Achillus best first fit pic evar.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:16 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1116post #16726 of 7872111/10/11 at 10:59pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #16727 of 7872111/10/11 at 11:11pmpost #16728 of 7872111/10/11 at 11:16pmQuote:
less talk, more pics pleasepost #16729 of 7872111/10/11 at 11:16pmpost #16730 of 7872111/10/11 at 11:52pm
Please elaborate, is there a thread on this?
Edit: Nvm, found it. Very quote worthy, and very applicable to my own steez I guess (as I have nothing but love for ties with casual fits).
Edited by EFV - 11/11/11 at 12:06ampost #16731 of 7872111/11/11 at 12:06amQuote:Originally Posted by Fuuma
Empty provocations aside you know it isn't true so I don't see the point of your post. If I have to see another lifshitz wearing a stripped spread collar, stupid patterned tie, structured sportcoat (w. country details cause its so upper klass), raw jeans and untied monks or fucking loafers I'll go ballistic. The reason I dress well and most people here don't is that I'm not some pink socks pant rolling business dress/so fucking spazzatura shizoid.
Looking like you've been raped by a blog isn't a way to go about life.post #16732 of 7872111/11/11 at 12:11ampost #16733 of 7872111/11/11 at 2:57ampost #16734 of 7872111/11/11 at 2:58ampost #16735 of 7872111/11/11 at 3:05amQuote:
Thanks for the comment. You are of course correct, and I am already exploring the options for sleeve lengthening - one thing I have discovered during this search is that there does not appear to be a single decent alterations tailor in my town. The shirt is too big in general and have no fear, it will be on its way out as soon as I have replacements. I agree about the way the tie looks in the (poor quality) picture, but in real life it looks a lot better though not, on reflection, with this ensemble.
Edited: on closer examination, I have discovered that the sleeves were previous altered and that it should be a simple job to let them down to the previous length, which is exactly the length I want. The previous sleeve end is still clearly visible inside the cuff and it should be a simple job for I and my wife between us to reverse the shortening (my wife is a pretty skilled seamstress).
Edited by FlyingMonkey - 11/11/11 at 8:48ampost #16736 of 7872111/11/11 at 3:35amQuote:
what is it they say about money not being able to buy class?
guess they've been proven wrong.
Edited by freedom_fries - 11/11/11 at 3:46ampost #16737 of 7872111/11/11 at 3:39amQuote:Love the color of the shirt. Overall it looks good and you wear it well, but if I had to nitpick, this hat is too big and overwhelms your head, and the suit/vest make you look kind of dumpy which I don't think you are.
Hello, Thank you for your thoughts. You have a good eye. The suit is cheap. I wear it simply for dancing. It is my lowest quality suit I own. This fedora is my dream fedora and I love how it looks on me, I believe I wear it very well, and it happens to be one of the highest quality hats I have ever owned. In an age of tapered crowns and stingy brims, I prefer the classic style, shape, and quality of this fedora, and how it looks on me.post #16738 of 7872111/11/11 at 4:01amQuote:Originally Posted by Tibor
Quote:Love the color of the shirt. Overall it looks good and you wear it well, but if I had to nitpick, this hat is too big and overwhelms your head, and the suit/vest make you look kind of dumpy which I don't think you are.
[SNIP] This fedora is my dream fedora and I love how it looks on me, I believe I wear it very well, and it happens to be one of the highest quality hats I have ever owned. In an age of tapered crowns and stingy brims, I prefer the classic style, shape, and quality of this fedora, and how it looks on me.
That's all that matters
...but it still doesn't change the fact, that the hat makes your head look tiny
I suspect that the "dents" also have something to do with it
Edited by B|aze - 11/11/11 at 4:16ampost #16739 of 7872111/11/11 at 4:19am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Australian Members 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 7 minutes ago
- › Experience with Maurizio Baldassari 7 minutes ago
- › Tour De France is Boring 13 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 14 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 18 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 19 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 19 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 23 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...