Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:25 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1008post #15107 of 7871710/14/11 at 6:16amQuote:Originally Posted by upr_crust
Suit - HF
Shirt - BB MTM
Tie - Barney's
Cufflinks - The London Badge & Button Co.
Shoes - AE Seven Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
UprCrust, I think this shirt isn't working for you. It's a shade too close to your skin color, and at first glance it appears as if you're wearing a tie around your neck and have a suit on over your otherwise nude torso. A bit Miami for NYC A pale blue or white shirt may have served you better,Quote:Originally Posted by TTO
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Fantastic textures and color.Quote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
While we're on the subject of patterns, I'm in a glass house today and probably shouldn't throw stones.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Edited by luftvier - 10/14/11 at 6:57ampost #15108 of 7871710/14/11 at 6:18ampost #15109 of 7871710/14/11 at 6:18ampost #15110 of 7871710/14/11 at 6:21ampost #15111 of 7871710/14/11 at 6:40amQuote:Originally Posted by luftvier
UprCrust, I think this shirt isn't work for you. It's a shade too close to your skin color, and at first glance it appears as if you're wearing a tie around your neck and have a suit on over your otherwise nude torso. A bit Miami for NYC A pale blue or white shirt may have served you better,
The concept of me wearing a tie over my otherwise un-covered body under a suit is equal parts grotesque and comical - happily, the public is not being subjected to my considerable moobs in an undraped state.
That being said, I think that I shall retire this shirt from active service - it is simply the wrong shade of pink for wearing with most of my wardrobe.
Edited by upr_crust - 10/14/11 at 8:18ampost #15112 of 7871710/14/11 at 6:45am
TTO, your look is just getting better and better!
The use of texture and colour is excellent here. I love the mid- (Royal?) blue with that rougher sage-green wool tie, and I know some people don't like things are too matchy here, but your PS is perfectly in tune with the tie without looking like it's trying too hard - I think because the texture is, again, so different. I like the red laces in the brown suede shoes too - changing my lace colour is something I do a lot and I think it shows attention to detail and, like most of what you do, thumbs its nose just that little bit at the overly conventional. Great hat too.
Good stuff!post #15113 of 7871710/14/11 at 6:58ampost #15114 of 7871710/14/11 at 7:01amQuote:Originally Posted by exhaze
Have fun with that Moscow Friday outbound traffic, I'm not envious. Really love the jacket. Do you not find it to be too small on your arms? I can see a bunch of wrinkling which is common for sleeves on garments that are close fitting for the arms. You've mentioned before that you get your jacket sleeves made a lot larger due to your musclulature. If you flexed your biceps, would the sleeves rip apart?
The wrinkles on this jacket - a consequence of a thick skin and socks often in harsh conditions in Russia.
In fact - this jacket sleeves are spacious and comfortable, for example - they are much wider than the other branches jacket - black (which I was last Saturday).
So in a black jacket - wrinkles and creases there.
But there are wrinkles to brown.
Although the difference in the width of the sleeves are very large (I think 2 - 2.5 inches in circumference)post #15115 of 7871710/14/11 at 7:11ampost #15116 of 7871710/14/11 at 7:14amToday's ensemble. On my balcony in the heart of Santiago. Sorry for the shitty pics. I need a stand for my new Galaxy S2. It's been too long not posting in this thread.
MT, misc 'Made in Italy' Daffy's Special SC, Robert Talbott, Incos, AE, Trafalgarpost #15117 of 7871710/14/11 at 7:27ampost #15118 of 7871710/14/11 at 7:49ampost #15119 of 7871710/14/11 at 7:50ampost #15120 of 7871710/14/11 at 8:20am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official LVC thread*** 3 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Margiela SS10 OG Painted Gat 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 12 minutes ago
- › Isaia & Ermengildo Zegna Blazers Size 40 MUST SEE 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding