Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:31 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1008
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15107 of 7872110/14/11 at 6:16amQuote:Originally Posted by upr_crust
Suit - HF
Shirt - BB MTM
Tie - Barney's
Cufflinks - The London Badge & Button Co.
Shoes - AE Seven Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
UprCrust, I think this shirt isn't working for you. It's a shade too close to your skin color, and at first glance it appears as if you're wearing a tie around your neck and have a suit on over your otherwise nude torso. A bit Miami for NYC A pale blue or white shirt may have served you better,Quote:Originally Posted by TTO
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Fantastic textures and color.Quote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
While we're on the subject of patterns, I'm in a glass house today and probably shouldn't throw stones.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Edited by luftvier - 10/14/11 at 6:57ampost #15108 of 7872110/14/11 at 6:18ampost #15109 of 7872110/14/11 at 6:18ampost #15110 of 7872110/14/11 at 6:21ampost #15111 of 7872110/14/11 at 6:40amQuote:Originally Posted by luftvier
UprCrust, I think this shirt isn't work for you. It's a shade too close to your skin color, and at first glance it appears as if you're wearing a tie around your neck and have a suit on over your otherwise nude torso. A bit Miami for NYC A pale blue or white shirt may have served you better,
The concept of me wearing a tie over my otherwise un-covered body under a suit is equal parts grotesque and comical - happily, the public is not being subjected to my considerable moobs in an undraped state.
That being said, I think that I shall retire this shirt from active service - it is simply the wrong shade of pink for wearing with most of my wardrobe.
Edited by upr_crust - 10/14/11 at 8:18ampost #15112 of 7872110/14/11 at 6:45am
TTO, your look is just getting better and better!
The use of texture and colour is excellent here. I love the mid- (Royal?) blue with that rougher sage-green wool tie, and I know some people don't like things are too matchy here, but your PS is perfectly in tune with the tie without looking like it's trying too hard - I think because the texture is, again, so different. I like the red laces in the brown suede shoes too - changing my lace colour is something I do a lot and I think it shows attention to detail and, like most of what you do, thumbs its nose just that little bit at the overly conventional. Great hat too.
Good stuff!post #15113 of 7872110/14/11 at 6:58ampost #15114 of 7872110/14/11 at 7:01amQuote:Originally Posted by exhaze
Have fun with that Moscow Friday outbound traffic, I'm not envious. Really love the jacket. Do you not find it to be too small on your arms? I can see a bunch of wrinkling which is common for sleeves on garments that are close fitting for the arms. You've mentioned before that you get your jacket sleeves made a lot larger due to your musclulature. If you flexed your biceps, would the sleeves rip apart?
The wrinkles on this jacket - a consequence of a thick skin and socks often in harsh conditions in Russia.
In fact - this jacket sleeves are spacious and comfortable, for example - they are much wider than the other branches jacket - black (which I was last Saturday).
So in a black jacket - wrinkles and creases there.
But there are wrinkles to brown.
Although the difference in the width of the sleeves are very large (I think 2 - 2.5 inches in circumference)post #15115 of 7872110/14/11 at 7:11ampost #15116 of 7872110/14/11 at 7:14amToday's ensemble. On my balcony in the heart of Santiago. Sorry for the shitty pics. I need a stand for my new Galaxy S2. It's been too long not posting in this thread.
MT, misc 'Made in Italy' Daffy's Special SC, Robert Talbott, Incos, AE, Trafalgarpost #15117 of 7872110/14/11 at 7:27ampost #15118 of 7872110/14/11 at 7:49ampost #15119 of 7872110/14/11 at 7:50am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...
- › Vanda, Borrelli, EG Cappelli neckties 6 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › NWT Copley Croydon Sport Coat Sz 44T 14 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Lee Sportswear Union Made Check Flannel Shirt 33 minutes ago
- › two nice medium sweaters Brooks brothers and LL Bean 34 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 35 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 40 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015