That's a beautiful cloth - may I ask what it is?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1003post #15031 of 7872210/13/11 at 3:04am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15032 of 7872210/13/11 at 3:26ampost #15033 of 7872210/13/11 at 3:27ampost #15034 of 7872210/13/11 at 3:30ampost #15035 of 7872210/13/11 at 3:37ampost #15036 of 7872210/13/11 at 4:06ampost #15037 of 7872210/13/11 at 4:31ampost #15038 of 7872210/13/11 at 4:40amQuote:Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Great patterned suit, but way too many colors and linear patterns going on overall. Lets step back a bit.
I would suggest a solid white or blue shirt, solid burgundy or silver/black glen plaid tie and white pocket square.
I would encourage you to work on nailing the basic color concepts first for each suit, then adding one pattern at a time. Don't start with four of them.
But, I give you bonus points for selecting the solid colored coordinated socks. (You could teach one or two guys on here, who shall remain nameless but they know who they are, a lesson or two about that. ) The solid matching socks show off the beautiful pattern in your suit and don't distract from it. Way to go.
To be honest, when I picked these clothes it escaped my attention that every single piece was patterned. I don't know what I was thinking. I will indeed step back a bit and go extremely simple today.Quote:Originally Posted by Threadbearer
I'm bound to be in the minority on this, but I actually think you've pulled off the mega-pattern coordinating pretty well here. It's mostly the loud (and unattractive) tie that's causing eye overload and carrying you into The Spoozy Zone.
Apparently, the emperor's clothes aren't the only thing that's invisible.
Hey, I love that tie! And I love Spoozy, so there you have it.post #15039 of 7872210/13/11 at 4:47ampost #15040 of 7872210/13/11 at 5:21ampost #15041 of 7872210/13/11 at 5:44ampost #15042 of 7872210/13/11 at 7:02ampost #15043 of 7872210/13/11 at 7:26ampost #15044 of 7872210/13/11 at 7:40ampost #15045 of 7872210/13/11 at 7:49am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1133 Active Users (200 Members and 933 Guests)
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 42 seconds ago
- › Momotaro 2 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 8 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 9 minutes ago
- › Is this a normal wear rate on new shoes? 10 minutes ago
- › The Original Chippewa Heritage Boot Line 11 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 13 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 15 minutes ago
- › How does this product work?28 18 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...