That's a beautiful cloth - may I ask what it is?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:54 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 1003post #15031 of 7871910/13/11 at 3:04am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15032 of 7871910/13/11 at 3:26ampost #15033 of 7871910/13/11 at 3:27ampost #15034 of 7871910/13/11 at 3:30ampost #15035 of 7871910/13/11 at 3:37ampost #15036 of 7871910/13/11 at 4:06ampost #15037 of 7871910/13/11 at 4:31ampost #15038 of 7871910/13/11 at 4:40amQuote:Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Great patterned suit, but way too many colors and linear patterns going on overall. Lets step back a bit.
I would suggest a solid white or blue shirt, solid burgundy or silver/black glen plaid tie and white pocket square.
I would encourage you to work on nailing the basic color concepts first for each suit, then adding one pattern at a time. Don't start with four of them.
But, I give you bonus points for selecting the solid colored coordinated socks. (You could teach one or two guys on here, who shall remain nameless but they know who they are, a lesson or two about that. ) The solid matching socks show off the beautiful pattern in your suit and don't distract from it. Way to go.
To be honest, when I picked these clothes it escaped my attention that every single piece was patterned. I don't know what I was thinking. I will indeed step back a bit and go extremely simple today.Quote:Originally Posted by Threadbearer
I'm bound to be in the minority on this, but I actually think you've pulled off the mega-pattern coordinating pretty well here. It's mostly the loud (and unattractive) tie that's causing eye overload and carrying you into The Spoozy Zone.
Apparently, the emperor's clothes aren't the only thing that's invisible.
Hey, I love that tie! And I love Spoozy, so there you have it.post #15039 of 7871910/13/11 at 4:47ampost #15040 of 7871910/13/11 at 5:21ampost #15041 of 7871910/13/11 at 5:44ampost #15042 of 7871910/13/11 at 7:02ampost #15043 of 7871910/13/11 at 7:26ampost #15044 of 7871910/13/11 at 7:40ampost #15045 of 7871910/13/11 at 7:49am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
Currently, there are 1589 Active Users (398 Members and 1191 Guests)
- › Cars We Drive! 19 seconds ago
- › Crockett and Jones for Brooks Brothers Cordovan Boots and Shoes 30 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Eidos Napoli 6 minutes ago
- › ethan's Musing on the Near East 7 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 10 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 12 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?