Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1046post #15676 of 7872310/25/11 at 12:13am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15677 of 7872310/25/11 at 1:31ampost #15678 of 7872310/25/11 at 2:05amBanis, first let me say that I love that you love clothes. Clearly you have your clothes made for you. This is lodevole. I especially like the fabric, and the swelled edges. However, could the sleeveheads be a bit smaller? Just a wee bit?post #15679 of 7872310/25/11 at 2:37ampost #15680 of 7872310/25/11 at 2:40am
John Nordstrom. It's one of the few dept store ties that survived The Great Tie Culling of 2010.Quote:
You have a short memory, sir, and I thank you for that.post #15681 of 7872310/25/11 at 2:48amQuote:Thanks! I don't think that it is really that big. Also, all that shirring mappina effect on the sleevehead is due to that sleeve is bigger than the armhole, which may also influence impression.post #15682 of 7872310/25/11 at 4:50amQuote:Originally Posted by dress4success
I worked in NYC for years. We had an office in the WTC in the early '90s but moved uptown to Lex & 52nd St.
I worked in computer support at various law firms in Manhattan, on Wall St., upper East Side, etc.
I'm still the best dressed support engineer in our company. I live in Southern California, a little north of Los Angeles.
Nice outfit, old buddy.
Looking forward to seeing more of your gear.
Best, Steve Downing
Thank you, Mr. Downing. It's good to see that sartorial standards are being maintained in the land of eternal sunshine, T-shirts and shorts .
It was suggested yesterday by one of the regular posters here that I do a series of double-breasted suits this week, after my week of three-piece suits last week. Alas, the series will only be two - the rest of my double-breasted suit collection was too large by half after I lost weight a couple of years ago, and went to the charity shops.
Suit - BB MTM
Shirt - Lewin
Tie - Andrew's Ties
PS - Robert Talbott
Cufflinks - BB
Shoes - Harris, via Barney's NYC
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #15683 of 7872310/25/11 at 4:53ampost #15684 of 7872310/25/11 at 6:32ampost #15685 of 7872310/25/11 at 6:59ampost #15686 of 7872310/25/11 at 7:15ampost #15687 of 7872310/25/11 at 7:24ampost #15688 of 7872310/25/11 at 8:03amQuote:
They're the bottom half of a DB Ferragamo suit I got towards the start of this year. Last year's collection, I think, so you may or may not find it in stores this year. I dig the pattern a lot myself; most grey checks tend to be more subdued but I like the boldness of these. Millions wouldn't... ;)
barims - thanks... I've been thinking about getting an ascot and doing the full Victorian gentleman... :)
Close-up looks kind of wonky/weird angle for some reason:post #15689 of 7872310/25/11 at 9:26ampost #15690 of 7872310/25/11 at 11:06am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › Pictures from a few days in Naples (Updated... Solito, Formosa,... 8 minutes ago
- › Shoe Care Questions 11 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 11 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 12 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Poll: Friday Challenge 19TH September 2014: Brown tie without a... 15 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 18 minutes ago
- › Naked and famous denim 23 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)