or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 119  

post #1771 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawyer View Post
I dont know who Mr. Spiffy is, explain ;p, but i like the tomford style, it might doesn't fit the american standards but for me it does work out (italian fit). It's custom made.
Looks to me like he heard Thom Brown not Ford.
post #1772 of 78724



Mike
post #1773 of 78724
^ Moody blues.
post #1774 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by luftvier View Post
This is a silly quesiton, but are you wearing the trou at your natural waist, e.g. at your navel?

Higher than I'm used to, but not at the navel, no.
post #1775 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by acridsheep View Post
^ Moody blues.

I was on my way to pay my property taxes.

Mike
post #1776 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar Allan Pwn View Post
Higher than I'm used to, but not at the navel, no.

Try it with the pleated trou if the rise allows it. Might obviate the need to slim the leg opening.
post #1777 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawyer View Post
Welcome to Thunderdome. As others have said, you seem to have lots of fit issues here. The jacket seems too small in almost every dimension. Also, lapels that narrow call for a less prodigious tie knot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeglus View Post
Definitely think you should nix the club collar in favor of spread like this. At least as long as you keep your beard.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by luftvier View Post
TITFD Tuesday.
Predictions for the day: I expect that Manton will not favor my socks; that ed will dislike my gunboats; and that fritzl will recommend that I relegate them to denim-wear-only.

I know not what others may say, but I'm going to tell you how much I admire your necktie and knot. Now will someone please tell me what TITFD means?
post #1778 of 78724
post #1779 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post



Mike

Interesting lapels/notch.
post #1780 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadbearer View Post
I know not what others may say, but I'm going to tell you how much I admire your necktie and knot. Now will someone please tell me what TITFD means?

Tone It The F*** Down.
post #1781 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by luftvier View Post
....

Lufty - i know you like the sack coat ... and the gunboats, but i dont know if you can have the two and have skinny pants. Quite a few of your fits suffer from this affliction. Your pants need to be proportional to your jacket and shoes, particularly the proportions from the knee to the leg opening

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
TITFD Tuesday

Spoo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaz View Post
A few recent shots ... two with the same coat even!

Nice looks G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post

- nice look Mike.
- Are these pants less fuller than your others? It may be the picture, but it seems slimmer.
- why do you always look angry?
post #1782 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty View Post

I'd rather the buttoning point was about 1" lower.
post #1783 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by niidawg3 View Post
Lufty - i know you like the sack coat ... and the gunboats, but i dont know if you can have the two and have skinny pants. Quite a few of your fits suffer from this affliction. Your pants need to be proportional to your jacket and shoes, particularly the proportions from the knee to the leg opening

I would take the opposite view, that gunboats only work with narrow/tapered trousers. This is the standard Neopolitan gunboat look. Check out pics of mafoofan, iammatt, or Mariano Rubinacci for examples. They all wear fairly drapey jackets too, particularly MR.

Still think gunboats should never be work with suits (or ever for that matter).
post #1784 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by niidawg3 View Post

- nice look Mike.
- Are these pants less fuller than your others? It may be the picture, but it seems slimmer.
- why do you always look angry?

Thanks.

I guess these are slimmer than most. It is a Spano suit. I also raised my camera a good foot, so the angle is different, and better.

I am not a morning person, and I was on my way to pay my property taxes.

Mike
post #1785 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
You think there's not enough contrast? I thought the dusty pink was just enough for the grey nailhead. Here's a different shot in full daylight, still?
It does look much better outdoors, and that is one of the more tasteful pink ties I have seen.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III