That's a beautiful cloth - may I ask what it is?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:39 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 11:55 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1003post #15031 of 7872210/13/11 at 3:04am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15032 of 7872210/13/11 at 3:26ampost #15033 of 7872210/13/11 at 3:27ampost #15034 of 7872210/13/11 at 3:30ampost #15035 of 7872210/13/11 at 3:37ampost #15036 of 7872210/13/11 at 4:06ampost #15037 of 7872210/13/11 at 4:31ampost #15038 of 7872210/13/11 at 4:40amQuote:Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Great patterned suit, but way too many colors and linear patterns going on overall. Lets step back a bit.
I would suggest a solid white or blue shirt, solid burgundy or silver/black glen plaid tie and white pocket square.
I would encourage you to work on nailing the basic color concepts first for each suit, then adding one pattern at a time. Don't start with four of them.
But, I give you bonus points for selecting the solid colored coordinated socks. (You could teach one or two guys on here, who shall remain nameless but they know who they are, a lesson or two about that. ) The solid matching socks show off the beautiful pattern in your suit and don't distract from it. Way to go.
To be honest, when I picked these clothes it escaped my attention that every single piece was patterned. I don't know what I was thinking. I will indeed step back a bit and go extremely simple today.Quote:Originally Posted by Threadbearer
I'm bound to be in the minority on this, but I actually think you've pulled off the mega-pattern coordinating pretty well here. It's mostly the loud (and unattractive) tie that's causing eye overload and carrying you into The Spoozy Zone.
Apparently, the emperor's clothes aren't the only thing that's invisible.
Hey, I love that tie! And I love Spoozy, so there you have it.post #15039 of 7872210/13/11 at 4:47ampost #15040 of 7872210/13/11 at 5:21ampost #15041 of 7872210/13/11 at 5:44ampost #15042 of 7872210/13/11 at 7:02ampost #15043 of 7872210/13/11 at 7:26ampost #15044 of 7872210/13/11 at 7:40ampost #15045 of 7872210/13/11 at 7:49am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1174 Active Users (246 Members and 928 Guests)
- › Official Events and PSA thread 48 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 6 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Are Italian shoes not very good? 11 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 15 minutes ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Chukka in Burgundy Calf size 10 UK 946 last. 17 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY (really Saturday) CHALLENGE: March 28th: 50 Shades of Black Tie 21 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 23 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...