Achillus best first fit pic evar.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:02 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1116post #16726 of 7871711/10/11 at 10:59pmpost #16727 of 7871711/10/11 at 11:11pmpost #16728 of 7871711/10/11 at 11:16pmQuote:
less talk, more pics pleasepost #16729 of 7871711/10/11 at 11:16pmpost #16730 of 7871711/10/11 at 11:52pm
Please elaborate, is there a thread on this?
Edit: Nvm, found it. Very quote worthy, and very applicable to my own steez I guess (as I have nothing but love for ties with casual fits).
Edited by EFV - 11/11/11 at 12:06ampost #16731 of 7871711/11/11 at 12:06amQuote:Originally Posted by Fuuma
Empty provocations aside you know it isn't true so I don't see the point of your post. If I have to see another lifshitz wearing a stripped spread collar, stupid patterned tie, structured sportcoat (w. country details cause its so upper klass), raw jeans and untied monks or fucking loafers I'll go ballistic. The reason I dress well and most people here don't is that I'm not some pink socks pant rolling business dress/so fucking spazzatura shizoid.
Looking like you've been raped by a blog isn't a way to go about life.post #16732 of 7871711/11/11 at 12:11ampost #16733 of 7871711/11/11 at 2:57ampost #16734 of 7871711/11/11 at 2:58ampost #16735 of 7871711/11/11 at 3:05amQuote:
Thanks for the comment. You are of course correct, and I am already exploring the options for sleeve lengthening - one thing I have discovered during this search is that there does not appear to be a single decent alterations tailor in my town. The shirt is too big in general and have no fear, it will be on its way out as soon as I have replacements. I agree about the way the tie looks in the (poor quality) picture, but in real life it looks a lot better though not, on reflection, with this ensemble.
Edited: on closer examination, I have discovered that the sleeves were previous altered and that it should be a simple job to let them down to the previous length, which is exactly the length I want. The previous sleeve end is still clearly visible inside the cuff and it should be a simple job for I and my wife between us to reverse the shortening (my wife is a pretty skilled seamstress).
Edited by FlyingMonkey - 11/11/11 at 8:48ampost #16736 of 7871711/11/11 at 3:35amQuote:
what is it they say about money not being able to buy class?
guess they've been proven wrong.
Edited by freedom_fries - 11/11/11 at 3:46ampost #16737 of 7871711/11/11 at 3:39amQuote:Love the color of the shirt. Overall it looks good and you wear it well, but if I had to nitpick, this hat is too big and overwhelms your head, and the suit/vest make you look kind of dumpy which I don't think you are.
Hello, Thank you for your thoughts. You have a good eye. The suit is cheap. I wear it simply for dancing. It is my lowest quality suit I own. This fedora is my dream fedora and I love how it looks on me, I believe I wear it very well, and it happens to be one of the highest quality hats I have ever owned. In an age of tapered crowns and stingy brims, I prefer the classic style, shape, and quality of this fedora, and how it looks on me.post #16738 of 7871711/11/11 at 4:01amQuote:Originally Posted by Tibor
Quote:Love the color of the shirt. Overall it looks good and you wear it well, but if I had to nitpick, this hat is too big and overwhelms your head, and the suit/vest make you look kind of dumpy which I don't think you are.
[SNIP] This fedora is my dream fedora and I love how it looks on me, I believe I wear it very well, and it happens to be one of the highest quality hats I have ever owned. In an age of tapered crowns and stingy brims, I prefer the classic style, shape, and quality of this fedora, and how it looks on me.
That's all that matters
...but it still doesn't change the fact, that the hat makes your head look tiny
I suspect that the "dents" also have something to do with it
Edited by B|aze - 11/11/11 at 4:16ampost #16739 of 7871711/11/11 at 4:19ampost #16740 of 7871711/11/11 at 4:29am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Newly divorced - Need a break - Vacay spot 1 minute ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Suede Chukka boots size 7UK 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 5 minutes ago
- › FS Ernest Alexander Thompson Waxed Tote Excellent 5 minutes ago
- › FS J Panther Roll Tote Olive Green Excellent 8 minutes ago
- › FS FRANK CLEGG BOUND EDGE ZIP TOP BRIEFCASE 11 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 13 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 16 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...