Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:37 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1046post #15676 of 7872110/25/11 at 12:13am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15677 of 7872110/25/11 at 1:31ampost #15678 of 7872110/25/11 at 2:05amBanis, first let me say that I love that you love clothes. Clearly you have your clothes made for you. This is lodevole. I especially like the fabric, and the swelled edges. However, could the sleeveheads be a bit smaller? Just a wee bit?post #15679 of 7872110/25/11 at 2:37ampost #15680 of 7872110/25/11 at 2:40am
John Nordstrom. It's one of the few dept store ties that survived The Great Tie Culling of 2010.Quote:
You have a short memory, sir, and I thank you for that.post #15681 of 7872110/25/11 at 2:48amQuote:Thanks! I don't think that it is really that big. Also, all that shirring mappina effect on the sleevehead is due to that sleeve is bigger than the armhole, which may also influence impression.post #15682 of 7872110/25/11 at 4:50amQuote:Originally Posted by dress4success
I worked in NYC for years. We had an office in the WTC in the early '90s but moved uptown to Lex & 52nd St.
I worked in computer support at various law firms in Manhattan, on Wall St., upper East Side, etc.
I'm still the best dressed support engineer in our company. I live in Southern California, a little north of Los Angeles.
Nice outfit, old buddy.
Looking forward to seeing more of your gear.
Best, Steve Downing
Thank you, Mr. Downing. It's good to see that sartorial standards are being maintained in the land of eternal sunshine, T-shirts and shorts .
It was suggested yesterday by one of the regular posters here that I do a series of double-breasted suits this week, after my week of three-piece suits last week. Alas, the series will only be two - the rest of my double-breasted suit collection was too large by half after I lost weight a couple of years ago, and went to the charity shops.
Suit - BB MTM
Shirt - Lewin
Tie - Andrew's Ties
PS - Robert Talbott
Cufflinks - BB
Shoes - Harris, via Barney's NYC
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #15683 of 7872110/25/11 at 4:53ampost #15684 of 7872110/25/11 at 6:32ampost #15685 of 7872110/25/11 at 6:59ampost #15686 of 7872110/25/11 at 7:15ampost #15687 of 7872110/25/11 at 7:24ampost #15688 of 7872110/25/11 at 8:03amQuote:
They're the bottom half of a DB Ferragamo suit I got towards the start of this year. Last year's collection, I think, so you may or may not find it in stores this year. I dig the pattern a lot myself; most grey checks tend to be more subdued but I like the boldness of these. Millions wouldn't... ;)
barims - thanks... I've been thinking about getting an ascot and doing the full Victorian gentleman... :)
Close-up looks kind of wonky/weird angle for some reason:post #15689 of 7872110/25/11 at 9:26ampost #15690 of 7872110/25/11 at 11:06am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 6 seconds ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 49 seconds ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Ring Jacket Japan 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 11 minutes ago
- › NOS Levis Jeans 36x34 from 1984 11 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 12 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...