Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:15 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1008
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15107 of 7872210/14/11 at 6:16amQuote:Originally Posted by upr_crust
Suit - HF
Shirt - BB MTM
Tie - Barney's
Cufflinks - The London Badge & Button Co.
Shoes - AE Seven Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
UprCrust, I think this shirt isn't working for you. It's a shade too close to your skin color, and at first glance it appears as if you're wearing a tie around your neck and have a suit on over your otherwise nude torso. A bit Miami for NYC A pale blue or white shirt may have served you better,Quote:Originally Posted by TTO
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Fantastic textures and color.Quote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
While we're on the subject of patterns, I'm in a glass house today and probably shouldn't throw stones.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Edited by luftvier - 10/14/11 at 6:57ampost #15108 of 7872210/14/11 at 6:18ampost #15109 of 7872210/14/11 at 6:18ampost #15110 of 7872210/14/11 at 6:21ampost #15111 of 7872210/14/11 at 6:40amQuote:Originally Posted by luftvier
UprCrust, I think this shirt isn't work for you. It's a shade too close to your skin color, and at first glance it appears as if you're wearing a tie around your neck and have a suit on over your otherwise nude torso. A bit Miami for NYC A pale blue or white shirt may have served you better,
The concept of me wearing a tie over my otherwise un-covered body under a suit is equal parts grotesque and comical - happily, the public is not being subjected to my considerable moobs in an undraped state.
That being said, I think that I shall retire this shirt from active service - it is simply the wrong shade of pink for wearing with most of my wardrobe.
Edited by upr_crust - 10/14/11 at 8:18ampost #15112 of 7872210/14/11 at 6:45am
TTO, your look is just getting better and better!
The use of texture and colour is excellent here. I love the mid- (Royal?) blue with that rougher sage-green wool tie, and I know some people don't like things are too matchy here, but your PS is perfectly in tune with the tie without looking like it's trying too hard - I think because the texture is, again, so different. I like the red laces in the brown suede shoes too - changing my lace colour is something I do a lot and I think it shows attention to detail and, like most of what you do, thumbs its nose just that little bit at the overly conventional. Great hat too.
Good stuff!post #15113 of 7872210/14/11 at 6:58ampost #15114 of 7872210/14/11 at 7:01amQuote:Originally Posted by exhaze
Have fun with that Moscow Friday outbound traffic, I'm not envious. Really love the jacket. Do you not find it to be too small on your arms? I can see a bunch of wrinkling which is common for sleeves on garments that are close fitting for the arms. You've mentioned before that you get your jacket sleeves made a lot larger due to your musclulature. If you flexed your biceps, would the sleeves rip apart?
The wrinkles on this jacket - a consequence of a thick skin and socks often in harsh conditions in Russia.
In fact - this jacket sleeves are spacious and comfortable, for example - they are much wider than the other branches jacket - black (which I was last Saturday).
So in a black jacket - wrinkles and creases there.
But there are wrinkles to brown.
Although the difference in the width of the sleeves are very large (I think 2 - 2.5 inches in circumference)post #15115 of 7872210/14/11 at 7:11ampost #15116 of 7872210/14/11 at 7:14amToday's ensemble. On my balcony in the heart of Santiago. Sorry for the shitty pics. I need a stand for my new Galaxy S2. It's been too long not posting in this thread.
MT, misc 'Made in Italy' Daffy's Special SC, Robert Talbott, Incos, AE, Trafalgarpost #15117 of 7872210/14/11 at 7:27ampost #15118 of 7872210/14/11 at 7:49ampost #15119 of 7872210/14/11 at 7:50am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Ralph Lauren, Brooks Brothers & BBBF shirts - 16.5 & BBBF4 5 minutes ago
- › LAWLESS DENIM (LD&Co) OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD 5 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 9 minutes ago
- › Best Potato Chips 9 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 10 minutes ago
- › Good tailor in Vancouver? 10 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 14 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays