Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1008
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15107 of 7872310/14/11 at 6:16amQuote:Originally Posted by upr_crust
Suit - HF
Shirt - BB MTM
Tie - Barney's
Cufflinks - The London Badge & Button Co.
Shoes - AE Seven Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
UprCrust, I think this shirt isn't working for you. It's a shade too close to your skin color, and at first glance it appears as if you're wearing a tie around your neck and have a suit on over your otherwise nude torso. A bit Miami for NYC A pale blue or white shirt may have served you better,Quote:Originally Posted by TTO
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Fantastic textures and color.Quote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
While we're on the subject of patterns, I'm in a glass house today and probably shouldn't throw stones.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Edited by luftvier - 10/14/11 at 6:57ampost #15108 of 7872310/14/11 at 6:18ampost #15109 of 7872310/14/11 at 6:18ampost #15110 of 7872310/14/11 at 6:21ampost #15111 of 7872310/14/11 at 6:40amQuote:Originally Posted by luftvier
UprCrust, I think this shirt isn't work for you. It's a shade too close to your skin color, and at first glance it appears as if you're wearing a tie around your neck and have a suit on over your otherwise nude torso. A bit Miami for NYC A pale blue or white shirt may have served you better,
The concept of me wearing a tie over my otherwise un-covered body under a suit is equal parts grotesque and comical - happily, the public is not being subjected to my considerable moobs in an undraped state.
That being said, I think that I shall retire this shirt from active service - it is simply the wrong shade of pink for wearing with most of my wardrobe.
Edited by upr_crust - 10/14/11 at 8:18ampost #15112 of 7872310/14/11 at 6:45am
TTO, your look is just getting better and better!
The use of texture and colour is excellent here. I love the mid- (Royal?) blue with that rougher sage-green wool tie, and I know some people don't like things are too matchy here, but your PS is perfectly in tune with the tie without looking like it's trying too hard - I think because the texture is, again, so different. I like the red laces in the brown suede shoes too - changing my lace colour is something I do a lot and I think it shows attention to detail and, like most of what you do, thumbs its nose just that little bit at the overly conventional. Great hat too.
Good stuff!post #15113 of 7872310/14/11 at 6:58ampost #15114 of 7872310/14/11 at 7:01amQuote:Originally Posted by exhaze
Have fun with that Moscow Friday outbound traffic, I'm not envious. Really love the jacket. Do you not find it to be too small on your arms? I can see a bunch of wrinkling which is common for sleeves on garments that are close fitting for the arms. You've mentioned before that you get your jacket sleeves made a lot larger due to your musclulature. If you flexed your biceps, would the sleeves rip apart?
The wrinkles on this jacket - a consequence of a thick skin and socks often in harsh conditions in Russia.
In fact - this jacket sleeves are spacious and comfortable, for example - they are much wider than the other branches jacket - black (which I was last Saturday).
So in a black jacket - wrinkles and creases there.
But there are wrinkles to brown.
Although the difference in the width of the sleeves are very large (I think 2 - 2.5 inches in circumference)post #15115 of 7872310/14/11 at 7:11ampost #15116 of 7872310/14/11 at 7:14amToday's ensemble. On my balcony in the heart of Santiago. Sorry for the shitty pics. I need a stand for my new Galaxy S2. It's been too long not posting in this thread.
MT, misc 'Made in Italy' Daffy's Special SC, Robert Talbott, Incos, AE, Trafalgarpost #15117 of 7872310/14/11 at 7:27ampost #15118 of 7872310/14/11 at 7:49ampost #15119 of 7872310/14/11 at 7:50am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge 19th September 2014: Brown tie without a staple... 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 6 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Shirt crease question 8 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Buying Black Double-Monks 13 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)