who thinks UC looks just like Jason Jones from the Daily Show?post #18058 of 7871912/2/11 at 7:12pmpost #18059 of 7871912/2/11 at 7:12pmQuote:
If you just change one thing with this look, I'd say go with fitted-but not skinny-brown wool slacks.
Or you could wear a shirt with a smaller collar (such as Burberry) and wear a skinnier tie (maybe wool). That way, your top half would match the slimness of your chinos.post #18060 of 7871912/2/11 at 7:19pmQuote:
unfortunely, I'm really skinny and tall. My chest is actually a 35 so I get all my 35" suits tailored as much as possible. I don't think the jacket looks to big (except maybe the arms are to long) what else is wrong with the jacket?
The pants are slightly to long and need to be more tapered, right?
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 9 seconds ago
- › For the Ladies: BNWT Canada Goose Women Solaris Parka 1 minute ago
- › Advice on next pair of Allen Edmonds 4 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 5 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Tailor in London for a classic navy three piece wedding suit 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.