Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:13 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1139post #17071 of 7871911/15/11 at 4:13am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17072 of 7871911/15/11 at 4:41ampost #17073 of 7871911/15/11 at 5:22amQuote:
I dig the outfit, and I think that there not much to improve. And the shoes are a beauty.
Though, is true I like the tie, but also think that two years ago you had a more daring style,and surely, by that time you would put another kind of tie :)
Vicpost #17074 of 7871911/15/11 at 5:37ampost #17075 of 7871911/15/11 at 5:59ampost #17076 of 7871911/15/11 at 6:20amQuote:Im REALLY trying to talk myself into keeping it. its a gorgeous fabric, VERY well made, but I dont think its made right for me. Breaks my heart because i just got the perfect orange cashmere tie to go with itOriginally Posted by FlyingMonkey
I usually like what you wear a lot, but this is not good. It might be Oxxford, but there's almost nothing that's working about it - cut, texture, colour (it looks like you are trying to camouflage yourself against your walls and carpet...). It is probably a high quality mix (silk-linen or silk-wool-linen?), but it manages to look like a cheap generic summer cotton suit. Having said that, I have looked for several years for a light-coloured suit that works for me and I have never found one that makes me entirely comfortable, so I may just have an unreasonable prejudice against them, but it really doesn't look like you are wearing this with confidence either.post #17077 of 7871911/15/11 at 6:22amQuote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
nice, but me thinks black shoes would have been better... just my $ 0.02
by the way could you post deets on the suit.post #17078 of 7871911/15/11 at 6:24ampost #17079 of 7871911/15/11 at 6:32ampost #17080 of 7871911/15/11 at 6:51am
Definitely pulling a bit at the button, causing the fronts to spread out a bit too much below, I think. Though less suppression might leave too much material around the chest (ie. I'm not sure if there's too much material there or not at the moment, because it's distorted/disguised by the high amount of waist suppression). Also, I wish you'd gone regular flap pockets instead of patches, but I guess that's just personal preference.
Difficult to tell with the angled pose. A straighter-on photo would be easier to judge. Still, it seems generally OK, and likely to respond well to some tweaking at the waist and maybe the trousers too.Quote:Originally Posted by B|aze
It looks like your hair is on upside down
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
My professional rates, for anyone seriously disturbed by this image, are eminently reasonable... :ppost #17081 of 7871911/15/11 at 6:58amQuote:
Relevant: Ditch the camel hair jacket and dress a bit more age appropriate. That you care this much at your age suggests that when you do reach an age where camel hair wouldn't look too affected, you will look smashing. Welcome to SF, BTW.
Irrelevant: Is she hot? (No pedo)post #17082 of 7871911/15/11 at 7:13ampost #17083 of 7871911/15/11 at 7:33ampost #17084 of 7871911/15/11 at 7:38ampost #17085 of 7871911/15/11 at 7:40am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › Eidos Napoli 4 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 11 minutes ago
- › The Grim Reaper - Conne's Obituary Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?